Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So, I think maybe regular humans (non- X gene) have the potential to 'mutate' (FF, SpiderMan, etc) having received a gene from thousands of years of Eternals mating with humans.

Therefore, X genes are the same result from thousands of years of Deviants breeding with humans.

Obviously there are (over thousands of years) many other interactions and variations.
    Now that would be more interesting to know about.
    There were only 100 eternals made, and I don't think they can pass their eternal gene if they have offspring. I'm not sure, but I don't think the 100 eternals mating with humans was common, if not rare.

I'm not sure if deviants and humans mated either. The writers retcon what they want though, so I'm sure this all has changed.

I look at it from the vastness of time.

Malestrom couldn't be the only/first Inhuman/Deviant pairing.

So let's say over thousands of years ago, some other pairing is born

but over even more time that person and/or their descendants could have wandered the world and mated with other humans or others coming from humanoid but also with histories of 'tweaks'.

Maybe Bird People's island has occasional throwbacks - born without wings. Do they just drop them over the edge of the floating place? Maybe some were given over to other human civilizations to be raised bu

they too still had those genes.

*this is my big big big point*. So many thousands of years , even longer,

have passed since the original experiments.
    These populations were never / always contained away from "people".

It is only logical that genetic mixing is far beyond what we can reason.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They technically made humans, eternals, and deviants. If they are truly humans, they shouldn't have deviant DNA, unless it's similar to what we found out about the inhumans, that there were inhumans who left on city and mixed with humans resulting in the inhuman gene pool to expand.

But then, are mutants just non-standard variants of any species, or are they specifically humans with the evolved X-Gene? It then goes back to what a deviant is. Are deviants the race created by the Celestials or any mutation of a species?

They have to tell us what causes the ability to mutate in the Marvel Universe since they brought the story of the Eternals for movie synergy. Once we know what that is, we'll know if human mutates are also the next targets for the Celestials after mutants. Which should be brought up.
    Well, the Deviants of Earth are the same core species as Inhumans and Humans. It's just a different form of Celestial tinkering.
    I look at it from the vastness of time.

Malestrom couldn't be the only/first Inhuman/Deviant pairing.

So let's say over thousands of years ago, some other pairing is born

but over even more time that person and/or their descendants could have wandered the world and mated with other humans or others coming from humanoid but also with histories of 'tweaks'.

Maybe Bird People's island has occasional throwbacks - born without wings. Do they just drop them over the edge of the floating place? Maybe some were given over to other human civilizations to be raised bu

they too still had those genes.

*this is my big big big point*. So many thousands of years , even longer,

have passed since the original experiments.
    These populations were never / always contained away from "people".

It is only logical that genetic mixing is far beyond what we can reason.
    Hmm the real question here: what was the goal of Celestial tinkering with Human DNA?
    Last edited by marhawkman; 06-23-2022 at 06:41 PM.

They technically made humans, eternals, and deviants. If they are truly humans, they shouldn't have deviant DNA, unless it's similar to what we found out about the inhumans, that there were inhumans who left on city and mixed with humans resulting in the inhuman gene pool to expand.

But then, are mutants just non-standard variants of any species, or are they specifically humans with the evolved X-Gene? It then goes back to what a deviant is. Are deviants the race created by the Celestials or any mutation of a species?

They have to tell us what causes the ability to mutate in the Marvel Universe since they brought the story of the Eternals for movie synergy. Once we know what that is, we'll know if human mutates are also the next targets for the Celestials after mutants. Which should be brought up.
    In Eternals they have revealed that all life on Earth has Celestial DNA, hence why they are able to develop superpowers.

However, these superbeings weren't able to breed true, since they became too mutated and went extinct.

The purpose of Deviants was to evolve into a species able to stabilize Celestial DNA and to breed true despite having it. The purpose of Eternals was to prune the failures, the Deviants who became too mutated, leaving these able to survive long enough to reproduce before becoming monsters.

What Celestials did basically was to modify people (the Deviants) so that their Celestial DNA would activate every generation, but also made them able to evolve faster, hoping to create a species able to get Celestial powers without being destroyed by them...

Deviants would interbreed with regular humans, passing them their evolved ability to resist excessve mutation, allowing the rise of stable superhumans.

