Page 36 of 155 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

1984 Week 7 Pittsburgh Steelers (3-3) at San Francisco 49ers (6-0)

Chuck Noll's over the hill, aging Steelers squad against Bill Walsh's best 49ers team. The 49ers went 18-1 in 1984, and this was their only loss. Nice, close game all the way up until the final few seconds.

1991 Week 11 Dallas Cowboys (6-3) at Houston Oilers (7-2)

Battle of the Lone Star state. This is a good one that a lot of people don't talk about. Moon had over 400 yards passing, and even though he didn't throw a touchdown, he was money in getting the Oilers in position to score, especially on the final drive to seal the deal. Game goes to overtime, and has a pretty exciting finish.

My Predictions for Week 4

Eagles over Packers- The Eagles need this game far more. They will go all-out to win this game.
    Falcons over Titans- Falcons are at home and the Titans are mediocre.
    Ravens over Browns- Ravens take command of their division at home.
    Patriots over Bills- Bills aren't good enough yet to beat the Patriots.
    Chiefs over Lions- Lions lose their first game.
    Texans over Panthers- Texans will continue to improve their game.
    Colts over Raiders- Colts are good enough to beat a bad team at home.
    Chargers over Dolphins- disappointing 1-2 Chargers get an easy opponent to beat.
    Giants over Redskins- Giants win at home and keep the Redskins winless.
    Seahawks over Cards- Seahawks avoid a trap, win a close game in the desert.
    Rams over Bucs- Rams stay unbeaten.
    Bears over Vikings- Bears win a key division match-up at home.
    Broncos over Jaguars- Broncos win a game.
    Saints over Cowboys- Cowboys lose their first game.
    Steelers over Bengals- Steelers win their first game.

I dont know what the Steelers are thinking. I'm pretty sure they are done.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I dont know what the Steelers are thinking. I'm pretty sure they are done.
    Its really eerie how the Steelers of 1983 and the 2019 situation are playing out. In 1983 Terry Bradshaw had elbow surgery. He missed a lot of the season and came back late in year.

Anyhow in the 1983 Draft the Steelers didn't draft Dan Marino even though he was a local college star. They instead drafted a defensive lineman. The Steelers felt Bradshaw would return and had 2-3 more seasons left.

Also they had drafted Mark Malone in 1980/81 as the QB of the future they thought. We know how that worked out of course.

Now they have traded a 1st rd pick which could be a potential QB away for a defensive player. They are hedging bets Rothlisberger can return from elbow surgery and they just traded a 3rd rd pick for a TE from Seattle.

Steeler fans have to hope Ben doesn't suffer the same fate as Bradshaw who started a game and aftet completing a pass heard his arm pop. Ending his career.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

According to reports, the owners are about to propose a 17 game schedule that mostly eliminates the preseason games to the NFLPA as part of the ongoing negotiations for a new CBA.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The NFL continues to show how out of touch they are regarding the Super Bowl halftime show. They have JLO and Shakira this year.

Best joke i saw "This is gonna be a great Halftime show...from 2003 !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The NFL continues to show how out of touch they are regarding the Super Bowl halftime show. They have JLO and Shakira this year.

Best joke i saw "This is gonna be a great Halftime show...from 2003 !"
    I respect them a lot, but Shakira's main relevance of late in the states was playing the Antelope pop star in Zootopia. Prior to that, "Hips Don't Lie" dropped back in 2006.

In the U.S., we might feel it, though, but Shakira's being booked for the global audience, methinks. J-Lo... I have no idea.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Gonna say, for me, the best booking for a wide audience at a Super Bowl show that would be fun would be to book the Foo Fighters.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    According to reports, the owners are about to propose a 17 game schedule that mostly eliminates the preseason games to the NFLPA as part of the ongoing negotiations for a new CBA.

-M
    17 games? That’s odd. I thought the holy grail for the owners was 18, even more surprising is they’re giving up the revenue from two preseason games they charge full price for on tickets. The question will be if the players go for that deal.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    17 games? That’s odd. I thought the holy grail for the owners was 18, even more surprising is they’re giving up the revenue from two preseason games they charge full price for on tickets. The question will be if the players go for that deal.
    I bet the total revenue from a regular season game is more than 2 preseason games when you factor in TV viewing.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Got a game in Green Bay.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Despite yet another annoyingly slow start by the Eagles, they’ve taken a 14-13 lead late in the first half.

and soon 21-13. I was loving the Pack dominance until about 3:00 to go.

Better at halftime.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-26-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Birds left 50 seconds on the clock before halftime, and Mr. Discount Double Check made they pay with a 70 yard TD drive with six seconds to spare. URGH!