Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel joins Shonen Jump Plus

Six new Marvel manga stories coming in Shonen Jump +. Yu-Gi-Oh's creator Kazuki Takahashi is doing the first one.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...a-shonen-jump/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was kinda hoping something like White Fox or Sword Master: new characters created for the japanese public. But no, it's the same boring guys as usual.
    Since japanese people are also fan of MUH national representation, I hope they'll at least squeeze Surge or Armor in those stories, like they already did in the Marvel anime.

I wonder if Horikoshi can spare some time for a new Marvel ullustration.

Oh, and the X-Men are already in Jump +:
    xm.jpg
    Last edited by mugiwara; 09-02-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I want Iron Man doing like 40 Special Summons into 5 Link Summons into a Synchro and an Xyz that all get destroyed so that on Turn 3 he can topdeck and do a Fusion for a OTKO.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The most important thing is that when asked which japanese characters he'd want at Marvel, Yoshida-san replied "Gatchaman"
    Good choice!

And the mangaka he'd want is Takehiko Inoue (Slam Dunk, Real, Vagabond)

Give me Gatchaman vs Champions right now!

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The most important thing is that when asked which japanese characters he'd want at Marvel, Yoshida-san replied "Gatchaman"
    Good choice!
    holy **** cebulski-sama has divine taste
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Gatchaman could be fun. They could even replace the Big Hero 6, since Marvel's effectively ceded those characters to Disney. Come to think of it, there was a live-action film adaptation of Gatchaman relatively recently that might not be too out of place in a live-action Marvel series or film.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah that's a lot of male characters alright. Maybe Wasp is included in these stories since both Avengers animes only featured her as the main female character so I guess there is some interest in her there idk
    Last edited by Captain M; 09-03-2019 at 02:11 AM.

Amazing Member

I think that Kamala has a lot of chances more to appear, she has a lot of magical girl appeal and was almost a main character at some point in Future Avengers.

I will love to see a full female team published in Kirara that could be pretty amusing.

If i could say something weird i will love to see someone of going full traditional japanesse sorcery and pshychological horror with Nico Minoru. Omyoudo, folklore, youkais, supernatural threats coming from society stress, going with a very detailed use of kanjis, etymology and folklore to do magic. Something among the lines of Mouryou no Hako, Mononoke the medicine seller, XXX holic, Boogiepop, Mushishi or Kitaro.

Nobody is talking about Spider-man Fake Red? It's actually pretty good and respect a lot of Spiderman core ideas despite not having Peter as main character.

Amazing Member

The list from the authors, other than Takahashi i only remember the lady justice one that was very a short lived superhero-fanservice series in jump, it was pretty meh, Gamma is still the best spicy super-hero manga out there. I have read very good things from the emperor penguin one.

1. SE livedCRETVERSE by Takahashi Kazuki (Yu-Gi-Oh!).
    2. Kyaguriru by Mizuno Hachi (Akuten Wars).
    3. Hero Interview by Ogino Ken (Lady Justice).
    4. SAMURAI by Kasama Sanshirou & Uesugi Hikari (Tsugihagi Quest).
    5. Halloween Avengers by matomato (Emperor to Issho).
    6. Ant-Man+ by Haneda Toyotaka (Vocchi-men).

Quote Originally Posted by mike2112 View Post
    I think that Kamala has a lot of chances more to appear, she has a lot of magical girl appeal and was almost a main character at some point in Future Avengers.
    Especially now she has that new costume - she has an actual transformation sequence now, whereas before, she used to have to hide to get changed, or strip off street clothes she was wearing over her costume.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Are these going to be translated or released in English officially?

Or are these going to be like the Avengers anime's and never get an official American release?

It's Shonen Jump. Their stuff usually gets translated, doesn't it?

And the Future Avengers are about to show up in US comics (in the Future Fight Firsts one-shots that showcase the Korean Agents of Atlas members). So don't be surprised if they finally announce it's official US release at NYCC. It could serve as a straight up replacement for the Avengers Assemble cartoon.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-02-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    By Viz, yeah. Not sure what the plan is here.
    And the Future Avengers are about to show up in US comics (in the Future Fight Firsts one-shots that showcase the Korean Agents of Atlas members). So don't be surprised if they finally announce it's official US release at NYCC.
    They're still sitting on Disk Wars after several years. I don't have super high expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shonen Jump +

Which probably means they will be pre-published on digital only, and not in the Shonen Jump magazine.
    Most of those series are not as popular as those from the mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    By Viz, yeah. Not sure what the plan is here.

They're still sitting on Disk Wars after several years. I don't have super high expectations.
    I can see that ending up on Disney+. It's already dubbed after all.