It has been confirmed that all Mutants have Deviant DNA; the mutant ability to change and gain powers during puberty is sort of a safe, watered down version of the Deviant Flesh Change.

What I an not sure is, do Mutates like Hulk, the 4F, Firebird, Sandman, Spider-man... etc., have Deviant DNA too? Or are they just like these ancient Strange Lifeforms who had superpowers but were unable to breed true and went extinct?

The question is relevant because, if they don't have Deviant DNA, Mutates can't evolve into a new species on their own right, and the children or grandchildren of Hulk, She-Hulk, the 4F, Spiderman, Cloak and Dagger, Rhino, Sandman will eventually degenerate into monsters and go extinct...
    Last edited by Habis; 06-24-2022 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    In Eternals they have revealed that all life on Earth has Celestial DNA, hence why they are able to develop superpowers.

However, these superbeings weren't able to breed true, since they became too mutated and went extinct.

The purpose of Deviants was to evolve into a species able to stabilize Celestial DNA and to breed true despite having it. The purpose of Eternals was to prune the failures, the Deviants who became too mutated, leaving these able to survive long enough to reproduce before becoming monsters.

What Celestials did basically was to modify people (the Deviants) so that their Celestial DNA would activate every generation, but also made them able to evolve faster, hoping to create a species able to get Celestial powers without being destroyed by them...

Deviants would interbreed with regular humans, passing them their evolved ability to resist excessve mutation, allowing the rise of stable superhumans.

It has been confirmed that all Mutants have Deviant DNA; the mutant ability to change and gain powers during puberty is sort of a safe, watered down version of the Deviant Flesh Change.

What I an not sure is, do Mutates like Hulk, the 4F, Firebird, Sandman, Spider-man... etc., have Deviant DNA too? Or are they just like these ancient Strange Lifeforms who had superpowers but were unable to breed true and went extinct?

The question is relevant because, if they don't have Deviant DNA, Mutates can't evolve into a new species on their own right, and the children or grandchildren of Hulk, She-Hulk, the 4F, Spiderman, Cloak and Dagger, Rhino, Sandman will eventually degenerate into monsters and go extinct...
    The Eternals have also interbred with both humans and Deviants so a lot of mutates and mutants will have DNA from both races.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Habis raises some interesting considerations!

I've recently indicated that Franklin Richards is beyond mutants in some ways (his status is he is no longer a mutant, so this implies no deviant genes in his or his bloodline).
    So some members of the human tribe may have diluted Eternal genes and some Deviant

Possibly some have both,

It sorta turns on the head the idea (I think it is not valid/canon) that mutants and Inhuman genes cancel each other out

that doesn't appear to be totally true.

Also, mutants sensitivity in the extreme to Terrigen, also seems needing reworked.

All these genes come from the same source: Celestials.
    Maybe depending on the full strength of either DNA traces, certain deviant-genetic mutants can, or cannot interbreed with Inhumans, but seemingly all mutants are at risk.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

It sorta turns on the head the idea (I think it is not valid/canon) that mutants and Inhuman genes cancel each other ou.
    The way I see it:

All humans have Celestial DNA and can develop powers; the problem is, they become too monstrous over a few generations and die out...

Kree scientists solved that issue modifying Inhuman DNA so the would reset every generation, going back to unpowered individuals; they need a strong mutagenic, the Terrigen Mist, to mutate and get powers.

That way, the Kree avoided their Inhuman guinea pigs to accumulate too many mutations over the generations and going extinct: By resetting their mutations to zero every generation...

They also fortified their bodies so they could resist Terrigen-induced powers: Terrigen Mist empower everybody, but the powers they grant are lethal to non-Inhumans.

Now, if a mutant and a Inhuman have a baby together, the Inhuman genes "reset" their powers to zero like they do to to regular Inhuman children, so they won't ever develop powers naturally, but if you expose them to the Mists, they risk their latent mutant powers to go out out of control and killing them...

Fascinating. I love this concept. It can really explain a lot of all this.

