Spectacular Member

Default The Wolverine page in MARVEL 1000 was absolute genius!!

Did anyone read Marvel 1000, if not SPOILERS are coming!

Roy Thomas wrote an artistic masterpiece on the creation of Wolverine and told the whole story in just five panels!

The silhouettes of the directors backstage are the creators of Wolverine and what they brought to the character. The first panel is Roy Thomas, who came up with the whole Wolverine concept, the second panel is John Romita Sr. who designed the character, and the 3rd panel is Len Wein who wrote the story and gave Wolverine his voice. And then in the 4th panel, the co-creators say in unison " Okay Herb --open the curtain", which is a shout out to Herb Trimpe who drew the issue.

Roy Thomas is a genius writer! No wonder Stan Lee trusted him to take over the throne of Marvel after him.

wolverine-origin.jpg

That's amazing!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post
    Did anyone read Marvel 1000, if not SPOILERS are coming!

Roy Thomas wrote an artistic masterpiece on the creation of Wolverine and told the whole story in just five panels!

The silhouettes of the directors backstage are the creators of Wolverine and what they brought to the character. The first panel is Roy Thomas, who came up with the whole Wolverine concept, the second panel is John Romita Sr. who designed the character, and the 3rd panel is Len Wein who wrote the story and gave Wolverine his voice. And then in the 4th panel, the co-creators say in unison " Okay Herb --open the curtain", which is a shout out to Herb Trimpe who drew the issue.

Roy Thomas is a genius writer! No wonder Stan Lee trusted him to take over the throne of Marvel after him.

wolverine-origin.jpg
    This is just perfect.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

This is why Roy Thomas is such a genius writer. In the simplicity of this, he gives props to the entire deep history of the character without distracting from the overall pacing of the story. And the funny thing is, most people didn't even recognize it (did you?)! Roy's actually telling TWO stories in ONE and doing it in only FIVE panels!!! It's incredible!! If you ask me, this page should be taught in creative writing courses in college.

Don’t want to get carried away posting full pages (and I’m too lazy) but the Storm one by Eve L. Ewing and Jen Bartel actually makes me tear up. The X-23/Gabby one from Tom Taylor and Juann Cabal also comes close.

And the Claremont / Larroca one is great because you can tell it’s the Claremont one from the top/leftmost 1% of the page alone.

Spectacular Member

Gerry Conway page is great too.