Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is simply unacceptable. If Johns can not write this book because of his schedule then another writer needs to be assigned to this book! The only book I even remotely cared about coming from DC, I’m done with them until they receive new leadership.

Sorry to my fellow Shazam fans
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I really liked Johns work on Shazam in JL backups, but he really should have just given the character to someone else to write after his JL run concluded.

If the delays on both Doomsday Clock and Shazam are due to Geoff Johns and NOT due to Gary Frank or Dale Eaglesham, then I would suggest getting Johns off Shazam as soon as whatever contract DC has with Johns to do Shazam allows.

He'll have to stay on Doomsday Clock since that's his vision and story, but Shazam is a DC thing, not a Geoff Johns thing. Even if Johns is revamping the character, it would still be possible for another writer to take up the reins. Sooner or later, Johns is going to leave Shazam anyway.

If it's the artist, then if contracts don't prevent it, get Eaglesham off and have the remainder of the scripts drawn by someone or someones who can keep the monthly schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsarama
    DC have canceled all orders for Shazam! #9 through #11, but inform retailers that the issues "will be resolicited."
    Now for another bit of business that's been bugging me. "DC" like all group nouns are collective nouns and should take the singular in this case. It's "DC has," not "DC have." I know Rich Johnston does this kind of thing all the time, and maybe English-English is different from American-English, but it's never proper to say "DC have," "DC are," etc. in American-English. In some cases, a collective noun can take the plural, but not in this case.

If you are enjoying the quality of a series, but it is taking a while, I have no idea why you would just want to up and replace the creative team. Most of my favorite characters are saddled with mediocre writers and no-name artists that together produce unmemorable slop. I would absolutely kill to have Johns write my favorite characters once every couple of months than have the likes of Lodbell churn out unmemorable stories that are akin to having no issues at all.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I really liked Johns work on Shazam in JL backups, but he really should have just given the character to someone else to write after his JL run concluded.
    pretty much this, I think he's trying to wear too many hats right now.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    If you are enjoying the quality of a series, but it is taking a while, I have no idea why you would just want to up and replace the creative team. Most of my favorite characters are saddled with mediocre writers and no-name artists that together produce unmemorable slop. I would absolutely kill to have Johns write my favorite characters once every couple of months than have the likes of Lodbell churn out unmemorable stories that are akin to having no issues at all.
    I am of the same mind. The delays suck, but unless DC has someone equally good on deck, I would rather Johns continue.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your opinion because in essence I agree with it - I'd rather endure some delays with a really amazing story versus suffer through mediocre writing on something being released regularly.

But the delays with Doomsday Clock have significantly derailed the momentum DC had with Rebirth, and now the delays with Shazam is going to derail the momentum that character may have had following a relatively successful relaunch and film. That reverberates throughout the company as a whole, not just with those titles. And it's not like Johns is writing a ton right now. I know he has his hands full with other responsibilities outside of writing but that's my point - if he clearly cannot keep up with a monthly title, then he should step aside and give it to someone else. I'm not convinced Johns is the only writer who can take on Shazam.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I am of the same mind. The delays suck, but unless DC has someone equally good on deck, I would rather Johns continue.
    In that case johns should make the book a ogn to tell his story. Then dc should let someone else do the series.

These delays are not acceptable because if marvel was th do this with certain books. All you know what would breakout lead by the very folks who are giving dc passes. I could careless about quality takes time excuse. I f Shazam was a few skin tones darker we wouldn’t hear that.

You know you have at least 6 issues. How hard is it to have them all done before releasing issue 1?

Doomsday Clock is like the DC version of the Ultimates
    They say the ending is coming and then we have to wait a few months more

Johns is not really focusing on comics anymore so he should probably stop writing them so much. 12 issues is far too much for him nowadays with his workload

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's worth the wait.

Where's Jeff Parker, though?? He's already proven to be a great fit for Cap.

Now Captain Marvel is copying Miracleman.

Somebody was going to go there.

Sad to see it delayed, but I'm welling to wait for Johns than have another writer. After all, he breathed a life in Shazam and created a new version of him that made me interested in him.
    Last edited by Rise; 09-02-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    In that case johns should make the book a ogn to tell his story. Then dc should let someone else do the series.

These delays are not acceptable because if marvel was th do this with certain books. All you know what would breakout lead by the very folks who are giving dc passes. I could careless about quality takes time excuse. I f Shazam was a few skin tones darker we wouldn’t hear that.

You know you have at least 6 issues. How hard is it to have them all done before releasing issue 1?
    I think Johns is going to focus on finishing Doomsday Clock, so Frank can get back to Batman Earth One volume 3, then he'll probably finish off the rest of current Shazam storyarc. After that, I wouldn’t be surprised if Johns gives up the book or turns it into a bunch of miniseries that get released whenever the scripts are finished

How about that Killing Zone though, amiright?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Easy solution on future Johns limited series (looking at you, Three Jokers ), don’t solicit the series until ALL issues are complete. Period. End of story.