Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Cassandras Father/Mother

Hello,

one of the most interesting aspects in DC at the moment is (at least for me) the question who Cassandra Sandsmarks Father/Mother are.

I mean first:
    Pre-Flashpoint: Zeus+Helena Sandsmark
    NEW52: Lennox+Helena Sandsmark

Rebirth we only know that she is Zeus Granddaughter.
    This leads to speculations who Cassandras Mother and Father are.

I mean it could be Lennox,Jason or even Zeus....OR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it could even be that in this continuity HELENA is a CHILD OF ZEUS...
    I mean this could be the reason why ZEUS compares CASSIES MOTHER!!! to her...

I never liked Zeus as her father (and it didn't really work even within the story it was revealed in to me, muchless with earlier references), bit it is what it is (or rather, was what it was, before being left behind with a reboot), I guess. I was fonder of what appeared to be the original set up where normal-.human Cassie had powers bestowed upon her.

I assumed New 52 parentage still held for Rebirth, but that is, admittedly, a dangerous assumption with all the continuity changes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I never liked Zeus as her father (and it didn't really work even within the story it was revealed in to me, muchless with earlier references), bit it is what it is (or rather, was what it was, before being left behind with a reboot), I guess. I was fonder of what appeared to be the original set up where normal-.human Cassie had powers bestowed upon her.

I assumed New 52 parentage still held for Rebirth, but that is, admittedly, a dangerous assumption with all the continuity changes.
    I REALLY LOVED Zeus as her father....Their interactions were also funny...
    I would LOVE if they would came back to it...Was much better than it is now....Another reason why I hate Diana...A completely OP character who now is also the daughter of Zeus..

I HOPE!! that her father is JASON and this amulet gives her access to the full range of her powers also including electrokinesis etc. to become stronger than Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I REALLY LOVED Zeus as her father....Their interactions were also funny...
    I would LOVE if they would came back to it...Was much better than it is now....Another reason why I hate Diana...A completely OP character who now is also the daughter of Zeus..

I HOPE!! that her father is JASON and this amulet gives her access to the full range of her powers also including electrokinesis etc. to become stronger than Diana.
    I'm not at all down with any of that. I don't think most characters need more power. I don't like Wally as a Speed Thief or Barry with electrokinesis or Bart's scouts. I preferred Kon with TTK only and would have liked Jon to be half-powered hybrid. Frankly, I think Diana and Clark are already overpowered, but can't really be depowered successfully as the audience won't accept it. I'm not a person who want heroes (and villains) to keep getting more and more powerful. I think there are too many city-destroying stories already, and an increase in powers only means an increase in those. I think heroes being so powerful limits storytelling potential a bit. Though I guess it expands them some, but I tend to prefer stories that aren't as big in world-destroying scope, and frankly, I think those can be done even with lesser-powered characters, and tend to involve more ingenuity and creative storytelling in those cases.

I think Cassie seeking and achieving her own power just from pursuit of it makes a better story than inheriting it. And child-of-Zeus is not exactly unique. Plus, I'm not really into the mythology aspect much, and don't prefer Cassie tied to those type of stories.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 09-02-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Mighty Member

I'm not at all down with any of that. I don't think most characters need more power. I don't like Wally as a Speed Thief or Barry with electrokinesis or Bart's scouts. I preferred Kon with TTK only and would have liked Jon to be half-powered hybrid. Frankly, I think Diana and Clark are already overpowered, but can't really be depowered successfully as the audience won't accept it. I'm not a person who want heroes (and villains) to keep getting more and more powerful. I think there are too many city-destroying stories already, and an increase in powers only means an increase in those. I think heroes being so powerful limits storytelling potential a bit. Though I guess it expands them some, but I tend to prefer stories that aren't as big in world-destroying scope, and frankly, I think those can be done even with lesser-powered characters, and tend to involve more ingenuity and creative storytelling in those cases.

I think Cassie seeking and achieving her own power just from pursuit of it makes a better story than inheriting it. And child-of-Zeus is not exactly unique. Plus, I'm not really into the mythology aspect much, and don't prefer Cassie tied to those type of stories.

