Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Incredible Member

BC suggested it may have been down to DC having already greenlit a very similar series by Michael Davis and a possible lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by gracaquiles View Post
    What matters is it’s dumb. It was dumb when they did it with Dick and Gordon and it’s dumb if they do it this time. Just stop with the damn gimmicks.
    I haven't read "Superheavy" yet, but some of my favorite Batman stories feature Dick in the batsuit. Dick and Gordon have been around almost as long as Bruce, have many fans, and have earned their time in the spotlight. Luke Fox, on the other hand, is a virtual unknown, arguably superfluous, and linked in my mind with DC's present war on classic characters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnpeelgothisgun View Post
    I haven't read "Superheavy" yet, but some of my favorite Batman stories feature Dick in the batsuit. Dick and Gordon have been around almost as long as Bruce, have many fans, and have earned their time in the spotlight. Luke Fox, on the other hand, is a virtual unknown
    Only in your head.

It'd be kind of funny if they make Luke Batman in the comics while other media start pushing him more as Batwing .

I don't have a problem with a black Batman, or any other color. But the way its being done. And honestly, this goes for the entire line, not just the Bat Family.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Only in your head.
    Compared to Dick Grayson and Gordon, he very much is an out of left field unknown.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'd be kind of funny if they make Luke Batman in the comics while other media start pushing him more as Batwing .
    Other media's always kinda late. It took them, what, 5-6 years to introduce Damian in animation? After he died.

iunno I can see them putting Luke in the cowl ok in the CW verse sooner rather than later; depending on how soon his turn as Batman happens. it usually takes CW like 2 or 3 seasons to graduate their side characters to heroes, if Luke becomes Batman by next year and makes a decent wave I can see them putting him in the suit or hinting toward it by the following season. other than that, and maaaaaybe Young Justice, I can see DC keeping Luke more as Batwing and keeping Bruce Wayne as Batman in other animated stuff. if only to not frighten people who aren't acclimated to the change while capitalizing on new Luke story potential if his turn on Batman is received well enough to make headlines.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    iunno I can see them putting Luke in the cowl ok in the CW verse sooner rather than later; depending on how soon his turn as Batman happens. it usually takes CW like 2 or 3 seasons to graduate their side characters to heroes, if Luke becomes Batman by next year and makes a decent wave I can see them putting him in the suit or hinting toward it by the following season. other than that, and maaaaaybe Young Justice, I can see DC keeping Luke more as Batwing and keeping Bruce Wayne as Batman in other animated stuff. if only to not frighten people who aren't acclimated to the change while capitalizing on new Luke story potential if his turn on Batman is received well enough to make headlines.
    Oh, Luke is definitely going to become Batwing on the TV show. The tech support becoming a Superhero or getting a costume is too ingrained into the Arrowverse shows for it not to happen.

I don't see them making him Batman if only because I don't see that being handled well at all when the show is called "Batwoman" and Kate already treats Luke like tech support she only mildly tolerates.

As far as Young Justice? I would assume they'll probably introduce him as Batwing first if they get to him at all (and might look exactly like he did in Bad Blood if Bourassa doesn't feel like redesigning him again). Maybe he'll become Batman if Weisman and Co. don't want to do the obvious of Dick finally becoming Batman, but then who ends up being the Batman to Damian's Robin?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Luke as Batman could be intresting, but are we going to then have David come back as Batwing?

Extraordinary Member

I don't see them making him Batman if only because I don't see that being handled well at all when the show is called "Batwoman" and Kate already treats Luke like tech support she only mildly tolerates.
    I doubt that we will ever see him as batman in other Media. The 5G thing will last for one or two years and then the cowl goes back to Bruce and Luke goes back to being Batwing, and unless Luke as Batman becomes a mega hit I doubt that they will bring it into other media, Bruce is simply to iconic for that to happen.

I may have already said that, but for me, retiring Bruce as Batman for at least several years would do good to the franchise. I find that after Tom King's run, this character has become extremely toxic for its own brand and is also diluting others at DC. Writers also seems unable to push new, bold stories with him which don't revolve around how miserable he is and yet keep making him ever more toxic to his allies and family.

In that regard, King's run was obviously the worst but he's far from the only one. Snyder's over the top approach actually allow it to move quickly beyond that, and his Bruce has some real redeeming qualities, but he won't come back to the character and I feel that other writers struggle more and more with him.

A brand new Bat on the main ongoing could help a lot.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Luke as Batman could be interesting, but are we going to then have David come back as Batwing?
    I don't think DC even remember David

Lore-wise, he quits because he said Congo requires a different type of solution than a Batman, so I don't think he wants to be a superhero.

Luke's time as Batman may not get adapted right away or it might get remixed in with his time as Batwing.

The animated movies are more likely than live action but you never know.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-26-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Luke's time as Batman may not get adapted right away or it might get remixed in with his time as Batwing.

The animated movies are more likely than live action but you never know.
    Don’t know why you’d want to see the animated movies use Luke. They did a terrible job adapting Dick’s turn as Batman, I doubt they’d treat Luke any better.