Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I dont know if Maxima was a direct inspiration but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were true. Their MO's and visuals were awfully similar.

It was always a icky situation, with an older woman obviously manipulating a hormonal teenager. But she was a villain, it wasn't supposed to have a nice, clean dynamic.

Tana Moon is what always got me. Way back in the 90's I was closer to Kon's age than Knockout or Tana so I wasn't very put-off by the idea of someone about my age hooking up with an older woman ("older" being 25). But it always struck me as odd. And now I just find it weird. Like, Knockout I get; she was a villain playing an idiot kid. Tana? What kind of life did you lead, Ms. Moon, where a 15 year old seems appealing to you when you're in your 20's?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I dunno about the MO. Maxima was an arrogant noble... somewhere between Wonder Woman and Namor. She was a peer of Supergirl pretty much in the New 52 though and I thought that was pretty good, too. But with Maxima I have to imagine that George Perez really was the one who had plans for using her while writing Action. They didn't skip a beat with her character up to Death Of but at times over the years it has felt like they weren't really sure what to do with her.

Knockout is very playful. I guess like Catwoman by way of Apokolips. She kinda makes Maxima look like a silver/bronze age character, wanting to cuff down Superman instead of having her fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    He is the equivalent of a teenager because he's really three weeks old, not because he's really a grown man. Yes, they did intend him to be a grown man - what they intended didn't happen (because it was interrupted), so he wound up a boy instead.
    He's the equivalent because of how the number of weeks would correspond to being formed as a grown man. We're saying the same thing, I'm just trying to completely explain it in the context of science fiction cloning and how that defies our logic trying to discuss real concepts like aging.

Moreso mentally. I did look back and saw him mention being able to make Star Wars references from his memory implants. He can recall however much of Star Wars, but in being a memory implant it would mean that he had not literally seen Star Wars. Same with school, relationships, etc. He could have been anyone he was programmed to be without having lived it. If it seems I'm not getting what you say I think answering this will help me: do you think Kal El's memories (graduation, Supermanning, parents, etc) completely implanted inside Kon El, so he was exactly the 30 something year old Superman he first thought he was, would change your opinion on the dynamic with Knockout?

He attended school in his own comic, and ran out of downloaded info (and started failing tests) in freshman year of high school.
    I have some Marz and later back issues to fill in. So far I can't really think of high school experience outside of the Risk special and I dunno, maybe Conner.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dont know if Maxima was a direct inspiration but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were true. Their MO's and visuals were awfully similar.

It was always a icky situation, with an older woman obviously manipulating a hormonal teenager. But she was a villain, it wasn't supposed to have a nice, clean dynamic.

Tana Moon is what always got me. Way back in the 90's I was closer to Kon's age than Knockout or Tana so I wasn't very put-off by the idea of someone about my age hooking up with an older woman ("older" being 25). But it always struck me as odd. And now I just find it weird. Like, Knockout I get; she was a villain playing an idiot kid. Tana? What kind of life did you lead, Ms. Moon, where a 15 year old seems appealing to you when you're in your 20's?
    Yeah, I think they wanted to play on the "hot teacher" dynamic where teen boys fantasize about an older lady being inexplicably into them, and whatever about that. I get that... But the other way around is just strange.

Even if we try and ignore all the ick in that, what about a 15 year old boy is going to be appealing to an adult woman? I genuinely don't get it on any level.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-01-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Well, the same kind of life as Brigitte Macron, I guess

Plus, Kon's very confident and willful, it can be attractive for even older women, if played well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kuwagaton View Post
    ptobably a coincidence with maxima though. Redheads just look good in green one pieces.
    poison ivy!!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I have some Marz and later back issues to fill in. So far I can't really think of high school experience outside of the Risk special and I dunno, maybe Conner.
    If you are talking about High-School Conner:
    -Lemire Run (which is the latest Pre-Flashpoint Run)
    -TT (at least at graduation day Clark visited him in school)