Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Doomsday Clock issue #11 Preview

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Pardon me for asking a stupid question. But, did clark create the earthquake with his foot step in the last panel?

Probably not. The preview shows quite of lot of destruction going on all over the place, and at least one superhuman battle in progress, so it could be a number of things.

But you're not wrong for associating it with Superman taking a step. That's likely very deliberate on Johns and Frank's part as a bit of clever literary and visual fanfare for Superman waking up even though it's likely not to be taken literally as him being the cause of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Probably not. The preview shows quite of lot of destruction going on all over the place, and at least one superhuman battle in progress, so it could be a number of things.

But you're not wrong for associating it with Superman taking a step. That's likely very deliberate on Johns and Frank's part as a bit of clever literary and visual fanfare for Superman waking up even though it's likely not to be taken literally as him being the cause of it.
    That panel felt very striking to me. Also, lol I remembered clark creating earth quake in all star superman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Spoilers are popping up on Reddit so steer clear if you want to go in clean. There's a big reveal in this week's Doomsday Clock that makes me think that a lot of plans changed behind the scenes when Bendis came onboard, and it doesn't start there. Think back retroactively to when Sanctuary was name dropped. This isn't entirely on Johns. This book is definitely getting delayed to rewrites and thus redrawing pages. Editorial couldn't keep their hands out of it to remain timeless. It had to tow the company line. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Spoilers are popping up on Reddit so steer clear if you want to go in clean. There's a big reveal in this week's Doomsday Clock that makes me think that a lot of plans changed behind the scenes when Bendis came onboard, and it doesn't start there. Think back retroactively to when Sanctuary was name dropped. This isn't entirely on Johns. This book is definitely getting delayed to rewrites and thus redrawing pages. Editorial couldn't keep their hands out of it to remain timeless. It had to tow the company line. What a shame.
    Thanks for the heads up. Does editorial nonsense affect the main story and the quality of it?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Does editorial nonsense affect the main story and the quality of it?
    I've only seen the one page, but it's damning and no way the idea that Geoff had so the start. I won't say more other than read the issue. I think it just went live on comixology so I'm giving it a go on there when I can.

I've only seen the one page, but it's damning and no way the idea that Geoff had so the start. I won't say more other than read the issue. I think it just went live on comixology so I'm giving it a go on there when I can.
    Man! Poor johns!! He had to rewrite the story. Poor clark and his legion!!! i believe, this the best time to say "didio and bendis strikes again".

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

can you list which you think are retcons? I can't think of one major one, but I only skimmed through the issue my first read.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    can you list which you think are retcons? I can't think of one major one, but I only skimmed through the issue my first read.
    Basically, superman's legion got erased because timeline changed.saturn girl got the infinity war spiderman treatment.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Well now we know what happened to retro Saturn Girl to connect to Bendis' Legion and I'm not happy about it.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

a big reveal in this week's Doomsday Clock that makes me think that a lot of plans changed behind the scenes when Bendis came onboard, and it doesn't start there. Think back retroactively to when Sanctuary was name dropped. This isn't entirely on Johns. This book is definitely getting delayed to rewrites and thus redrawing pages. Editorial couldn't keep their hands out of it to remain timeless. It had to tow the company line. What a shame.
    I don't know about this, man.

I mean, we've known for quite some time that the Legion was coming back in some form. We've also known the same about Shazam and the JSA, and of the three of those properties Shazam is the one that came back......and it's not pre-crisis nor pre-flashpoint.....it's still building off the new 52 continuity.....and it's written by Geoff "fans seem to think I'll wholesale bring back everything from pre-flashpoint" Johns.

Speaking of Shazam, that's getting delayed kind of often too, but that obviously has nothing to do with the Legion of Heroes in Crisis. It's damn near self contained.

We also know that apparently Gary Frank's art isn't the issue here, so no rewrites likely could've been large enough to actually shift the art. I'd be that what goes on with Saturn Girl was always supposed to go down.

Early on she even says that she's from the "30th century." That doesn't make her the Saturn Girl that's from Pre-flashpoint. That one was from the 31st century. The 30th century was used by Pre-crisis. And in this very story there's a major plot point that specifically plays into forgotten time lines like the 1960s/70s where Saturn Girl would be from.

Astonishing Member

There is zero evidence that Johns had to rewrite Doomsday Clock because Bendis and Didio basically forced him to do so. Geoff Johns doesn't need any external interference to get late with work these days.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Whether this was part the original plan or not, I'm just sick and tired of DC constantly throwing the Legion under the bus whenever stuff like this happen and I have no interest in Bendis' Legion whatsoever. All this began because DC didn't count on Paul Levitz refusing to retcon his Legion stories with Superboy after COIE and from there began a slow decline in sales of what was one of DC's premier titles that still managed to sell well during Marvel's dominance in the 70s and early 80s even outselling both Batman and Superman.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark