Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
After having read it I can honestly say it really does look like there was some larger plan for Saturn Girl that is off the table now. I just can't bring myself to care about mainstream DC continuity anymore. It's obvious that there is no grand plan here. It's just whatever editorial whims Didio and company come up with at the last minute. We're now three years out from Rebirth with very little to show for it. No JSA, No Legion, Wally is a pariah. We still have no idea what Superman's origin is except that apparently the Legion doesn't play a part in it. If this was originally meant to be some sort of lead in to some sort of COIE type event, it doesn't look like it's going to be that now. My guess is, everything is being sidelined in regards to Superman for whatever Bendis wants. And don't get me wrong, I didn't like Johns' origin. But this "throw everything out for the new guy in hopes he has something better lined up" doesn't strike me as the way to run a shop. If there is some sort of Crisis type event in the works, it looks like it will make it's way in through JL rather than this. This looks more like it will be more of a HIC type of thing. A big event with no real payoff in the grand scheme of things.
I felt the same way back in 2016. After Darkseid War wrapped and before Rebirth (with the Watchmen) started. Between DC's Rebirth and Marvel ending ANAD, and bringing in Marvel NOW 2.0. I was done. TPTB are telling high priced fanfiction, rather than actual stories with these decades old IPs. I hold my own canon and what is important to the properties now.