Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Well, I’m kind of on board with this, because it shakes up the status who a bit; I’m just not sure why DC is doing this, or if all the heroes will be affected.
    The main Justice League members will, according to the article.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Well, I’m kind of on board with this, because it shakes up the status who a bit; I’m just not sure why DC is doing this, or if all the heroes will be affected.
    Expect a barbie and friends level of diversity

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Rich claims this all part of the upcoming “5G” initiative and that the other heroes will also get replaced with Jon replacing Superman for example. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...dc-comics-5gt/
    That sounds awful. Rather than phase in new or newish characters and concepts slowly they are going for a whiplash-inducing sea change. There is no way this will succeed, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Marvel did something similar, you can get some good stories out of this, but there is no way it would last.

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Marvel did something similar, you can get some good stories out of this, but there is no way it would last.
    Good stories, although sales-wise Marvel only found a few successes.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

So this looks like DC's version of Falcon Cap, Jane- Thor and Ironheart is what you are saying

Yup, thats exactly what this is. The more I think about it, the more I hate the whole thing.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Yup, thats exactly what this is. The more I think about it, the more I hate the whole thing.
    I can see possibilities here but Marvel didn't have the storytellers to pull it off and DC Rebirth became stale too soon. So yay new direction.

I wonder if these new replacement heroes aren't going to be set in the future in new titles while the familiar JLA heroes will continue in their current titles.

Me too! I hate this 5G plan!
    I'm mainly a classic reader with my favorites being Batman, Superman, and Hal Jordan GL.

DC just keeps adding more nails to it's coffin. I spend $200 - $300 each month between Marvel and DC. They are definitely working overtime to permanently push me away.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Amazing Member

I'm indifferent because it's just temporary. Just like it was temporary when Jean Paul Valley took over, Dick Grayson took over(twice) and Jim Gordon. Bruce will be back in a year or less. Just away to drum up hype and publicity. Just create a original, interesting black character or expand an existing black character like Mr
    Terrific, Black Lightning, etc.

Handing the cowl over to someone that hasn't been in the comics since Rebirth Detective ended (and barely has any direct connections to Bruce anyway), Jon Kent being artificially aged up (TWICE!) and pissing off all of his fans to replace his dad, and apparently a rando newcomer in Wonder Woman to take over that title?

Even for making a successor League, DC is doing it in about the worst way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcomicnerd View Post
    I'm indifferent because it's just temporary. Just like it was temporary when Jean Paul Valley took over, Dick Grayson took over(twice) and Jim Gordon. Bruce will be back in a year or less. Just away to drum up hype and publicity. Just create a original, interesting black character or expand an existing black character like Mr
    Terrific, Black Lightning, etc
    That's right! People think I'm racist because I don't want a Black Batman, (per another board). I want Bruce Wayne Batman. Quit changing what's already there and sells well.
    I like John Stewart and Jessica Cruz, both minorities and will buy anything with them in it. I will support the actual character if I like their stories.
    Create all the new Black characters you want, male and female, fine with me. If the story draws me to them, sure I will buy and give it a chance.
    Just quit messing with the originals, please.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Changing the race of a character from white to black is getting too cliche. Why not an Asian Batman? Or a Hispanic? Native American. Indian. Go nuts and make him Inuit. At least Aquaman was Hawaiian and Wonder Woman an Israeli.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    That's right! People think I'm racist because I don't want a Black Batman, (per another board). I want Bruce Wayne Batman. Quit changing what's already there and sells well.
    I like John Stewart and Jessica Cruz, both minorities and will buy anything with them in it. I will support the actual character if I like their stories.
    Create all the new Black characters you want, male and female, fine with me. If the story draws me to them, sure I will buy and give it a chance.
    Just quit messing with the originals, please.
    I'm black and I dont want a black batman, esp Luke who has been MIA all this time
    I barely like duke living in the manor