Page 109 of 155 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2317

I think Mitchell Trubisky is playing well enough to save his job. The Eagles fans have hope again, so the Eagles better not blow it again this week.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think Mitchell Trubisky is playing well enough to save his job. The Eagles fans have hope again, so the Eagles better not blow it again this week.
    Even though the Birds are playing the Giants who are every bit as hapless as Miami, and will be facing Eli Manning who'll be seeing his first action in something like two months, I'm leery. Philly has shown they can be just as moribund, if not pathetic as any of the league's bottom feeders (as evidenced by being suckered for touchdowns on gadget plays three weeks straight), so it wouldn't shock me if they find a way to lose to Big Blue.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    A San Francisco radio show host said that dark skin with a dark football gives Lamar Jackson an advantage at faking handoffs. And ... he was suspended for it.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/04/san-f...-skin-comment/
    Unfortunatley, I have to take a grown man, operating as a professional broadcaster at his word.

Is he flat wrong, no **** of course. Thing is, was he sincere about it? Lol, no doubt but if you really believe something, then why apologize for it? Dark dude, dark ball and dark uni sounds like a grievance you need to take to Goodell YESTERDAY. If that had any merit whatsoever, like Bomani said the ball would have been bright orange a long fuckin' time ago. That dark skin excuse arise when Frank Gore was carrying the ball as a 49er, cause they got dark uni's too and Gore is one of the darkest brothas in the league. Maybe that was just the 49er's little secret back when.

In actuality why it was so stupid is as a man, the crux of his justification for what was for such a staunch statement on his part if you hear the audio, was that it was to be... an excuse. A plausible excuse for why his team lost. Only a person with certain leanings would even come up with something that flimsy of the top is the extra part.

What it really was, was a salty, bitch-made thing to say. As the flag bearer for team Black QB, we've heard it and understand that in American, for WAY more guys than you'd think, getting beat at any endeavor by a brotha will ALWAYS be a real hard thing to deal with. He'll be back in the both in no time like nothing every happened. Thing about stupid people though is they continue to do stupid **** and this was a warning, had this been about a certain other nationality he'd already be out of a job.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Bears LB Roquan Smith likely out for the rest of the season.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    No one is saying he isn't a great QB. He deservedly is most likely going to win the MVP.

All anyone is saying that its a small extra advantage. No different than saying a left hander has a small advantage in some area of sports. Many have attributed some of Hall of Famers Steve Youngs success to being left handed because it throws off normal defensive schemes. Doesn't mean he didn't also have to work hard.

Just like being 6'4" is an advantage over being 5'10" at QB. That extra height doesn't take away from Tom Brady's accomplishments nor does that lack of height make Russell Wilson's any less (those are their heights by the way).

People need to stop being triggered over everything.
    As one poster quoted then the Browns would have the greatest play action in history with their uniform colors helping them or a variety of black QB's who have played in history. This nonsense is the same crap black QB's have had to handle for years before this. How they didn't have this or they didn't have that to be successful. It was silly and it created a dumb stigma for a few years til Doug Williams broke that concept.

If you look back Steve Young struggled his 1st few seasons in Tampa. He struggled with things til Bill Walsh and his system helped him. Even when he took over for Montana it was said Jerry Rice had to learn to catch a different way from Young with how he threw. Young wasn't an over night sensation as a lefty QB. He struggled in the NFL a season or two. But he grew into that.

Contributing things to uniform colors and color of skin is beyond silly. It harkens back to the days years ago where people created a stigma around black QB's and it was nonsense. Telling people to stop being triggered by a fucking moron trying to bring back those days again in a way , well no we won't have it. Nope ..sorry . Its not being triggered , its just we don't buy into horse **** that he's peddling and he rightfully got his ass suspended.

Its a shame he couldn't get fired.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 12-06-2019 at 12:59 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This whole thing spans years. In fact here is some history about the whole nonsense black QB's have had to deal with for years.

Back in 2003 , Rush Limbaugh who was a terrible analyst hire who contributed nothing told on ESPN that Donovan McNabb was over rated. Had he left it there and discussed why sports wise it would have been enough. But Limbaugh decided to go full idiot.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=1627887

"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh
    said. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in
    the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback
    do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a
    lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't
    deserve. The defense carried this team."
    This after McNabb had helped the Eagles to 2-3 straight NFC Championship appearances. And was their best QB in years since Randall Cunningham.

