Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    AThink of what would happen to the video businesses in France, if the Disney Plus service was free to dump all its content on its channel--those businesses would collapse. Pretty soon all the content in France would be coming from the United States. That's a cultural invasion.

Countries with a much smaller population can't compete against the influx of American products, without some kind of protection for their homegrown businnesses.
    An awful lot of of the content is already coming from the United States. Hard to envision a scenario where this law changes that.

This is not about content creation, it's about protectionism of a dying (and increasingly niche) market.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    100% This!

The only thing I want to add is also the american consumer mindset that they are entitled to entertainment at a free cost. People work hard to make the tv, music, and movies that we enjoy, should they not be compensated for it.
    I dunno about anyone else, but I pay about $150 a month through various streaming services, and I don't have cable or dish. I certainly do not have an expectation of free entertainment. The closest I've ever gotten to that is a free concert at the city park.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 09-02-2019 at 01:42 PM.