Sounds like more than Celestial 'products', the Kree retooled for a better use - for them. A reset gene coding. Wow.
    ~ Oberon ~

BANNED

I should have this One-Shot but I don't recognize the cover. Geeze, now I have to start digging to make sure, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    The Eternals have also interbred with both humans and Deviants so a lot of mutates and mutants will have DNA from both races.
    Eternals cant have kids tho...or its eXXtremly difficult
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Eternals cant have kids tho...or its eXXtremly difficult
    The latter. Thena has had 3 hybrid children, 2 with Kor and 1 with a minor human.

They last appeared in Silent War. They weren't even brought up in War of Kings onwards. They even had a story of the avian inhumans. They might have been if the rug weren't pulled out from under them.

People ignore the fact that there is a lot of inhumans lore and characters and that the five aren't the inhumans, but the whole species is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    It was a manufactured event that didn't start or involve the x-men.
    Truth
    Yes. This.
    Once they got established in FF stories, they did become more known, back then, and always

seemed to present a coherent, stable society and culture of sorts.

They were, what mutants are now trying to be, so in the long run of the whole, crappy Inhumans are replacing Mutants stuff,

it's really the other way around.

Mutants are trying to create a culture/society, but Inhumans had one for THOUSANDS OF YEARS

and even if not represented as well throughout the Marvel's comic history,
    Hmmmm not sure how tho since the mutant stories have been in reg publication for decades, All Inhumans stories together? Maybe 8 years(?) idk. Kinda convenient to claim culture/society imitation when the VAST majority of the 'original' culture/society has never been seen or heard of.

They're most worthy of not being forgotten, altered, etc.[/B]
    Um, The inhumans whole thing is that they WANT to be left alone/forgotten and being altered literally the highest honor in their society. Not to be a jick but seems like an oversight Have you read a recent or past inhumans story?
    [QUOTE=mung;6138790]Not an intentional one but it was still treated as a major threat. Enough for them to leave the planet.
    There has to be intent when it comes to Genocide
    Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Woz did pop up in IvX. I wish they would use these pre-existing characters to give Attilan a more live feel. you can't have a city with just the royals.
    RIght I feel like the Terrigensis class we met in Jenkens Inhumans had a really strong story arc...Maaaaaybe an ongoing series wouldn't have worked, but I figured the next time major sh!t happen in the 616 involving Inhumans They'd be featured.
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

They were, what mutants are now trying to be, so in the long run of the whole, crappy Inhumans are replacing Mutants stuff, it's really the other way around.

Mutants are trying to create a culture/society, but Inhumans had one for THOUSANDS OF YEARS and even if not represented as well throughout the Marvel's comic history,

They're most worthy of not being forgotten, altered, etc.
    I think it's obvious that mutants have dropped what they were always intended to be written as and have become a mix of inhuman and eternal in many aspects.

It's hypocrite for people to criticize the inhumans for changing and having a few elements shared with X-Men, and not to criticize the X-Men when they live in an isolated city, hatch from pods, and even move to the moon, to name a few.

If they thought the inhumans weren't allowed to have a new story arc with a new status quo, why are they giving another IP a free pass, especially when it's blatantly copying from another. The Inhumans still had secret societies and kingdoms. You can't even recognize the X-Men after Hickman.

Especially since almost every time the inhumans had a story, it was to change their status quo. Like, they were in the Himalayas for the first 20 odd years of their comic publication before they went to the moon in the 80's, but people swear they're cosmic.

thanks for this.

If it is not apparent or doesn't matter, but I've read the FF and Marvel comics since the late '60s, so I'm there for nearly all of the INhumans appearances into the '80s. After that, I did trail off with their appearances and story line.
    But mostly know things from recaps, other sources.
    but it is canon their society has existed for thousands of years, unlike mutants, who as F D P points out, are now seeming to copy, repeat the same story beats.

We are talking fiction, comic book stories, but it should be more plausible that an ancient society has existed in this manner

then a group of however many coming together and saying "lets build a city/land/nation". The amount of infrastructure for coherent societies would take some time to build, no?

the idea of a society or group that wants to be "left alone" in these stories/fiction is

"conflict"/similar. A necessary part of plots.
    You're saying they should "self-deport" themselves from comic stories because of their

*premise* or conceit. And that just seems silly to me.
    ~ Oberon ~