I prefer Cassie,Tim,Conner,Bart...being as equal strong,stronger than Diana,Clark,Wally/Barry....
    I am really GLAD that DC in COMICS let them become closer to their "mentors"...

Its the MAJOR REASON why I kind of HATE the YJ Anime Series....

It was to much: OH we are the JL and we are so powerful....
    I mean EVEN WALLY!!!! who might be the fastest man ever was downgraded...

The only ones who were displayed as cool YJ members were Miss Martian,probably Cassandra and Bart...
    Miss Martian was the only one who ven Martian Manhunter said that she is more powerful than him..I LOVED!!! this moment...

Yet Diana hasn’t become closer to Donna. I hope Cassie cans in the comics at some point. I don’t know equal status okay. But stronger what makes Cassie stronger than Diana? Or Conner? So should Cassie be a demo goddesses ?

If Diana reverts back to her clay origin (which I hope happens), I'd be okay with Cassie reverting to being a child of Zeus - although I don't prefer it. I'd prefer it was another character.

Except, I don't want it to be Heracles. Mostly because I have other plans for him in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee. I think I've come up with a good origin for Cassie that's also fun. We'll see.

The only thing I ever really liked about Cassie's Zeusian origin was her thunderbolt lasso. That was clever.

So for me, it's:

Diana - Molded from clay and given life and tremendous powers and abilities through a combo of Hippolyta's love and the blessings of the goddesses and Hermes.

Donna - Orphaned girl or tween from Patriarch's World, who was saved by Diana, and brought to Themyscira to be raised by the Amazons and as an adopted daughter of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons. Donna gains superpowers from the Amazons in tale that has yet to be told.

Cassie - Daughter of Helena Sandsmark and an unspoken of man from Helena's past. Cassie has asked before, but Helena has been short in providing details. Which is odd, consider their relationship. It's a mystery that's about to unfold whenever I become a writer or editor at DC Comics.

Achilles - Reborn via the heart of a god and the soul of the ancient hero as an entirely new being. Takes up the mantle of Warkiller in his battle for peace.

Fury - Powerful and formidable daughter of Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor from Earth Two, Lyta Trevor, with whom the Wonder family of Prime Earth are recently reconnected with. A founding member of Infinity Inc. and heiress to the throne of Themyscira.

Jason - Embittered, sometimes-ally of the Amazons after learning the true nature of his creation and birth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yet Diana hasn’t become closer to Donna. I hope Cassie cans in the comics at some point. I don’t know equal status okay. But stronger what makes Cassie stronger than Diana? Or Conner? So should Cassie be a demo goddesses ?
    VERY EASY:

-Diana gets back to PRE-FLASHPOINT Origin: Made out of Clay
    -Cassandra gets also back to PRE-FLASHPOINT Origin: Daughter of Zeus

-Conner has TTK and Kryptonian Powers, TTK could serve as power-up (like Martian Manhunter does).
    So you use Kryptonian Strenght and use TTK like a BOOST button.

BUT! I am not saying neccessarely make them stronger...I am also ok by making them bit weaker or so...

In YJ Anime the power levels are to EXTREMELY different if you look at Clark-Conner,Barry-Wally...

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    If Diana reverts back to her clay origin (which I hope happens), I'd be okay with Cassie reverting to being a child of Zeus - although I don't prefer it. I'd prefer it was another character.

Except, I don't want it to be Heracles. Mostly because I have other plans for him in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee. I think I've come up with a good origin for Cassie that's also fun. We'll see.

The only thing I ever really liked about Cassie's Zeusian origin was her thunderbolt lasso. That was clever.

So for me, it's:

Diana - Molded from clay and given life and tremendous powers and abilities through a combo of Hippolyta's love and the blessings of the goddesses and Hermes.

Donna - Orphaned girl or tween from Patriarch's World, who was saved by Diana, and brought to Themyscira to be raised by the Amazons and as an adopted daughter of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons. Donna gains superpowers from the Amazons in tale that has yet to be told.

Cassie - Daughter of Helena Sandsmark and an unspoken of man from Helena's past. Cassie has asked before, but Helena has been short in providing details. Which is odd, consider their relationship. It's a mystery that's about to unfold whenever I become a writer or editor at DC Comics.