This goes back further as this article points out as black QB's have battled for years to show they can play the position.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ry-stereotypes

Like Briscoe, the African American signal-callers who came after in the 1970s and 80s couldn’t be merely average. They had be exceptional. They were given less time to develop than their white peers, and less leeway to make mistakes. They also had to fight against a racialized conception of how a pro quarterback was supposed to play.

Tall, statuesque pocket passers were the gold standard. Shorter, more mobile ones were seen as fragile and unreliable. Coming out of college football, white quarterbacks tended to fit in the former category, black quarterbacks the latter.

So telling people to not get triggered after years of this nonsense that shouldn't be an issue anymore after Mahomes , Jackson , Watson and Wilson has done the last 2+ years is what irks many here. Trying to credit a damn uniform for Jackson's play action skill is just the latest attempt again at dismissing talent.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Mahomes , Jackson , Watson and Wilson has done the last 2+ years is what irks many here.
    The National Football League has been celebrating it's 100th season in 2019. I know because they push the point of it throughout every single broadcast.

2019 is also the year that has the highest number of African-American starting quarterbacks. In year 100... the previous 99 seasons I guess they just couldn't find enough of them.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The National Football League has been celebrating it's 100th season in 2019. I know because they push the point of it throughout every single broadcast.

2019 is also the year that has the highest number of African-American starting quarterbacks. In year 100... the previous 99 seasons I guess they just couldn't find enough of them.
    Back in 50s to 80s there was a terrible stigma attached to black QBs. Jackie Harris , Warren Moon and Doug Williams helped change the mind set.

But as Rush showed us in 2003 it still existed for some. Now its true not every black QB is a star. For every JaMarcus Russell that is a bust there is a Russell Wilson. For every Cam Newton there is a RGIII .

Its just a lot as the article points out took heat way faster than white QBs. Hopefully this mind set changes more now. Also the fact that everyone here for most part knows this was done to cast doubt on Jackson's talent.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Bears LB Roquan Smith likely out for the rest of the season.
    That's a huge blow to the chances of Chicago making the playoffs, and if they did, of getting deep into them.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So telling people to not get triggered after years of this nonsense that shouldn't be an issue anymore after Mahomes , Jackson , Watson and Wilson has done the last 2+ years is what irks many here. Trying to credit a damn uniform for Jackson's play action skill is just the latest attempt again at dismissing talent.
    Well said. Couldn't have put it any better.

Meanwhile, here's some key games for week 14:

49ers at Saints (1 pm): Frisco will be looking to get back on track after losing to Seattle last week while Nawlins will be missing two starting linebackers
    Ravens at Bills (1 pm): Lamar Jackson and Baltimore's high octane offense meets the immovable object in Buffalo's stifling defense
    Chiefs at Patriots (4:25 pm): A rematch of last season's AFC championship game, can Tom Brady and his hampered offense outshoot Patrick Mahomes and KC?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I am super hyped for the Saints 49er's game. Two days ago my local fox station didnt have that game on its broadcasting schedule. But when I looked this morning it was on there. For a minute I thought I was going to be stuck watching the Bengals Browns on CBS.

Normally The Bengals Browns game has a lot of hype in the city. But this year its very much a whole cares game. And I know a lot of people who are wanting the Browns to win so Mike Brown is not tempted to keep Andy Dalton.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    He looked like an allpro against a pathetic Dallas defense that has all but quit.

I think Eagles win out, although I said that last week.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I am super hyped for the Saints 49er's game. Two days ago my local fox station didnt have that game on its broadcasting schedule. But when I looked this morning it was on there. For a minute I thought I was going to be stuck watching the Bengals Browns on CBS.

Normally The Bengals Browns game has a lot of hype in the city. But this year its very much a whole cares game. And I know a lot of people who are wanting the Browns to win so Mike Brown is not tempted to keep Andy Dalton.
    I can't wait for the Saints 49er's game either.

Lsu is doing really good against Georgia. Thought it would be more competitive. If whoever has the number one pick doesnt take Burrows they wasted their pick.

Ticket resale sites have Bengals Browns tickets going for as low as 9 Bucks. I never thought I would see a modern game sold that low. The average cost of a beer in Nfl venues is $8.69. Just let that sink in for a second.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-08-2019 at 05:54 AM.