Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I read some rumors about Iron fist getting rebooted for Disney+ and/or getting a cameo in Shang-chi. Its a bummer but if any of them were getting rebooted, it be him.

Oh well.

I still wanna see Luke Cage in Blade and JJ in Captain Marvel 2.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-02-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I read some rumors about Iron fist getting rebooted for Disney+ and/or getting a cameo in Shang-chi. Its a bummer but if any of them were getting rebooted, it be him.

Oh well.

I think Daredevil is the only one with a chance of not getting rebooted maybe Punisher. But honestly If DD does appear in Spiderman 3 I think it will be a rebooted daredevil by a different actor. But time will tells rumors also that Morbius is gonna cross over with Blade and Moonknight and that Ghost Rider could make an appearance in Dr Strange 2. I dont believe any of that untill I hear it from someone other then a youtuber quoting someone off Reddit though.

BANNED

I believe the next 10 year arc is going to be Secret Wars. Makes sense given the scale of the characters they have/will have far more than a Skrulls thing. And there are a lot of elements of that story that can reasonably be changed. The whole thing could take place on Earth, for instance. Iron Man is Rhodey, Captain America can be Falcon

Oh well.

Interesting thing about Blade, they said he is coming to the MCU but did they ever say how? movies or TV? I still don't think MCU can make a Blade film that will be a successor of the Wesley Snipes classic. How can Disney do that? Wesley's Blade was rated R. Its not the right fitting for their brand not even for Disney plus, his best chance would be Hulu.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    I think eternals will give the origin of the MCU mutants:
    they are thenas descendants
    Mutants should be children born of the atom like their masterful classic comics. making then thenas descendants will be just not be ill formed but would never be well received by X-men fans or critics who already love the hard Science fiction concept of mutants. how it gave a realistic allegory of a group of super powered people who are humanly born different as seen already in some of the past xmen adaptions that grounded super hero story telling more. Marvel already has GOTG, Thor and now Enternals. X-Men needs to be the realism aspect of the mcu like they are In the comics.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 12-22-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    I hope they seed stuff like that alot now. Even if Storm doesn't appear in Black Panther 2 set up a legend about a weather witch helping people in Africa. Maybe Ms Marvel meets a Inhuman who vaguely tells her about Attilan. If they do a period peice for F4 have Bruce and She Hulk talk about a famous scientific team that went missing in the 60s. Though I guess F4 movie could happen before She Hulk show. Moonknight can hint at a killing machine he worked with once on a Op with healing powers. Whatever it is just start seeding these new characters.

So Ryan Reynolds says they are working on Deadpool 3 over at Marvel Studios now. The writers have came out and assured people it would be R rated. Do you think that has changed or Marvel Studios will make R rated films and then release them under a different banner? I mean I can see Deadpool being the same except the world he lives in now has exaggerated versions of MCU characters instead of just fox Xmen. Sam Jacksons Fury should be the first cameo and get the drop a MFer.

But if the writers were wrong and its gonna be PG13. Just write the movie as a Hard R. Then go back over it and replace anything that makes its R with creative things. I mean gore and dismemberment, they just cant show blood when Deadpool chops someones head off. Replace bad words with funny words. And any sex scenes need to he suggestive instead explicit. I'm oversimplifying it but I'm torn. I might he fine with sacraficing the R rating if it means we get to see Ryan Reynolde interact with whoever thet recast as Wolverine. Or Tom Hollands Spiderman if Sony renews a deal with Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Dr Doom does not need a set up from Wanda and Vision. I hope the rumours are not true, To be honest most of these characters don't need set ups. the comic showed them as stand alone origins stories, setting them up in series they don't deeply belong in , is a sign that the Disney is overusing the formula and unnecessarily disrespecting the source material.

Instead of a set up that we have seen already, Let Noah Hawley still make a Dr doom origins movie. Dr Doom is an iconic super villain, he should not be Disney pulsed. Joker has shown a movie about a disturb even tragic villain could work. Dr Doom does not need to be R, but it needs to be a character study. that is what the MCU needs, not another set up movie story that has no charming effect on a Spiderman, X-Men or F4 property.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 12-27-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I believe the next 10 year arc
    I got exhausted just reading that.

Listening to an old podcast with James Gunn. Sounds like he thinks we will see the OG Guardians again but not in GOTG 3. James Gunn basicaly said he didnt set them up for no reason and would love to explore them further just not in GOTG 3 as that movie is about those core characters and closing out the trilogy. So wondering if Gunn has talked to Marvel about doing a movie or Disney+ show with them. I mean Stallone, Rhayes and Michelle arent getting any younger and the slate is booked for years to come. So I doubt it but I'm hopeful. Maybe even just use the characters with younger actors. Though iono if I want anyone but Rooker doing that version of Yondu.

