Page 52 of 155 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Brady's line has major issues this season - anyone will look mortal behind that.

And while it may be his goal to play until he is 45, I think Stidham's rookie contract is Brady's timer with New England.
    As long as Tom Brady makes the throws and plays like he has , even Stidham won't replace him til he's ready.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

In NFL News , John Elway (Broncos GM) has said the team is not looking to trade anyone. The team is 1-4 and Elway has said the team is hoping the culture wins out for them. Of course the following players will be free agents in 2020 ... Chris Harris (CB) , Emmanuel Sanders (WR) and Joe Flacco to name a few. The only player told in a report that would never be traded is Von Miller.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Its hard to believe that John Facenda (aka the Voice of God) has been gone over 35 years. If any classic NFL Fans remember those old NFL Films done , Facenda had this booming baritone voice that seemed to be out of this world discussing football.

Facenda got the job with NFL Films due to Ed Sabol hearing him in a bar as Facenda talked very good of the game . Sabol was so impressed he asked if he could read a script and from 1966 to 1984 ...Facenda was the "voice".

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its hard to believe that John Facenda (aka the Voice of God) has been gone over 35 years. If any classic NFL Fans remember those old NFL Films done , Facenda had this booming baritone voice that seemed to be out of this world discussing football.

Facenda got the job with NFL Films due to Ed Sabol hearing him in a bar as Facenda talked very good of the game . Sabol was so impressed he asked if he could read a script and from 1966 to 1984 ...Facenda was the "voice".
    Liev Shreiber says he does Facinda on Hard Knocks.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Liev Shreiber says he does Facinda on Hard Knocks.

A number of folks have tried recreating his voice from 1984 on due to his influence. They even sold some Madden games with his Autumn wind speech.

Facenda is immortal, man. I'm surprised he didn't get voice work outside of NFL Films like reading epic Greek poetry and s***.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The early London game between Carolina and Tampa Bay...

Jameis Winston is single-handedly losing this game for the Bucs, again, with sloppy play. 3 INTs and a lost fumble. They're down by 16 with 10 minutes left...

If Bruce Arians can't fix him... well, he's gonna likely be looking for a chance somewhere else next year. Whoever loses the "tank for Tua" sweepstakes is likely gonna take a flier on Winston.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The early London game between Carolina and Tampa Bay...

Jameis Winston is single-handedly losing this game for the Bucs, again, with sloppy play. 3 INTs and a lost fumble. They're down by 16 with 10 minutes left...

If Bruce Arians can't fix him... well, he's gonna likely be looking for a chance somewhere else next year. Whoever loses the "tank for Tua" sweepstakes is likely gonna take a flier on Winston.
    Forgot that game was on. Just as well since it was a dog with fleas. Meanwhile, if the Quarterback Whisperer can fix Winston, then yeah, look for Tampa in the Tua sweepstakes.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Carolina Panthers have a big issue ahead in off-season. Norv Turner's system runs best under what Kyle Allen does. He's a classic style drop back passing QB and that is what Turner's offense runs best with. A fact weeks ago an analyst brought up how Turner wasn't worried about what Kyle Allen could do in his system. Where does this leave Cam Newton ? Its clear Newton has struggled since his injuries caught up with him and this system doesn't take advantage of what he wants to do. (shotgun , RPO's etc)

Also someone pointed out the moment Newton suffered his 1st real big set back and how its impacted him for 2+ seasons. If anyone remembers lazy WR Kelvin Benjamin. Anyhow the guy runs a lazy route and ball is picked off. Then does a lazy tackle not giving a damn. Newton chased after the defender and suffered that injury. Which has impacted him since.

While Facenda is definitely the definitive voice of the NFL, I thought Kalas, whom I mostly grew up with real-time, was a very worthy successor. When Kalas passed, I stopped being that interested in NFL Films stuff, tbh. Nothing's worked since then for me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

To be fair NFL Films was folded up as the NFL Network started to take off and expand on cable systems. But the Sabol's really were why the NFL grew so much in popularity and why we have a NFL Network now. The guy won over 35 Emmy's for his writing , directing and camera work. The Sabol's were the 1st to mic coaches up and players. Now its seen each game nearly , then it was a 1st experiment deal. The NFL owes that family a huge debt. (Steve Sabol is credited with writing the Autumn Wind poem which is a classic)

I'd say it...if the NFL is gonna induct 20 people into the Hall of Fame , induct Ed and Steve Sabol into the Hall of Fame. Its true they aren't coaches , executives , owners or players. But the work they did...they deserve to go in. (I'd say induct John Facenda to as well at some point)

Is Mahomes hurt again or something? He's been picked once and almost got picked twice on successive plays on this latest drive. I missed some of the second quarter so was just curious. Maybe its just defenses figuring out to some degree how to play against him.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Is Mahomes hurt again or something? He's been picked once and almost got picked twice on successive plays on this latest drive. I missed some of the second quarter so was just curious. Maybe its just defenses figuring out to some degree how to play against him.
    Its 2 factors...his ankle has been a big factor all season since week 1. Its cost him mobility and he is playing through it. Also teams have started going to man to man defenses and its made KC have some issues at times. Mahomes really needs a bye week to heal the ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Is Mahomes hurt again or something? .
    Back to statistical mean for the Chefs me thinks. Watson is having his way with this defense. As a Colts fan I actually need Mahomes to pull this one out. Not lookin likely so far
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Losing two in a row and pissed. And the Broncos secondary is an injured mess. They're going to be destroyed by them Thursday.