Ultimate Member

Default Sons of Anarchy question (Mayans spoilers)

Its been a long while since I watched Sons, so my memory might not be perfect, but...

I thought that towards the final two seasons that Jax was trying to break his Club free from their criminal connections (in between killing everyone). They gave the guns and drugs to the Mayans, for instance, and set the Niner's up with the Irish.

But in Mayans, we see that the Sons are still running guns, not the SAMCRO chpter, but still and in the last episode, we saw that his chapter was still involved too.

Am I mis-remembering? Did he fail?

From memory...

The show's overall timeline is apparently happening in real time. That being the case, it has been roughly four years since the close of Sons... What I suspect is that while they might be out overall, they could still be providing storage space and transportation(along with, maybe, protection) on what they have stored.

It also seemed like some of the members of the SAMCRO chapter were the ones who had previously been "Nomad". Feels like something could have happened there. Just because they were SAMCRO members doesn't mean that how it looked here is exactly how it was. Tough to explain away that "Sgt At Arms" patch, though.

Hard telling.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 11-09-2018 at 08:02 PM.

It could be Jibs and the samcro chapter are the only ones who respected jaxs decision. The sons In Sandeigo might have they own goals. I only saw the fire episode of mayans been so busy. As a samoan it was cool to see a samoan gang untill they went out like bitches ans dude got chopped up

Jax figured out, or was under the impression, that he was passing down a sickness through his family, borne out of himself idolizing his father. So his plan was to clean up his own mess (which came about thanks to Gemma's lies) and have his sons HATE him so they wouldn't turn out like him. He was never trying to get the club out of organized crime (probably couldn't even if he wanted to), he was trying to clear the playing field of all current enemies before taking his own life.

Honestly the final season killed this show for me I don't think I can check out Mayans
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Honestly the final season killed this show for me I don't think I can check out Mayans
    Do it just to watch Edward James Olmos.

I am not even remotely kidding.

Also think that it is a legitimately superior show.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Jax figured out, or was under the impression, that he was passing down a sickness through his family, borne out of himself idolizing his father. So his plan was to clean up his own mess (which came about thanks to Gemma's lies) and have his sons HATE him so they wouldn't turn out like him. He was never trying to get the club out of organized crime (probably couldn't even if he wanted to), he was trying to clear the playing field of all current enemies before taking his own life.
    I remember that part, but before Tara was murdered, I remember an episode in which he met with all the chapter presidents, and I thought he convinced them to get out of guns, and when the Cartel thought he was trying to get out of their deal, he assured them that the Chinese would take over (though they did kill Lin, so...)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I have the opposite problem.

Mayans is a damn good show, but watching it reminds me of how much I miss Jax and the others

Ultimate Member

So the season 2 premiere addressed this.

Jax wanted them out, but Happy said that it's 'been a rough transition'.

So I guess all Jax really accomplished was relieving some pressure on the Club