Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77
  1. #46
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    13,516

    Juan678, he's THE MAN!!! If he can't do it NOBODY can!!!

    Mutants, Inhumans and Eternals

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Ross Mutants Inhumans and Eternals


    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  2. #47
    Incredible Member DarkMagnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Easy!

    Mutants: The Goth cool Kids.
    Inhumans: Boring
    Eternals: Who?

  3. #48
    Spectacular Member Fort Nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Mutants: Straight white folks's fantasy of what being oppressed could feel like
    Inhumans: Basically Dune but add more Kirby
    Eternals: Basically mythology but add more Kirby
    ===============
    If you can see this post, please read my Inhumans fan comic (yes, you read that right):
    https://imgur.com/a/Om7WoRv

  4. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Mutants: Straight white folks's fantasy of what being oppressed could feel like
    Inhumans: Basically Dune but add more Kirby
    Eternals: Basically mythology but add more Kirby
    I've always seen the inhumans as very Dune! Even though the David Lynch version didn't have the best reputation, it looks like what an inhumans movie would have been like aesthetically.

    I agree about the mutants. I love them for their characters and powers, but never felt they went through real life oppression. I think a lot of people feel this way especially since they hate the stories where they're being treated badly.

    The Eternals are a cool explanation of mythology and gods in the Marvel Universe.

  5. #50
    Spectacular Member Fort Nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I've always seen the inhumans as very Dune! Even though the David Lynch version didn't have the best reputation, it looks like what an inhumans movie would have been like aesthetically.

    I agree about the mutants. I love them for their characters and powers, but never felt they went through real life oppression. I think a lot of people feel this way especially since they hate the stories where they're being treated badly.

    The Eternals are a cool explanation of mythology and gods in the Marvel Universe.

    Here's a fun bit of trivia for you:
    Dune: published August 1965
    Fantastic Four #45 (first appearance of the Inhumans): December 1965
    ===============
    If you can see this post, please read my Inhumans fan comic (yes, you read that right):
    https://imgur.com/a/Om7WoRv

  6. #51
    Invincible Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    21,961

    Default



    clip oficial
    Last edited by juan678; 10-15-2021 at 10:50 AM.

  7. #52
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Eternals : Created by the Celestials. Only 100. Do not breed true. Ancient and powerful dedicated to the service of the Celestials mission what ever that may be.

    Inhumans: Descendants of humans experimented on by the Kree to unlock the genetic potential implanted by the Celestials. Usually require the Terrigen mists to activate their powers.

    Mutants: Humans who's Celestial potential has activated naturally. Can breed true.

    So Eternals protect the Celestial experiment, Inhumans are an alien attempt to take advantage of the experiment and Mutants are the experiment's results so far.

  8. #53
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    13,516

    Default

    Mutants: created by Jack KING Kirby in 1963
    Inhumans: created by Jack KING Kirby in 1965
    Eternals: created by Jack KING Kirby in 1976
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  9. #54
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    13,516

    Default

    Amazing Adventures #9 Nov 1971
    "...And the Madness of Magneto!"
    Gorgon, Karnak and Medusa continue to
    search for Black Bolt in the City by the Bay.
    However, the three inhumans are very tired and frustrated
    and thus susceptible to an attack by strange-looking creatures!

    Meanwhile, Black Bolt in civilian clothes

    is likewise ambushed by bizarre beings on the streets of San Francisco!
    Who is controlling these disfigured freaks? It's none other
    than the mutant Magneto...the Master of Magnetism!

    Are the Inhumans ready to battle the X-men's long-time foe?

    Script by Gerry Conway. Pencils by Mike Sekowsky. Inks by Bill Everett.
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  10. #55
    Mighty Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Littleredhat View Post
    Eternals : Created by the Celestials. Only 100. Do not breed true. Ancient and powerful dedicated to the service of the Celestials mission what ever that may be.

    Inhumans: Descendants of humans experimented on by the Kree to unlock the genetic potential implanted by the Celestials. Usually require the Terrigen mists to activate their powers.

    Mutants: Humans who's Celestial potential has activated naturally. Can breed true.

    So Eternals protect the Celestial experiment, Inhumans are an alien attempt to take advantage of the experiment and Mutants are the experiment's results so far.
    Very nice summary. Thank you for that.
    “The Scarlet Witch is the only thing that will scare them. It’s the only thing they’ll respect.” - Hope Summers, Avengers vs X-Men #7

  11. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Littleredhat View Post
    Eternals : Created by the Celestials. Only 100. Do not breed true. Ancient and powerful dedicated to the service of the Celestials mission what ever that may be.

    Inhumans: Descendants of humans experimented on by the Kree to unlock the genetic potential implanted by the Celestials. Usually require the Terrigen mists to activate their powers.

    Mutants: Humans who's Celestial potential has activated naturally. Can breed true.

    So Eternals protect the Celestial experiment, Inhumans are an alien attempt to take advantage of the experiment and Mutants are the experiment's results so far.
    The inhuman one has some errors:
    1. They always need Terrigen to awaken their powers/go through metamorphosis. I think they can use Prima Materia too.
    2. They aren't from humans, they're from proto-humans. They weren't from the same Host as the humans, but from a previous one I think.

  12. #57
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The inhuman one has some errors:
    1. They always need Terrigen to awaken their powers/go through metamorphosis. I think they can use Prima Materia too.
    2. They aren't from humans, they're from proto-humans. They weren't from the same Host as the humans, but from a previous one I think.
    Well both Ahura and Daisy have powers before going through Terrigenesis, but at least for Ahura I don't think his powers were fully developed.

  13. #58
    Astonishing Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,970

    Default

    This is the wonky part of it.

    For example the separate Bird people and/or other Inhuman colonies represent a fixed type of pheno/genetics and they're just born that way.

    Sort of like maybe part of their genetics includes something from the Alpha Primitives, which were a cloned type group?
    Since Alpha Prim's could mate with Inhumans (possibly others), perhaps in the distant past this happened with Inhumans displaying the Bird genes and this stablized their pheno type over time.

    Likewise with any other Inhumans that seem to have a distinct type/attributes. Does anyone know for sure that these sub-groups were/were not exposed to Terrigen also?

    And what could/has happened when exposed?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

  14. #59
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Da Souf
    Posts
    6,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Easy!

    Mutants: The Goth cool Kids.
    Inhumans: Boring
    Eternals: Who?
    lol Riiiight
    GrindrStone(D)

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Mutants: created by Jack KING Kirby in 1963
    Inhumans: created by Jack KING Kirby in 1965
    Eternals: created by Jack KING Kirby in 1976
    Also the same guy who came up with Darkseid and the New God stuff in DC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •