Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Default How could the A.X.E. event end today & how other events could've ended sooner?

No one likes "hero vs. hero" events because every story has a protagonist and an antagonist, and having someone who's classified as a hero be the antagonist of a story is contradictory, especially when the writer is bad and doesn't know how to make the reasoning compelling to at least justify the conflict.

Inhumans vs. X-Men could've ended on day one if Storm and Crystal had frozen the cloud and crystalized the Terrigen. End.

How could A.X.E. end today if they used characters wisely instead of ignoring someone's power to drag the story for a company event? How could've Civil War, Civil War 2, Avengers vs. X-Men, etc. have ended if they weren't forced to unnecessarily drag out these events for Marvel, but went about it better storywise?

IVX couldn't have ended that way, the terrigen was in the atmosphere. It needed purging, not freezing, and that's what the device Moon Girl and Forge built eventually did.

As for AXE, Sersi should've confided in the Avengers much sooner. They would've been able to warn the X-Men, who would've been able to defend Arakko instead of being caught unaware.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    No one likes "hero vs. hero" events because every story has a protagonist and an antagonist, and having someone who's classified as a hero be the antagonist of a story is contradictory, especially when the writer is bad and doesn't know how to make the reasoning compelling to at least justify the conflict.

Inhumans vs. X-Men could've ended on day one if Storm and Crystal had frozen the cloud and crystalized the Terrigen. End.

How could A.X.E. end today if they used characters wisely instead of ignoring someone's power to drag the story for a company event? How could've Civil War, Civil War 2, Avengers vs. X-Men, etc. have ended if they weren't forced to unnecessarily drag out these events for Marvel, but went about it better storywise?
    AXe could be ended today that the omega level precog on arrako council saw the attack coming. Latuca that knows where everything is could identify where the bomb in the machine that is earth. There could have beeen a telepathic relay to arrako and vice versa letting everyone know what was up or destiny could have called out to charles telepathically or jean ( i mean charles did gather all of Xandra from a galaxy away) and then from there it would just be a concentrated attack. iceman proably could drop the inside tempature of eternals to absolute zero. all of the telpaths could have done a circuit to completely shut off their minds. white sword could have been there constantly brining mutants back with no consequence and for good measure synch could synch with uranus and take out the lesser ones. Exodus should be able to telekinetically move every piece of them to dismantle. a lot of ways actually.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    synch could synch with uranus

Yes. Yes, I'm immature.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Avengers vs. X-Men could have been avoided if the Avengers weren't so hostile and let the X-Men take point on how to deal with the phoenix since they have the most experience. Steve and Scott are both strategists, they could have worked together instead of a superhero slugfest. It would have been more interesting to see them work together, Cap would respect Scott a little more, the event would strengthen bonds between the two teams instead of mutates and other superpowered people vs the x-men being the redhaired stepchildren of the Marvel Universe. I'm just a little tired of that.

I don't think Jean or Scott have ever been avengers. Which is a little odd.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

AXE could've ended if Ikaris and Sersi told Druig to piss off or went to the Avengers earlier for help against Thanos and the Machine's resurrection protocol.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Avengers vs. X-Men could have been avoided if the Avengers weren't so hostile and let the X-Men take point on how to deal with the phoenix since they have the most experience. Steve and Scott are both strategists, they could have worked together instead of a superhero slugfest. It would have been more interesting to see them work together, Cap would respect Scott a little more, the event would strengthen bonds between the two teams instead of mutates and other superpowered people vs the x-men being the redhaired stepchildren of the Marvel Universe. I'm just a little tired of that.

The problem with that is that Scott had no plan at all nor was he trying to stop it. This is when Cyclops was acting his most irrational and cult-ish. "The Phoenix is our savior and it will come to give everyone their powers back," despite the fact that there was no proof it was going to do that, it had never show the ability or desire to do anything like that before, and the only hint he even had that it was going to was some vaguely worded speech from Cable, who's been known to often be wrong and untrustworthy.

