Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wow. I had no idea he was ill, but had noticed his absence lately. A wonderful poster, mod, and all around good guy - he'll be greatly missed!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

RIP, really sad to hear about this. Really saddening.

So I tried to articulate a sentiment here earlier, worded it very poorly, and it came off sounding like an accusation that was absolutely not intended.

I'm going to try again.

Captain Jim means a lot to me, and he means a lot to this community. Having given a decade and a half of service to this community, there are few here more worthy than he of some kind of special recognition. I know CBR's heart is in the right place, appreciate this thread being created, and Jonah's touching post as well, but it's my hope that you'll consider doing something more for him, too. Maybe even just a memorial on the main CBR page for a day.

I said this part before, and it came off wrong, so I hope I'm saying it better here: Jim gave more to this community than most of us combined. By going above and beyond to respect his memory, it shows respect for all members who give of their time and hearts here.

I hope you'll consider giving Jim the send-off he so richly deserves.

Thanks.

Goodbye Captain
    We will miss you
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Jim was the nicest guy. Kept the peace around the forums, as best as could be hoped for. He will be missed.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

There's a name I'll miss seeing around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Jim Zimmerman, better known to CBR at large as Captain Jim, recently passed on. He had been quite ill, and his condition in the last few weeks was precarious, but he had been optimistic about his chances. Sadly, more time on this earth was not to be. I'm sorry about being a little vague on the details, but that's all I can give you for the time being.

Mr. Zimmerman was a longtime member of CBR. His membership dated back to the 1990's. Many here will recall him as the equally longstanding moderator of the Batman forum, and for a time, the CrossGen board as well. Jim's dedication to his board, to the community at large and to the moderating team was outstanding. From the beginning of his time here to the end, Jim was friendly, straight-forward and an ever-reliable source of good will and common sense.

We are going to miss Jim something awful. May he rest in peace.

~~Gordon
    Best damn moderator here and a pretty decent guy R.I.P

I enjoyed working with Jim when we both were part of the mod staff. He was a great guy and a valued member of the CBR community.

My condolences to his friends and family.

RIP Jim. We'll miss you on here!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-06-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

This is truly sad news. I've only been on this forum for around three years but Capt. Jim was someone who I had a great deal of respect for. He was a great guy and a very knowledgeable fan. I really learned a lot from him about comics and about Batman. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of his friends and family.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I haven't happened to talk to Captain Jim in several years. Now I really wish I had. He was a warm and kind person.

Truly sad news.

R.I.P
    The J-man

BANNED

Very sad. He was a really great guy and will obviously be very missed.

It's kinda sad looking at the forum listings and not seeing him as moderator for the Batman section anymore.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Wow I am sad and shocked by this news, we were not that close but we had talked a few times just around the Bat Boards. He will be very missed and my heart goes out to his family and friends. This forum is like a family and he will be missed. I now understand why all the profile pics have been changed.

Good bye Jim, you will be missed!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!