View Poll Results: Reboot or Sequal?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • A full reboot of the series

4 80.00%
  • A sequel taking place after SR4

1 20.00%

Default Saints Row 5 or a Saints Row Reboot?

I really like the Saint's Row games. SR2 and SR3 are my personal favorites in the series. The Devs have confirmed that a new game is "deep in development" But that is all we know about it. Do you think there should be a SR5 which continues the existing story or maybe a complete reboot? I think it needs a reboot, but I wouldn't have any issues with a Saint's Row 5 either. That is, if it's fun. I enjoyed all the games from 2 all the way to 4. But I never had a chance to play the first game. I uploaded my thoughts on the series in a video.

I liked SR 1 and 2 but I've accepted that this series is full-on Looney Tunes antics now. It seems to be working for them though, so I'd be surprised if they toned things back down at this point.

I played 1 and 2 and started 3 but couldn't get into it. I enjoyed what 1 and 2 were but 3 went totally left field for me and I had no idea they had a 4 lol.

The series is pretty much a GTA parody for the most part, although I think the last one also was a bit of a Mass Effect parody as well. Maybe they can expand the parody to stuff like Red Dead, Witcher and other open world games that have become pretty popular?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The series is pretty much a GTA parody for the most part, although I think the last one also was a bit of a Mass Effect parody as well. Maybe they can expand the parody to stuff like Red Dead, Witcher and other open world games that have become pretty popular?
    I think so

the over the top stuff has worked well IMO

really liked the nods to The West Wing in SR4