Nah. If Cap had stood back and let Cyclops handle it, the world would have burned.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    IVX couldn't have ended that way, the terrigen was in the atmosphere. It needed purging, not freezing, and that's what the device Moon Girl and Forge built eventually did.
    In one of her OP moments Crystal was shown to cleanse the air around Medusa's Earthly refuge in a several mile radius of all impurities and pollutants, in preparation for the birth of Ahura. Crystal with that power level could have similarly condensed the terrigen cloud out of the atmosphere into liquid, then crystallized evaporation of the water.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Hero vs Hero has been a part of the Marvel Universe since the beginning. These stories would be pretty boring / non-existent if things were solved immediately or 'wisely'. Misunderstanding between heroes is comic book trope for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post

Cap should have gone to the one mutant he's known forever, Namor, and tried to work something out. But he didn't try to trade on that "friendship" until it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The problem with that is that Scott had no plan at all nor was he trying to stop it. This is when Cyclops was acting his most irrational and cult-ish. "The Phoenix is our savior and it will come to give everyone their powers back," despite the fact that there was no proof it was going to do that, it had never show the ability or desire to do anything like that before, and the only hint he even had that it was going to was some vaguely worded speech from Cable, who's been known to often be wrong and untrustworthy.

Nah. If Cap had stood back and let Cyclops handle it, the world would have burned.
    If the Phoenix was such an threat, why was Cap participating in a tournament to win the Phoenix for himself? Or why is he perfectly fine with a non-mutant with zero experience with the Phoenix being on his team of Avengers now?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Cap should have gone to the one mutant he's known forever, Namor, and tried to work something out. But he didn't try to trade on that "friendship" until it was too late.
    It was kind of weird how all of a sudden Namor was considered an X character who was concerned about mutant issues when he'd never really cared about them before. His appreances in the X-books of the time always felt off to me.

If the Phoenix was such an threat, why was Cap participating in a tournament to win the Phoenix for himself? Or why is he perfectly fine with a non-mutant with zero experience with the Phoenix being on his team of Avengers now?
    All I can tell you is those are different stories. During AvsX, Phoneix was a huge threat, blowing up planets and destroying everything it came across. Afterwards ... not so much. I mean, normally Cap is cool with Thor, but if Thor showed up and started destroying everything he came across, they'd probabaly want to try to stop the guy.

(I'm honestly not sure, I haven't read any of the explanations/justifications for the Phoenix tournament or the new Phoenix.)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Except we know for a fact it wouldn't, the Phoenix did exactly what Scott said it would, the Avengers relied as their "expert" Wolverine,.who was well known to be petty and irrational both about the Phoenix and Cyclops, and they ignored Rachel,.who was a Phoenix host FOR YEARS without a.problem. Also, after Tony decided it was a great idea to shoot the Phoenix and created the P5, then the Avengers still decided to go to war with them and keep poking the bear even though they were helping the entire world, something Reed called them on. Avengers' behavior in AvX is them at their worst since the rape of Carol Danvers, there's a reason why nearly all the fans sided against them even though Marvel clearly wanted the opposite.

As for AXE, it's too soon for a HISHE (we just had a single number), but yes, it can be already ended if Druig, instead of going for snake plans, simply used his authority as the head honcho Eternal to summon the Celestials and warn that Earth has been overrun by Deviants. They come, and destroy all life on Earth except for a handful of survivors, problem solved. They did it once, they can do it again.

By the way... you asked for ways to end the story today, but you never clarify it had to be a happy ending!

You get wiz kid and have him join a conduit of powerful telepaths, they take over the machine that is earth and make it delete it's core programming and permanently shut itself and the eternals down.

Actually Wizkid/Synch/Hope got this. You have hope amplify everyone power, synch do his thing and amplify even more and both copy wiz kid power. it's over.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-22-2022 at 12:29 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You get wiz kid and have him join a conduit of powerful telepaths, they take over the machine that is earth and make it delete it's core programming and permanently shut itself and the eternals down.

Actually Wizkid/Synch/Hope got this. You have hope amplify everyone power, synch do his thing and amplify even more and both copy wiz kid power. it's over.
    Go ahead, do that and they'll get rid of the Eternals... and the magnetic field, the atmosphere, the current rotations speed, and so many other things we take for granted.