BANNED

All of the movies and introductions seem to be leaning towards the mystical/magical side of things. I wonder if that's where our predictions should be leaning....

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Daredevil is the only one with a chance of not getting rebooted maybe Punisher. But honestly If DD does appear in Spiderman 3 I think it will be a rebooted daredevil by a different actor. But time will tells rumors also that Morbius is gonna cross over with Blade and Moonknight and that Ghost Rider could make an appearance in Dr Strange 2. I dont believe any of that untill I hear it from someone other then a youtuber quoting someone off Reddit though.
    I suppose this is nice approach , daredevil and spiderman have Kingpin as one of their arch nemesis and if you never read the spiderman comics and watched only his animation's daredevil made some nice appearances but from an MCU view, I don't see how that will work, daredevil is one of the most gritter marvel characters. MCU Spiderman along with Ant Man, Avengers and GOTG are arguably the most Disney influenced MCU films. I don't think Disney would let Daredevil be in a Spiderman movie, unless Disney waters down Daredevil drastically, it will heavily change the tone of their Spiderman movies.
    think it will be a rebooted daredevil by a different actor.
    And it won't come as a surprise, since everyone by now has already accepted Netflix marvel was not tied to the movies.

But time will tells rumors also that Morbius is gonna cross over with Blade and Moonknight and that Ghost Rider could make an appearance in Dr Strange 2. I dont believe any of that untill I hear it from someone other then a youtuber quoting someone off Reddit though.
    A Morbius film is been made by Sony, MCU has never felt comfortable with having the same characters on the screen played by 2 actors, they killed of their quicksilver because fox was also using him

But seriously though, I will lessen the cross overs of Blade meeting moonknight and ghost riders making appearances in Dr strange 2 as it is now severely hurting personal story telling. Kingpin for instance is a great marvel villain, but had into the spiderverse had both daredevil and Spiderman fighting him, the movie's story arc won't have been as good.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-05-2020 at 03:45 AM.

I hope they seed stuff like that alot now. Even if Storm doesn't appear in Black Panther 2 set up a legend about a weather witch helping people in Africa. Maybe Ms Marvel meets a Inhuman who vaguely tells her about Attilan. If they do a period peice for F4 have Bruce and She Hulk talk about a famous scientific team that went missing in the 60s. Though I guess F4 movie could happen before She Hulk show. Moonknight can hint at a killing machine he worked with once on a Op with healing powers. Whatever it is just start seeding these new characters.
    Pulling a "Captain America" could totally work with the FF. Have them get trapped in the Negative Zone the whole time and emerge in the present with superpowers.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Oh well.

Wasn't Danny originally wanted for Doctor Strange but the show was under pre-production, so they dropped his cameo from the movie?

I would rather see Danny show up with Stephen than Shang personally.

So Ryan Reynolds says they are working on Deadpool 3 over at Marvel Studios now. The writers have came out and assured people it would be R rated. Do you think that has changed or Marvel Studios will make R rated films and then release them under a different banner? I mean I can see Deadpool being the same except the world he lives in now has exaggerated versions of MCU characters instead of just fox Xmen. Sam Jacksons Fury should be the first cameo and get the drop a MFer.

But if the writers were wrong and its gonna be PG13. Just write the movie as a Hard R. Then go back over it and replace anything that makes its R with creative things. I mean gore and dismemberment, they just cant show blood when Deadpool chops someones head off. Replace bad words with funny words. And any sex scenes need to he suggestive instead explicit. I'm oversimplifying it but I'm torn. I might he fine with sacraficing the R rating if it means we get to see Ryan Reynolde interact with whoever thet recast as Wolverine. Or Tom Hollands Spiderman if Sony renews a deal with Marvel.
    Deadpool works better as PG-13 IMHO. He loses his intelligent edge with the R-rated stuff. But YMMV.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So apparently Christain Bale is in talks to Join Thor 4. As either Gorr the God butcher or Beta Ray Bill. If this happens I wonder if JoJo Rabbit made Bale want to work with Taika Waititi or money lol. Hes been so against getting back into comicbook films In the past. Guess if GOTG vol 3 has a script maybe Thor 4 does aswell and maybe he just liked

Edit. Another thought. Most the reports say hes in talks for the villian role. So Gorr seems like the most likely though they could be going another way. If hes Gorr do you think they will go prosthetic instead of CGi just because its Bale. Not that they couldnt go the make up route anyway.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-06-2020 at 09:11 PM.