Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Basically Bruce is once again incapacitated/crippled and cant go out Batman-ing so has someone else take over temporarily (but under his watch so not all that independent) and it can't be Dick as he is still Reek, and Jason is Jason and Tim and Damian are too young so they cant be the ones wearing the cowl and Dc would really like to have a "we have diversity, we even had a black Batman who had a longer run than Jim Gordon!" claim, so... Great. Doesn't sound boring and forced at all.

Is this why Dick is still Ric.
    Does this mean he’ll be Ric till 2021?
    Ffs might as well cancel the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Dick isn't still Ric - Ric is Ric. Dick is dead, so long live Ric!

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    He's completely dull. I don't think there is anything interesting about him other than being Lucius' son
    Nothing? Not his MMA past? Not his personality? Not the fact that he actively tried to be recruited by Batman?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Nothing? Not his MMA past? Not his personality? Not the fact that he actively tried to be recruited by Batman?
    Which all pales by the awesome of choosing to stick with his first impulse of going with Batwing for his superhero name. That's like being in the Secret Service and using the call sign Air Force One. Dude don't care he's named after a jet, that's memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    At this point DC couldn’t possibly think Ric could even survive into 2021. The book is already on it way to under 20k and out of the top 100.

They are planning to kill Bruce again? Can't say I'm surprised since recycling old stories over and over again is the definition of superhero comics.

I guess I will just stick with DClock and Three Jokers (whenever this supposed to come out).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Look... they won't go with Dick even if he got his memory back, because they want to do something different. Just like Snyder wanna try something new when he made Gordon Batman, they want to make black Batman now. If Dick is Ric he'll be lounging about Bludhaven, if Dick is Dick, then Bruce will say Bludhaven needs him, and that's that.

In fact, that's what he said in Arkham Knight when he picked Azrael who he never knew before that night to be his successor instead of Dick. I find that super not make sense, but they wanna do a Knightfall fanservice, and there it was, but this is not an Arkham Knight thread, just something I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    They are planning to kill Bruce again? Can't say I'm surprised since recycling old stories over and over again is the definition of superhero comics.

I guess I will just stick with DClock and Three Jokers (whenever this supposed to come out).
    That reminds me, if DdC is set in the far future of the DC continuity, and this passing of the cowl is happening for an unknown amount of time, will this happen before DdC or after, 'cause Bruce is still Batman in DdC.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I'm just completely indifferent towards this news. It feels like the same story we've seen with Batman, now in 3 consecutive decades. I have no desire to read about another character becoming Batman again, just to figure out he/she isn't strong enough to be Batman and only Bruce is able to take on the role. There is absolutely no one DC has presented that is remotely interesting enough for me to read as Batman on a monthly basis, so I'll check out until the story is complete and Bruce is back.

Luckily I've been mostly looking forward to the Black Label content and other out of continuity stories anyways.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Looks like I won't be reading Batman for a long while then once this starts then. Between Bendis's likely involvement here (his writing is very hit and miss with me and when he misses, he really misses) and the fact that its Luke, whose initial introduction in Batwing rubbed me entirely the wrong way, I've absolutely zero interest in such a direction. I do like the idea of having Batman be a POC I just don't happen to like the character involved. In this case I feel like its a gimmick and nothing more.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 09-03-2019 at 02:48 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Arrow

Nice to see Batman is about to get his Clone Saga moment as if Nightfall wasn't already enough lol. They seriously need to stop trying to replace Bruce.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-03-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

suddenly I feel that people who were so eager to cheer for King leaving early are probably not going to cheer very much about this

I have absolutely no problem with a black young batman
    but I echo the feel of many here, this is not a "black man is now batman story" but rather a "Bruce is not Batman for the moment" and we have had a bunch of those in the last few years that this one doesnt feel needed

This reeks of influence from Bendis.

Let me guess, either Batman kills Bane or he ends up so heartbroken over what happened to Alfred that he just simply gives up. The immediate Bat family will cut Batman off (hence why none of them will step up to take the cape and cowl) and all the Bat will have is the Cat. So to be "happy", Bruce will give up the cape and cowl and enter Luke.

Yeah, it's a gimmick destined to fail. Sure, it'll get some media buzz. You're going to get some people who will swear they think it's a great idea even though a good number of them probably don't even know who Luke Fox is. Then you're going to get some people who will outright reject the idea before it even sees the light of day. Basically it's going to cultivate to another SJW vs Comicsgate fight.

All the while the comic itself will start off somewhat strong and then it's going to drop. Like a steep decline down Wile E Coyote style. Eventually, DC is going to fold. Even though you'll have people working there swear they're going to stick to their guns on this, they won't. Bruce will come back as Batman, you can set your watch to it. That's why all of this will be a giant waste of time, if it even comes to fruition.