Default Your favorite Superman quotes

Not sure if there is a recent thread like this, but I'd like to know what are your favorite Superman quotes from all media.

I really liked from Superman Returns,

"You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior, but every day I hear people crying for one."

It shows his compassion and also how he sometimes feel the weight of the world on his shoulders.

I can't recall the whole thing, but you can probably youtube it - the world of cardboard speech when he lays the smack down on Darkseid in JLU.

Also the classic "This looks like a job for Superman!"

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

My favorite recalled bit from Man of Steel:
    "Let's put our cards on the table here, general. You're scared of me because you can't control me. You don't, and you never will. But that doesn't mean I'm your enemy."

It reminds me of that cool conference scene from Earth One, but short and sweet.

Of the old phrases I like "faster than you can say Jack Robinson" and "enough is too much!" My favorite exclamation is "fan-tastic!" I know it wasn't really normal to put a hyphen like that even back then, so it becomes funny and unique.

Not sure that stint of time where he would normally say "you talk too much!" when he'd been pushed to the point of having to stomp a mudhole. It's tricky trying to remember what he exactly said when. But here are some scenes.

What a great set up and full page. The time I think Morales nailed it like no other.

Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

Not an bad choice for my first post in this forum!

Here some of my favorite quotes!
    GLI87Jw.jpg

This looks like a job for Superman.

Up, Up and Away.

General, would you care to step outside?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    "You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior, but every day I hear people crying for one."
    Oh I forgot about that one. Yeah, that one is fan-tastic!

Some of the lines from MoS are great too.

I like the.....I forget exactly what the wording is......"there is right and wrong in this universe. And that distinction is not hard to make." I feel like this tells us so much about how Clark sees the world.

I'm also oddly fond of the "ha!" Morrison uses for Clark all the time. I think I just like characters having their own dialogue quirk, because I also like Batman's "hrnn" and Damian's "tt"
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Adventures of Superman #440:

“I wouldn’t muss my hair over the likes of you”

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Jon looks like the Great Forest Spirit when he got shot in the head.

I'm sort of surprised to find that there's not that many Superman quotes I'm in love with, but then again, well, he is a character defined first and foremost by Action.

I really like that in Man of Steel when he meets Lois, he describes his powers by saying "I can do things other people can't." So matter of fact, humble, even private. But even that line is defined by his surrounding actions. He saves her life, he holds her hand, he gives her an almost annoyed "are you done freaking out yet" look... And he doesn't sugarcoat the situation when he tells her what's going on, and in doing all these things, establishes trust.
    Last edited by Adekis; 09-18-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

"You should have seen the other guy" I love it!

The "Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us" quote is really great. One of his very best. Up there with Superman telling Regan she is stronger than she think she is in All Star Superman, imo.

I also love from Superman the Movie, "Who are you?" "A friend."

The way he says it is just perfect. That's who Superman is to us, a friend.

I don't remember a great quote said by Cavill in his DC movies..