Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I was very sad to hear this news. Rest in Peace, Captain Jim.

Incredible Member

Always enjoyed his comments. He was a great moderator. May God help the family during this difficult time.

Aw, man.

I didn't catch sight of this thread.

The guy was basically the most knowledgeable Bat-poster here.

That's a little bit of why I'm annoyed about the forum reboot. All of his posts and the discussions he was involved with are gone.

RIP and condolences to his family.

I didn't know him too long, or too well, but a sad departure nonetheless. His encyclopedic knowledge of Batman, and friendly personality shall be heavily missed.

Rest in peace, Captain Jim, and may your family keep strong in this saddest of times.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

R.I.P. Cap

Always sad to lose a member of the CBR community.

Heartbreaking news. Captain Jim was gold among men. I remember creating a thread on my first day here on CBR and he was the first to reply. He was an amazing moderator and an even more amazing human being. My condolences to his friends and family.
    "Batman couldn't make it. Sunshine depresses him." - Tim Drake.

RIP to a man worthy of the title "Captain."

Ah damn, really sorry to hear that. RIP.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

BANNED

Oh my...Rip to a good man and a good comic fan.

BANNED

Always a gentleman, miss you, Captain Jim.

I joined this forum, because I had been turned on to Batwoman. Like Jim, I was well versed in the comics from the '60s and read many of both DC and Marvel.

But I joined this forum because after years of not reading DC (Crisis was my breaking point; destroyed my favorite characters), Batwoman brought me home. Jim was the first person who welcomed me and we found we had a number of things in common, besides our relative ages (I'm about 5 years younger) and Midwest lifestyles (I live near Detroit, he was in Ohio).

He will so be missed. He took the time to be patient with me when I grumbled about various things in DC that I didn't like. He encourage me to read the new 52 and I mostly favored a number of Bat titles, with Batwoman being my favorite.

Eventually I stopped all those titles, except Batwoman, and I was pleased that he began to enjoy it again, after leaving it for a while.

I am known on some of the Marvel blogs; Namor, Uncanny Avengers, FF, etc. But I always remember Jim and am saddened by this loss. I too am a minister and so extend my own blessings to him, his family and to all his many friends here at CBR.

He's a classy act (my beliefs are that somewhere, he is still around) and will be missed forever.