Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I so wish we could see Jormungand in a Thor film. Christian Bale would be the best Midgard Serpent ever!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

So haven't seen in reported by any site I trust yet. But there are reports going around Rogue will play a part in Captain Marvel 2. This is probaly BS, but I hope it's TRUE. Captain marvel is OP imo. And you can use Rogue to permanently decrease her power levels. Bring her down to Thor levels. Or slightly above Thor if you want her to still be the most powerful character in the MCU. But how easily she was coulda stomped Thanos without the gauntlet was a problem for me. Dont know how that story would work since it looks like they are setting up a Nick fUry and Carol running Sword story for CM2. Not sure how rogue would fit it but I'm sure they could make it work. If the Skrulls are gonna do a heel turn or introduce and evil sect for a possible secret invasion. Then maybe have a skrull manipulate Rogue into attacking Her instead of Mystique. Iono but I'd love for Rogue to become the powerhouse from the comics and also nerf Carol so shes still the strongest but not a Superman type character who makes other heroes redundant.

BANNED

Tony is dead, Cap is gone. The MCU heyday is over. Black Widow looks terrible. Let it rest in peace

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Tony is dead, Cap is gone. The MCU heyday is over. Black Widow looks terrible. Let it rest in peace
    While I don't think the MCU will have the same amount of success as previously, I think with the lack of good films that kids can be taken to, it will still have a place and make quite a bit of money. Additionally, DC has made it clear that they are not trying to compete with Marvel and going the more adult route, so there's little competition for them still in the PG-13 area.

As much as i've enjoyed the mcu thus far, i kinda feel this way too (although i did like the widow trailer). Not really looking forward much to Eternals so i'd say marvel studios has got its work cut out for them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    While I don't think the MCU will have the same amount of success as previously, I think with the lack of good films that kids can be taken to, it will still have a place and make quite a bit of money. Additionally, DC has made it clear that they are not trying to compete with Marvel and going the more adult route, so there's little competition for them still in the PG-13 area.
    Aside from Harley Quinn the DCEU has been successfully filling in Marvel's space IMO. Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam would fit right in with the MCU as movies, they hit the tone perfectly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Aside from Harley Quinn the DCEU has been successfully filling in Marvel's space IMO. Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam would fit right in with the MCU as movies, they hit the tone perfectly.
    Shazam fits in with the MCU, WW and Aquarman don’t.

We may not get a Nova movie, but we will get a Photon movie as Marvels answer to Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    We may not get a Nova movie, but we will get a Photon movie as Marvels answer to Joker.
    How would a Photon (Monica Rambeau?) movie be an answer to Joker??

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Was wondering the same thing. But the Joker wasnt a faithful adaption so any character I guess could be made into that type of movie. But it would probaly need to be a much more grounded character. And have some name recognition so the studio felt confident in making a deadly serious drama with a R rating. Punisher or Moonknight would work best but they would have to make a conscious decision to make the struggle with mental illness the driving factor of the movie rather then the action and heroics. Also maybe take away anything super about them. Arthur fleck was subpar in every aspect of his life. Kinda helped deliver the toll mental illness took on his life(along with how we treat the mentally ill). Once you take away everything and strip it down to just they're mental health.... makes you think why make it about a superhero at all. Just make an original films with an original character who isnt a superhero or villian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Literally who said Monica Rambeau?
    You, not me. You.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Literally who said Monica Rambeau?
    You, not me. You.
    I had a question mark beside the name for a reason, so as to ask “which “Photon” are you referring to?”.

Since deductive reasoning, at this point, infers you meant Genis-Vell, how do you suspect that could work as a grounded take?
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 02-12-2020 at 06:55 AM.

BANNED

Tony is dead, Cap is gone.
    It's funny how these are the only things you said that were true