Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Juan678, he's THE MAN!!! If he can't do it NOBODY can!!!

Mutants, Inhumans and Eternals

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Ross Mutants Inhumans and Eternals

Easy!

Mutants: The Goth cool Kids.
    Inhumans: Boring
    Eternals: Who?

Mutants: Straight white folks's fantasy of what being oppressed could feel like
    Inhumans: Basically Dune but add more Kirby
    Eternals: Basically mythology but add more Kirby

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Mutants: Straight white folks's fantasy of what being oppressed could feel like
    Inhumans: Basically Dune but add more Kirby
    Eternals: Basically mythology but add more Kirby
    I've always seen the inhumans as very Dune! Even though the David Lynch version didn't have the best reputation, it looks like what an inhumans movie would have been like aesthetically.

I agree about the mutants. I love them for their characters and powers, but never felt they went through real life oppression. I think a lot of people feel this way especially since they hate the stories where they're being treated badly.

The Eternals are a cool explanation of mythology and gods in the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I've always seen the inhumans as very Dune! Even though the David Lynch version didn't have the best reputation, it looks like what an inhumans movie would have been like aesthetically.

I agree about the mutants. I love them for their characters and powers, but never felt they went through real life oppression. I think a lot of people feel this way especially since they hate the stories where they're being treated badly.

The Eternals are a cool explanation of mythology and gods in the Marvel Universe.

Here's a fun bit of trivia for you:
    Dune: published August 1965
    Fantastic Four #45 (first appearance of the Inhumans): December 1965

clip oficial
    Last edited by juan678; 10-15-2021 at 10:50 AM.

All-New Member

Eternals : Created by the Celestials. Only 100. Do not breed true. Ancient and powerful dedicated to the service of the Celestials mission what ever that may be.

Inhumans: Descendants of humans experimented on by the Kree to unlock the genetic potential implanted by the Celestials. Usually require the Terrigen mists to activate their powers.

Mutants: Humans who's Celestial potential has activated naturally. Can breed true.

So Eternals protect the Celestial experiment, Inhumans are an alien attempt to take advantage of the experiment and Mutants are the experiment's results so far.

BANNED

Mutants: created by Jack KING Kirby in 1963
    Inhumans: created by Jack KING Kirby in 1965
    Eternals: created by Jack KING Kirby in 1976

BANNED

Amazing Adventures #9 Nov 1971
    "...And the Madness of Magneto!"
    Gorgon, Karnak and Medusa continue to
    search for Black Bolt in the City by the Bay.
    However, the three inhumans are very tired and frustrated
    and thus susceptible to an attack by strange-looking creatures!

Meanwhile, Black Bolt in civilian clothes

is likewise ambushed by bizarre beings on the streets of San Francisco!
    Who is controlling these disfigured freaks? It's none other
    than the mutant Magneto...the Master of Magnetism!

Are the Inhumans ready to battle the X-men's long-time foe?

Script by Gerry Conway. Pencils by Mike Sekowsky. Inks by Bill Everett.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleredhat View Post
    Eternals : Created by the Celestials. Only 100. Do not breed true. Ancient and powerful dedicated to the service of the Celestials mission what ever that may be.

Inhumans: Descendants of humans experimented on by the Kree to unlock the genetic potential implanted by the Celestials. Usually require the Terrigen mists to activate their powers.

Mutants: Humans who's Celestial potential has activated naturally. Can breed true.

So Eternals protect the Celestial experiment, Inhumans are an alien attempt to take advantage of the experiment and Mutants are the experiment's results so far.
    Very nice summary. Thank you for that.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Littleredhat View Post

The inhuman one has some errors:
    1. They always need Terrigen to awaken their powers/go through metamorphosis. I think they can use Prima Materia too.
    2. They aren't from humans, they're from proto-humans. They weren't from the same Host as the humans, but from a previous one I think.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The inhuman one has some errors:
    1. They always need Terrigen to awaken their powers/go through metamorphosis. I think they can use Prima Materia too.
    2. They aren't from humans, they're from proto-humans. They weren't from the same Host as the humans, but from a previous one I think.
    Well both Ahura and Daisy have powers before going through Terrigenesis, but at least for Ahura I don't think his powers were fully developed.

This is the wonky part of it.

For example the separate Bird people and/or other Inhuman colonies represent a fixed type of pheno/genetics and they're just born that way.

Sort of like maybe part of their genetics includes something from the Alpha Primitives, which were a cloned type group?
    Since Alpha Prim's could mate with Inhumans (possibly others), perhaps in the distant past this happened with Inhumans displaying the Bird genes and this stablized their pheno type over time.

Likewise with any other Inhumans that seem to have a distinct type/attributes. Does anyone know for sure that these sub-groups were/were not exposed to Terrigen also?

And what could/has happened when exposed?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Easy!

Mutants: The Goth cool Kids.
    Inhumans: Boring
    Eternals: Who?
    lol Riiiight
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Mutants: created by Jack KING Kirby in 1963
    Inhumans: created by Jack KING Kirby in 1965
    Eternals: created by Jack KING Kirby in 1976
    Also the same guy who came up with Darkseid and the New God stuff in DC.