Page 153 of 155 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2317

Happy to be wrong on my prediction. 49ers have won enough superbowls so I'm glad to see a a team with a long drought win. Happy to see Damien Williams, a former player on my team, do amazing in the game. He was the real MVP but there was no way they weren't going to give it to Mahomes since QB's get all the love.

Now on to another offseason of hope followed by a season of dream crushing for my Dolphins. We will draft Tua after he clears medicals. Then in one of his first games he'll take a hit and crumple like the paper mache doll he is and be out for the season which will be indicative of the entirety of his three year NFL career before he finally retires from injuries.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

What can I say ? I was stunned , I did have a BBQ coma at half time and fell asleep basically. I thought the game was over really. KC had fallen down by 10 in that 4th quarter and Mahomes really had been struggling a bit against this defense. He had thrown one bad pass and then he threw another one. But Mahomes again as I posted days ago.."If he has magic left for the season , he's gonna have to do it.."

Mahomes literally put KC on his back again and showed Bradshaw and everyone on a grand stage...he's the best QB playing today. As he told in post game.."We have heart.." No team is safe ahead with KC. Mahomes can literally do what is needed as we saw.

Now as a fan I never imagined I'd be typing KANSAS CITY CHIEFS : SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS. I never imagined in my life this would happen. If you told me a decade ago that I'd be sitting here watching KC celebrate post game and a Chiefs QB was MVP , I'd ask what everyone was smoking. Because quite frankly I always joked , well were great in regular season but just can't do it come post season.

For years I'd say this in CBR . But here was all it took. A young guy named Pat Mahomes changed the course of a franchise.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    What can I say ? I was stunned , I did have a BBQ coma at half time and fell asleep basically. I thought the game was over really. KC had fallen down by 10 in that 4th quarter and Mahomes really had been struggling a bit against this defense. He had thrown one bad pass and then he threw another one. But Mahomes again as I posted days ago.."If he has magic left for the season , he's gonna have to do it.."

Mahomes literally put KC on his back again and showed Bradshaw and everyone on a grand stage...he's the best QB playing today. As he told in post game.."We have heart.." No team is safe ahead with KC. Mahomes can literally do what is needed as we saw.

Now as a fan I never imagined I'd be typing KANSAS CITY CHIEFS : SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS. I never imagined in my life this would happen. If you told me a decade ago that I'd be sitting here watching KC celebrate post game and a Chiefs QB was MVP , I'd ask what everyone was smoking. Because quite frankly I always joked , well were great in regular season but just can't do it come post season.

For years I'd say this in CBR . But here was all it took. A young guy named Pat Mahomes changed the course of a franchise.
    I'm only posting in this thread to say I'm happy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Congratulations on one of your dreams coming true SuperECW!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Thanks guys , everyone has sent me PM's on FB telling me its great how KC won and how I stuck by the team through the bad years and all. And there was some bad years let me tell ya.

Seeing Andy Reid win one for the 1st time after so long was really good. To see Mahomes hugging him in a beautiful moment was really sweet. In fact it was Mahomes who told Reid as they lost the AFC Championship last year , "This isn't over , were just getting started..."

On twitter former Eagles are all happy for Reid claiming its long over due for him. Also comically the Detroit Tigers tweeted congrats as well to Mahomes and joked they drafted him 1st.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I do feel sad for Kyle Shanahan . This makes the 2nd time in a Super Bowl his team had a lead and then a superstar QB suddenly got HOT and rallied back. Sorry to see Shanahan on that side.

A great game. This was the best Superbowl in years for me as I enjoyed it a lot.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Really happy for Andy Reid to finally get the monkey off his back

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Congrats to Andy Reid for finally winning the BIG GAME!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

This was a tough loss. Not as bad as 2012 for me, but close. The 49ers held the Chiefs to 10 points in 54 minutes, and gave up 21 in the final 6. Remarkable. When Mahommes converted that 3rd and 15 that was maybe the game. The entire team fell apart after that. Shame, because they made Mahomes look human most of the contest. He had his worst game of the year. Kyle Shanahan and his penchant to overthink common sense decisions bit him in the ass again. Going into halftime with a 10-10 lead was so stupid. When will coaches learn? You play to win, you don't play not to lose. Moron. You can even see Lynch in the press box calling for a timeout.

At least the Chiefs finally got a ring. 50 years is a long time to not even make a Super Bowl. Andy Reid deserved this too.

I have to admit the Kelce brothers are a great comedy team . They need to take that **** on the road as they really are 2 of the funniest guys. In the AFC Championship Kelce decides to take the time to yell ...

"You Gotta Fight .....FOR YOUR RIGHT....TO PAAAAARTY !!" as the team erupts into laughter. Tonight post game him and his brother added the Lombardi part to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Happy to be wrong on my prediction. 49ers have won enough superbowls so I'm glad to see a a team with a long drought win. Happy to see Damien Williams, a former player on my team, do amazing in the game. He was the real MVP but there was no way they weren't going to give it to Mahomes since QB's get all the love.

Now on to another offseason of hope followed by a season of dream crushing for my Dolphins. We will draft Tua after he clears medicals. Then in one of his first games he'll take a hit and crumple like the paper mache doll he is and be out for the season which will be indicative of the entirety of his three year NFL career before he finally retires from injuries.
    Fitzmagik coming back though. So really, that's already a W.

This past week Skip Bayless as usual gave Mahomes and the Chiefs no respect (as usual) and said that they would lose in the Super Bowl. Much like how Bradshaw claimed Mahomes style of play would catch up to him and that Super Bowl would be it.

Mahomes is pretty good at making guys eat crow weirdly.

Chief fans are joking Bayless is preparing the excuses of blaming Kyle Shanahan , Jimmy and others without giving credit to Mahomes.

I don't know if he has said anything before this, but Eli officially retired after the game. Commercial right after where he said, it's the end of my last season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    This was a tough loss. Not as bad as 2012 for me, but close. The 49ers held the Chiefs to 10 points in 54 minutes, and gave up 21 in the final 6. Remarkable. When Mahommes converted that 3rd and 15 that was maybe the game. The entire team fell apart after that. Shame, because they made Mahomes look human most of the contest. He had his worst game of the year. Kyle Shanahan and his penchant to overthink common sense decisions bit him in the ass again. Going into halftime with a 10-10 lead was so stupid. When will coaches learn? You play to win, you don't play not to lose. Moron. You can even see Lynch in the press box calling for a timeout.

At least the Chiefs finally got a ring. 50 years is a long time to not even make a Super Bowl. Andy Reid deserved this too.
    He screwed up clock management in the 4th quarter too. Midway through and still up by ten and they have the ball and have been running it well all game. 1st down they give it Mostert who picks up a good chunk. Then they throw it on 2nd and 3rd downs killing the clock. Your the best running team in the NFL and you've been running it well all night so keep doing what you do best. Running the ball on both plays kills another minute even if they don't pick up the 1st down. Then there was still more than 5 minutes and he could then pulled a Belichick / Vrabel move and taken two intentional penalties on 4th down as that keeps the clock moving outside the last 5 minutes.

I saw some sports writer point out that even a kid who has only played Madden seems to understand clock management better than Shanahan given how he screwed it up so badly in the Patriot / Falcons superbowl and then again in this game.