Achilles - Reborn via the heart of a god and the soul of the ancient hero as an entirely new being. Takes up the mantle of Warkiller in his battle for peace.

Fury - Powerful and formidable daughter of Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor from Earth Two, Lyta Trevor, with whom the Wonder family of Prime Earth are recently reconnected with. A founding member of Infinity Inc. and heiress to the throne of Themyscira.

Jason - Embittered, sometimes-ally of the Amazons after learning the true nature of his creation and birth.
    I would LOVE to see them back at the Pre-Flashpoint Origins..

-Cassandra being daughter of Zeus...
    -Diana being made out of Clay...

I like the idea of Cassandra having the possibility to be stronger than Diana when she gets older....
    I see Diana as Cassandras mentor and big sister...

I like the idea of Cassandra having the possibility to be stronger than Diana when she gets older....
    I see Diana as Cassandras mentor and big sister...
    I'm not fond of that. Diana needs to keep her place as most signifiant woman of her ilk. Equally powerful is fine (I like all Amazons with same powers, with skill as the differentiating factor). And making Diana a sister figure to Cassie makes Cassie too much like Donna for my taste. I like them to have different relationships and different interpersonal dynamics. Mentor, sure, but not sister. Maybe more like an aunt, a friend of her mother's. But in Cassie's mind, more a peer of Helena's than a peer of her own. At least until Cassie is grown, and gets on more equal footing with the adults in her life (mother included - I believe grown children and parents should regard each other as equals).
    Last edited by Tzigone; 09-02-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

When Zeus speaks with Cassie in Young Justice, he was established as his grandfather, but he seems to know pretty good Cassie's mother.

That makes me think Zeus could be maternal grandfather from Cassie in current continuity.

However, we still don't know enough about Cassie's origin.

I'm not fond of that. Diana needs to keep her place as most signifiant woman of her ilk. Equally powerful is fine (I like all Amazons with same powers, with skill as the differentiating factor). And making Diana a sister figure to Cassie makes Cassie too much like Donna for my taste. I like them to have different relationships and different interpersonal dynamics. Mentor, sure, but not sister. Maybe more like an aunt, a friend of her mother's. But in Cassie's mind, more a peer of Helena's than a peer of her own. At least until Cassie is grown, and gets on more equal footing with the adults in her life (mother included - I believe grown children and parents should regard each other as equals).
    Technically, Diana is Cassie's aunt in current continuity.

Mighty Member

She can be the most significant woman and Cassie being the most powerful.
    In the old Continuity it was quite logical that Cassie will outgrow Diana....We have actually never seen how powerful Cassie is, because she most of the time relied on the powers of others.

Not really. When others are most powerful than Diana they outshine her multiple times. Especially in her own book. Not really most powerfully when Jason was most powerful and most important in one arc. Diana is never the front show in rebirth right now. Why make her more powerful? We see that it doesn't go well. Just because Zeus is Cassie's father means really nothing when Diana has been on equal footings with the Gods before.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Not really. When others are most powerful than Diana they outshine her multiple times. Especially in her own book. Not really most powerfully when Jason was most powerful and most important in one arc. Diana is never the front show in rebirth right now. Why make her more powerful? We see that it doesn't go well. Just because Zeus is Cassie's father means really nothing when Diana has been on equal footings with the Gods before.
    Why wouldnt it go well?

I personally NEVER understood the reason of Diana being more powerful than Cassandra even Zeus is Cassies father and Diana is "only" made out of clay and gifted by the gods.
    I always liked the idea that Diana is her mentor and she is stronger than Cassie, because of her age and training.
    But with the years Cassandra should learn to tap in her own powers and then become stronger than Diana or equal to Diana, but with more powers.
    I LOVE the idea that Cassandra learns to throw lightnings and power herself up with the lightning.

In Johns TT Cassie learned how to tap in her own powers during the fight with Lycus.

Switch out Lennox for Jason or Hercules, as both are Diana's brothers. Done.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Technically, Diana is Cassie's aunt in current continuity.
    Not 100% sure...
    He could also be her FATHER...I mean in Pre-Flashpoint he lied already to her, because of her mother...

It would also explain why she has powers, while the NEW52 Cassie had their powers from the Armour.