Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    If we want to do Legacies, Batman should be an organization, not a man. And I don't mean Batman Inc. I mean, Bruce, Dick and Tim all wear the cape and cowl at different times (but never all at once). Batman is not a person (in this case), hes an action alias ala the Checkmate Knights.

Dick and Tim still keep their Nightwing and Red Robin identities, but only when they're not executing Batman missions.
    I absolutely love this idea
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

My nutty opinion is as follows:

Wally West is the Flash

So is Jay Garrick

So is Barry Allen

And guess what? Readers are OK with that.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post

Wally West is the Flash

So is Jay Garrick

So is Barry Allen

I wish there were more people like you
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I just wonder if you could write an ongoing pulpier DCU or if like prior attempts to depower characters it would just be a constant battle with the collective memory of the DCU. We have a Superman who can leap tall buildings, but have to keep reminding the creative teams on Justice League he can't fly into space. We get a Flash who can run at Mach speeds but have to keep reminding everyone it means he can't reach everywhere on Earth in a blink. We start off with a Batman who is a bad-ass normal but keep getting arguments about how Bruce could adapt some technology to match Superman or Wonder Woman's stats,

I personally would love to read stories in a world where the heroes individually were only powerful enough to defend at most a single city. Something like the League would actually be needed for the foes who threatened say Los Angeles and New York simultaneously. But I fear that maybe two years into such a line we'd have Flash and Superman racing from New York to Washington before a villain finished a sentence or Batman going toe-to-toe with Kryptonians using prototype Wayne technology.
    I can see where that might be a problem, but I don't know if I'd want a whole line. I'm picturing something more like Earth 2, a single book that follows all the characters, under strict editorial mandate not to let anything get more fantastical than the Fleischer cartoons.

WELL. Maybe not the Fleischer cartoons. Superman's strength is really inconsistent in those. But something on that level. Each character would get a detailed characterization and power guide, potentially incompatible with the rest of the DCU.

Would this ever happen? Probably not, but who cares? It's the fun of it.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It's not. You can punch really hard.

In fact, punching him really hard is how he died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    He died.

I mean, he came back, yeah, but he's not suddenly immune to punches.

Jason came back too, but I'd bet good money you could bludgeon him to death again.
    Thanks for the late night laugh, dude.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

A Wonder Woman vs the Elite (or whatever strawman antihero was created to complain about 90s antiheroes) would be far more interesting than with what usually happens with Superman or Batman. The discussion would not be so black and white and dig into the nuances of different situations where lethal force is used and the consequences that can follow when a superhero kills.

If it does come to the Elite deciding to come to blows with Diana, I'd also like her to point out to them that she is not only a member of the Justice League and has friends among a few governments but is also a foreign dignitary. This could be interesting as it could lead to Black trying to figure out other ways to clash with Diana while she does the same.

Wally West is the Flash

So is Jay Garrick

So is Barry Allen

I just wish DC Editorial was...

BANNED

I think most of the time Clark holds back his powers and only uses them fully when he has no choice due to bigger threats characters like Zod and Darkside.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Wally West is the Flash

So is Jay Garrick

So is Barry Allen

Agreed, I mean there are so many Green Lanterns(Alan,Hal,Stewart,Kyle) , Why not there are three Flashes
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Agreed, I mean there are so many Green Lanterns(Alan,Hal,Stewart,Kyle) , Why not there are three Flashes
    Avery Ho, Hunter Zolomon and Teri Magnus are also Flash.

BANNED

Who is The Flash? The Fastest Man Alive.

How is the Fastest Man Alive three different people?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post

There was time when clark was as fast as barry allen flash. Did that make barry not flash? So, same logic applies. Flash isn't the fastest man alive necessarily. He is just the dude that runs fast.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post

When Hunter Zolomon first appearance, He was much faster than Wally, But it didn't suddenly make Wally isn't the flash or Zolomon become the flash. The Fastest Man Alive it is more like an advertising slogan
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 09-15-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Were I not a craven coward, hiding behind the internet, I should most vigorously accommodate you sir! Alas, reality intrudes.
    I loved this exchange! You two crack me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I think there's a lot of merit to the idea of a heavily scaled down Superman, but the problem is that if you scale him down, you have to scale down the whole DCU.
    This. I'm a well known Golden Age fan and I've said before that bringing Clark back down to "leap tall buildings" levels could be a lot of fun but if you do, you're completely shifting the thematics behind the character and the DCU itself. Superman's whole deal is that he's supposed to be the strongest guy around, and his story is all about his restraint and how he decides to apply that power and where he decides not to. You de-power him without doing it across the board and it changes *everything* about DC. And that *could* be an interesting story, because its not the raw power that makes Clark a hero, but nerfing him and not everyone else is changing the foundations of the entire universe and you better know what you're doing, and you better be doing it for better reasons than a personal bias against Superman, because that motivation will only lead to ruin for everybody.

If you dont like highly powerful heroes, I get it. And hey, they *are* harder to write; you need an actual imagination to challenge Superman or Green Lantern or Flash, while guys like Batman and Arrow just need a smuck with a gun (if you forget the Batgod anyway, who's the most ridiculously powerful d-bag in comics). And I can see the argument for de-powering everyone. I'd love a pulp style JSA story with all the old classic heroes, back when a battalion of nazi soldiers were a serious threat to the heroes.

But if the problem is just that Superman is too powerful....then that's just BS. Clark's not even the most powerful guy in the League's speed dial. We've got reality warpers like Firestorm, Fate, Zatanna, etc., and people like Diana, Shazam, and J'onn, who are all *almost* as physically strong, have fewer weaknesses, and almost as much (or more) utility. Tell me, Diana is almost as strong as Clark, has no weaknesses at all, and is a better fighter. How is she not over powered but Clark is? Shazam is almost as strong as Clark (equally strong if you listen to his fans), has no weaknesses, and has access to the ultimate plot device power; magic. J'onn is almost as strong as Clark, has fewer weaknesses (though, I'll admit, fire is a pretty major flaw....but still, it's one weaknesses compared to Clark's 3-5), and has even more powers than Clark himself does. If those guys aren't OP, neither is Superman. And if you think he is....then that's just a personal bias.....likely caused by not reading enough Superman.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I think three characters running around calling themselves The Flash is stupid. The same way three characters regularly flying around calling themselves Superman would be stupid. I can completely understand why Dan DiDio wouldn't want something like that. It's just not a good concept. It might work for a story line, but not for something to have regularly. It works for Green Lantern (barely, if at all) because it's rooted in the concept of the heroes being part of a Corps in which the members are called "Green Lanterns".