Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

He was always someone I enjoyed exchanging posts with.

A nice guy, and an educated fan.

Let this be a reminder to us all to treat each other with more kindness here.

Life's too short, and our time together very brief.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Damn I'm sorry to hear about this.

The handful of times I talked to him, Jim was always so helpful and kind. I noticed such was his consistent pattern as both a poster and a moderator.

The community is poorer for his passing. RIP, Great Captain and thanks for the sunshine your words and knowledge contributed.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

BANNED

Great poster and mod. He was one of the more older posters I knew of on this forum, and as such it was always pretty interesting hearing him talk about comics over the decades. Rest in peace.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

We talked a few times around this forum, we were not close, but I am truly sad that he is gone. CBR is like a family and he will be missed.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Sad news. RIP Captain Jim.

Amazing Member

Oh bummer. RIP Captain Jim.

RIP Cap Jim

BANNED

Damn. While internet communities always feel half-real to me in a way, I find it awesome that this man is getting a eulogy in a place where he was truly loved. RIP Jim.

Wow didn't know it. He was a good guy on here. Rest in peace.

I didn't know him save for a few posts I may have read here or there over the several years I've been here, and I certainly can't recall any of them to mind, but he seemed pretty nice and respectable from what little I think I can recollect and contribute to him, and it's obvious how much of an impact he had on many here. This board will likely seem a little less without his presence. RIP.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Hey guys, just to let you know, Captain Jim, long-time moderator of the Batman forum has passed away. A memorial thread has been posted in his honor on the CBR Community Forum. Jim was a good guy and a great moderator. This sad day came all too soon. My condolences to each and every one of you.

~~Gordon
    Goodness gracious! I can't believe I just caught on to this. This is very, very sad news. I honestly hope that someone sends a card or a bouquet of flowers on behalf of the CBR community to his family. Thanks for letting us know though. Wow.

As I said to the other Mods when reading this news. He was one of our best and he will be missed. My thoughts are with his family in their time of grief.

Incredible Member

R.I.P. Captain Jim.even before I started posting here officially the first time, I remember always reading and rereading his post because I felt he had something about him that commanded respect and want knowledge. He was a poster whose posts that I always enjoyed looking for and reading because he knew what he was talking about. I only had two real interactions/conversations on the forums with him but they were something that made me enjoy posting here. I'm sorry I didn't talk to him more. He was a good man and he defined what the Batman forums was to me.
    My condolences to his friends and family.

Spectacular Member

Sorry to here this.. I used to post on the old cbr boards as "Clouds" and I remember captain jim moderating and posting and replying to my and other peoples questions on the boards regulary.. R.I.P Captain Jim.....