Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It is a different situation with Terry because it’s an AU.
    It is. But it's still an example of someone who I enioy as Batman over Bruce. If Terry ever became canon, you wouldn't hear me complaining xD

BANNED

Please not Duke.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

bleeding cool says it will be luke fox, and it will be a batman beyond type of paternship with Bruce mentoring Luke https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...h-bruce-wayne/

Mighty Member

Bruce is one and only true Batman. No matter who else wears the cowl, no matter how long they wear it they will never be the real Batman. All these other "pretender" Batmen just need to stick with their own identities. I always been one who believes that there should be no other Batman, the concept was born with Bruce ot should die with him, when Bruce is gone so to should Batman. Besides Bruce has never indicated that he wants a successor and I don't think he sees the Batman identity as a mantle to be handed down. If anything he would want everyone to choose their own path. Knowing him he probably has plans to seal up the cave after he's gone. I also agree that this trend of separating Bruce from the cowl and giving it to someone else although temporary is tiresome. Just leave Bruce alone to be Batman please.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    bleeding cool says it will be luke fox, and it will be a batman beyond type of paternship with Bruce mentoring Luke https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...h-bruce-wayne/
    If it's true, at least it's not totally random, since Luke Fox has been an important member of the Gotham Knights during Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Luke Fox is completely forgettable as a character. He is less interesting as the guy he replaced as Batwing.

Also did that article basically confirm Bendis is writing Batman after King?

Zavimbe was a better Batwing and Tam was a more interesting kid of Lucius.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

As a Black man this feels like a cheap gimmick that is a weak attempt to Miles Morales/Riri Williams a character without clear planing, Spider Man & Iron Man don’t have the same type of Legacy characters as Batman. The Batman movie is coming out with a young Bruce Wayne. I would rather they bring in Calvin Ellis and rename him Hyper Man or use Ultra Man etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    As a Black man this feels like a cheap gimmick that is a weak attempt to Miles Morales/Riri Williams a character without clear planing, Spider Man & Iron Man don’t have the same type of Legacy characters as Batman. The Batman movie is coming out with a young Bruce Wayne. I would rather they bring in Calvin Ellis and rename him Hyper Man or use Ultra Man etc.
    Or give Icon a movie if the film rights for Milestone characters clear up.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I hope this doesn’t require another derailment Of Dick Graysons life so there is a reason he won’t step in.

If I'm reading this correctly, they want "a black man" to replace bruce. They just need to figure which one they'll pick? They have arguably the best family of characters in comics, and of all the characters they are gonna go with a bland character (fox, duke), or create someone new only to have person of color as Batman? Not to mention this is like third "someone else is batman" story in the past decade or so.
    Hard pass
    Last edited by bat1987; 09-03-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    “Genuine attempts at diversity” still won’t result in anything good. That just puts the color before the character. It also shouldn’t matter what skin color the person writing characters is. Like I want Bryan Edward Hill on Batman not because he’s black but because he’s a really good writer.
    A genius attempt at diversity is important. When minorities have been excluded deliberately resulting in the situation we have today then the effort to make things fair should be equally as deliberate.

Of course the colour of the writer does matter. Racism is alive and well behind the scenes. I am not a Black man so I can't speak for my Black co workers but I am aware and have been a beneficiary of certain privileges that my non Caucasian co workers have been denied.

I want priest on batman because he is a good writer, has plenty of experience , writes a great Bat,man, is bold and because HE IS NOT A WHITE MAN. He reached that calibre decades ago.

The current uneven status quo didn't just happen. It happened because certain sections of society were purposefully and wilfully denied or discouraged the chance to achieve/work towards any position they desired.
    Because certain sections of society were purposefully hidden or excluded from creative works like comics. As such I feel inclusion and levelling the field should not be expected to just happen. We should purposefully work towards achieving this.

I hope that makes sense. English isn't my 1st language and I'm not as clear when I get heated
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-03-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Y A W N.

6-12 months of this guy and then Bruce is back, and we'll have some bullshit reason why it wasn't Dick Grayson who stepped up. The real tragedy here is we might have to suffer 6-12 months of Bruce jerking around with Selina.

Thankfully it's not Duke Thomas, he's boring as hell. Hopefully it's not Luke Fox either, he's just as boring if not more, good Lord.

Still hoping it's Reggie Long, the new Rorschach...they'd have my interest. If it's The Gentle Man, it'd be okay, but still pretty damn boring.

If it's someone brand new, that's just as bad as Luke or Duke, 'cause then in 6-12 months we'll have another nobody character in the Batman mythos overcrowding Gotham and the Batman books; God help us.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-03-2019 at 08:53 AM.

I've said it elsewhere, but since this is obviously a temporary thing, I'd have liked to see it be Black Lightning. Between the controversy with his creator and his involvement with the ancillary Batkids in Batman and the Outsiders, I think he would be a good fit.

I've come around to Duke Thomas some, but I'm glad it's not him because I don't want Snyder to have the satisfaction. He shouldn't be rewarded for his naked attempts to leave his mark rather than tell good stories.

It would be kind of weird for it to be Luke considering how ignored he has been of late.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I've said it elsewhere, but since this is obviously a temporary thing, I'd have liked to see it be Black Lightning. Between the controversy with his creator and his involvement with the ancillary Batkids in Batman and the Outsiders, I think he would be a good fit.

I've come around to Duke Thomas some, but I'm glad it's not him because I don't want Snyder to have the satisfaction. He shouldn't be rewarded for his naked attempts to leave his mark rather than tell good stories.

It would be kind of weird for it to be Luke considering how ignored he has been of late.
    It can't be Black Lightning, it'd show DC actually cares some for some of their long-standing characters. So it'll probably be Luke Fox. Blegh.