Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Default Inhumans, Mutants, Eternals: Differences and Similarities

A lot of people have a difficult time understanding the differences between these three fictional species, and this ignorance has led to fear and hate (towards one species in particular). Excluding cultural and team affiliations, I've created a list of things they share and things that differentiate them so some people can understand them better as species.

Add whatever you'd like to contribute. If you want to add anything about deviants and Atlanteans (Homo mermanus), please do.

Similarities:
    - All come from the same ancestor
    - Are all species (homo immortalis, homo superior, inhomo supremis)
    - All are from Earth, not extraterrestrial, but are spacefaring (not including universal inhumans and Titanian eternals)
    - Ultimate Comics mutants, inhumans, and eternals were all "created"
    - Have created isolated communities away from humanity in some way during their history
    - Congregate amongst themselves usually
    - Some sort of superhuman abilities

Differences:
    - Raison d'être
    - Eternals are immortal
    - A set number of eternals were made
    - Inhumans are duplicates of alien species, and therefore have the appearance of an existing or extinct species in the galaxy
    - Mutants have developed their superhuman abilities overtime, the other two species were "manufactured"
    - (Ultimate comics mutants were made, like inhumans and eternals)
    - Inhumans have to activate their inhuman gene with a specific catalyst
    - Mutants' mutation catalysts are inside them
    - Eternals have a human appearance, mutants and inhumans may or may not

Last edited by Force de Phenix; 09-02-2019 at 05:46 AM.

This could be an interesting thread. I think most of your main ideas or premise are sound/accurate. I'll quibble slightly.

Inhumans do/can activate their genes' expression with the Terrigen mists or alternate, but all Inhumans are born Inhuman and some do have specific alterations already present, even from birth. Black Bolt as a literal newborn, destroyed part of Attilan in his baby screams. And of course there are sub-races of Inhumans, such as the Winged race and to a smaller degree the Centaur like Inhumans (possibly a family thing, but the former is a set genotype of Inhuman)

It has been retconned, or introduced that many Inhuman forms/types are specific examples of the KREE inserting, manipulating the Inhuman DNA to accompany human/type DNA. I'm not sure if I would say these Inhumans are 'duplicates' of Alien races, but definitely share the major characteristics.

Eternals being closely related to Deviants, rather than Inhumans for example, means they do have 'types' with non-human appearances. But yeah, generally Eternals all look human more or less, where Deviants, seldom do. I'm sure there were stories of specific children of these types, but don't remember specifically what appearances etc, they possessed.

It used to be considered that on average Inhumans were longer lived than normal humans, but not immortal. Maybe over 100 years while looking as young as they look more or less. I don't think this is referred to much these days.

*** inserts the Oberonfificant theory *** I strongly believe that Atlanteans and most other water dwelling humanoid races are also a stabilized sub gene type of Inhuman with possible genetic connections to a Deviant type (Deviants are strongly connected to Eternals, also an old '70s and somewhat later villain, Maelstrom, is half Inhuman and half Deviant and the implications are that it happened often or sometimes over the course of history)

BANNED

Way to go Oberon!!!

I will not be surprised to see your Oberonfificant theory applied to the Marvel Cinematic Universe...

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I will not be surprised to see your Oberonfificant theory applied to the Marvel Cinematic Universe...
    I forgot I wrote to this post. On other threads my 'theory' is debated but I suppose I should now consider that

it is more likely that an expression from deviant/eternal genes are involved with Atlanteans, rather than Inhuman genes.

Still, in the vastness of Marvel time it has to be considered that Inhuman genes of water types mixed with Atlantean genes and or others; Lemurian, or even back to Deviant races (well, I suppose the wealth of Deviant genes are already in Lemurians)

I anticipate a cool movie, no matter where it ends up. But I think it will be a game changer and a movie that weaves various tapestries together...
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The major commonality was that they were all created by way of alien interference with early or proto-humanity's natural evolutionary pathways, which also resulted in the potential for superpowers among so-called "baseline" humans that weren't already latent mutants or Inhumans. The Eternals were the godlike Celestials' first or prototypical attempt at tinkering with human evolution and as such all incredibly powerful and long-lived on a scale comparable to living gods, whereas the mutants, a later Celestial creation, were much more randomized by comparison, and the Inhumans were basically the Kree's attempt at weaponizing early or proto-human life. Granted, the Kree were an incredibly advanced alien race even back then, but nowhere near as advanced as the Celestials, who were essentially gods. At least, that was my understanding of the similarities and differences between mutants, Inhumans, and Eternals.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

These might help contribute to the conversation.

Mcu/Fox

Mutant

cyclops 1 manifestation of his power

Vs

Inhuman Daisy Johnson (inhuman transformation 2)

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Mcu/Fox

Mutant

cyclops 1 manifestation of his power

Vs

Inhuman Daisy Johnson (inhuman transformation 2)
    This is interesting. I suppose they'll give us a scene of how they made eternals. People do't realized that they're all very similar except for how their powers activated.

Inhumans have that whole thing with Terrigen giving them what they need or will need.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    This is interesting. I suppose they'll give us a scene of how they made eternals. People do't realized that they're all very similar except for how their powers activated.
    Really, it seems like the Kree Terregenesis experiments just unlocked the potential for mutation that humanity already had, even in individuals who would not normally have just become mutants at puberty. (Whereas non-mutant humans might still 'mutate' if bitten by a radioactive spider, exposed to gamma rays, or cosmic rays, or ionic energy, or a super-soldier formula, Power Broker treatment or whatever Magneto did to create the Savage Land Mutates, etc.)

The Atlanteans as a very specific branch of Inhuman/mutation makes sense, but Marvel has muddied the waters by having Atlantean mutants (including Namor himself!, but also figures like Crosta), which would be sort of 'double-dipping' if being an Atlantean was *already* a mutation... (Then again, it is possible to have 'secondary mutations' or even multiple not-entirely-related mutations, so perhaps this is possible as well? "I have an active X-gene on *both* chromosomes! I'm a double mutant! With a cherry on top!")

In 99997 no first Firmamentent/ no aspirant

Elders Universe/Celestials/Galactus Anticelestial/ Watcher

Celestials Earth X, appearing as beings of energy encased in armor composed of vibranium, a metal with properties that prevent their dissipation. They reproduce by planting a fragment of their essence in a planet, which matures into a new Celestial over the course of eons. As a form of protection of that growing Celestial, its "parents" would manipulate the DNA of a planet's dominant life form to gain super-abilities and unknowingly act as antibodies, protecting the planet until the Celestial is born. The cosmic entity Galactus opposes them, devouring planets that incubate Celestial "eggs" to prevent the Celestials from overpopulating the universe

Thanos is Half Skrull in 99997

Mepisto is Desvinant 3 Nivel

Celestials 9997 Earth 1) Demons/Deviant, 2 Eternos, 3 Humans (Mutants)/ Atlantes/Kree (inhumans) Vampires ? (virus)

4) Moon Tribu (no celestial) ----------------------------------------------- Kree Inhumans
    Last edited by juan678; 06-02-2021 at 07:05 PM.

BANNED

Lightbulb First Multiversal War Theory

Why The ETERNALS Didn’t Interfere with Thanos

Astonishing Member

Ya the Eternals hold a lot of energy, and can choose how to use it. So Makkari having superspeed is his choice, other Eternals can do this as well just choose not to. Inhumans have better physcial attributes compared to humans.

BANNED

This trailer does a good job depicting how members of the Eternal race choose to use their energy...