Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Boisterously Confused

Default Even I know my DC opinion is nuts, but I cling to it with no shame!

Superman should never have gone beyond Toon-YJ-Superboy's levels of power.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    LOL!

Because kryptonite should not be the only challenge Superman has to face.

That's an interesting opinion.

I personnaly think his power levels are not that important, the writing makes all.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yet, flash can outrun light or anything really . Diana can become a godess. Manhunter can do all that crazy stuff. Batman can be batgod...etc

Stop depowering "super" man. If these are all exceptable to you and somehow superman's powerlevel is the only thing that you have problem with. Then it might not be superman's power that is the problem. Problem is superman isn't for you and you hate superman beating any of your favourite characters.

Flash gets more broken and broken and his powers have gone unchecked by anyone for awhile
    He is more than due for a bit of a depowering

Superman is bad too but the more crazy stuff he does the more his fans feel he is being written badly when he isn't portrayed as a walking god

Green Lantern is pretty weak because a lot of writers lack imagination to use his powers creatively outside of lasers and constructs

Wonder Woman is really pretty weak all things considered, She is only a good fighter she is not really as strong as Supes or as fast as Flash. All she excels at is being a warrior

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yet, flash can outrun light or anything really . Diana can become a godess. Manhunter can do all that crazy stuff. Batman can be batgod...etc

Stop depowering "super" man. If these are all exceptable to you and somehow superman's powerlevel is the only thing that you have problem with. Then it might not be superman's power that is the problem. Problem is superman isn't for you and you hate superman beating any of your favourite characters.
    I'd dial them all back a bit. Including the Batgod.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

I agree with you! Stop depowering superman!! I hated the truth and the series he had on the cartoon network where they watered his powers down!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post

I personnaly think his power levels are not that important, the writing makes all.
    I echo this notion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post

I agree.
    However, I think comics and the characters are measured more by their physical confrontations these days, rather than any inventive storytelling.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Superman should never have gone beyond Toon-YJ-Superboy's levels of power.
    It's not. You can punch really hard.

In fact, punching him really hard is how he died.

If we want to do Legacies, Batman should be an organization, not a man. And I don't mean Batman Inc. I mean, Bruce, Dick and Tim all wear the cape and cowl at different times (but never all at once). Batman is not a person (in this case), hes an action alias ala the Checkmate Knights.

Dick and Tim still keep their Nightwing and Red Robin identities, but only when they're not executing Batman missions.
    ..............F%&k, that's actually really cool as a concept in and of itself.

Basically Snyder's Batman Maker Thing-y (I believe that's the technical term for it) but as an organization.

At the very least you've got a really strong "Ultimate" take on Batman here.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-02-2019 at 04:24 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It's not. You can punch really hard.

In fact, punching him really hard is how he died.
    How'd that work out again?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

How'd that work out again?
    He died.

I mean, he came back, yeah, but he's not suddenly immune to punches.

Jason came back too, but I'd bet good money you could bludgeon him to death again.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

You're in good company - Charles Schulz agreed with that sentiment. He thought Superman flying was going too far.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    No real contribution to the actual topic but THIS made my morning.
    -
    -
    -
    Ok a little contibution.
    If you're saying what I think you mean, I'm with you.
    It's easier to write more compelling stories where there are clearer limits to characters/ characters are not "overpowered".
    Nothing against Supes. Applies to all characters in the same bracket.
    That said Irredeemable (Mark Waid) was a compelling story from what I remember...