Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wild & Ill-Informed MCU Phase 4 Predictions!

So we know what films and shows we're getting out of Marvel for the next few years, we know some casting decisions, and we have some scant details about what we're getting. But not a whole lot to go off of! So this is the perfect time to take what little we know and make wild, ill-informed predictions about what'll happen!

I think we're getting

The Thunderbolts Initiative. Half inspired by the Dark Avengers as well as the Thunderbolts. A decade ago Nick Fury showed up at the end of movies talking about recruiting heroes for a new team. I think in Phase 4, we're gonna get Thunderbolt Ross showing up in end-credit scenes to recruit the villains. I think this because of Ross' return to the MCU since Civil War (he's not an actor you waste!) and Zemo's upcoming return in Falcon & Winter Soldier. And Taskmaster. And possibly a few other potential bad guys who feel like solid "Thunderbolt/Dark Avengers" material.

I think Wandavision is going to be about Wanda trying to re-build Vision. I think she's going to ask Wakanda to repair Viz's body (easy enough with Shuri) and upload what Shuri saved of Viz's programming/personality back in. We'll get a Viz with missing memories and no emotion. And Nightmare will offer Wanda a chance to save Viz's "soul" and restore their love. The show's sitcom/suburban setting will be a dream that goes dark. My wild and ill-informed prediction is that Wanda will snap; manipulated by Nightmare and desperate to save Viz, she goes off the deep end and we'll get crazy Wanda. When she appears in Dr. Strange 2, it'll be as a "mini boss" in the film; once stopped she'll snap out of her rage and help Strange defeat Nightmare. Oh, we'll also learn that while the mind stone shaped Wanda's powers, her powers are actually magic and its the genetic potential (re: mutants) that let her and her brother survive Strucker's experiments.

Thor will remain chubby, and he'll still get all the girls (except Jane). The GotG will cameo in Thor 4, just as Strange and Hulk were in Thor 3. This will be Hemsworth's final film and the first of a Jane trilogy. Marvel's first romantic comedy.

Black Widow will set up Yelena as Nat's successor. This will be ScarJo's final film and the first of a Yelena trilogy. Maybe. Or it might just be a stand-alone film, like Incredible Hulk but without the troubles with Universal.

Hawkeye will explore Clint's past in the crime circus, and his brother will be the villain, and it'll all be very Fraction-esque. No reason for this prediction other than "what else would they do?"

Marvel is putting together a Champions/Young Avengers team and we'll see them after Ant-Man 3 (2024) lays the groundwork for Stature. No reason for this prediction beyond it being kinda obvious, I think.

Shang Chi's father has been the secret power behind many of the criminal organizations we've seen in the MCU. He helped finance AIM, he controls the Ten Rings, he was a council member of Hydra before it fell, etc. And nobody knows. He's the Keiser Soze of the MCU. To the Ten Rings he was the Mandarin, to his Chinese mob he's Zheng, to AIM he was, I dunno, Mr. Pink.

The current Spider-Man/Sony troubles will be resolved and Holland will get his final film in the MCU. Then Sony will take over completely with Miles.

By 2025 we *still* wont have a Nova movie!
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-01-2019 at 09:01 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.