Page 41 of 155 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    When is Washington's bye week? If Gruden's gonna be axed, it'll happen then. But, of course, we're dealing with shithead owner Daniel Snyder, he could drop the hammer tomorrow, or this afternoon. As for Haskins, yeah, he looked bad, I suspect if Keenum is ready to roll, he'll start this coming Sunday.
    Looks to be Week 10. I wonder if Snyder would wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    No word on Mitch Trubisky's shoulder yet. It was reported it would be 24-48 hours before they got information on it. But here is how he landed...

I had that exact same kind of injury a few years ago. Its recoverable, but takes a while and a bunch of physical therapy.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    When is Washington's bye week? If Gruden's gonna be axed, it'll happen then. But, of course, we're dealing with shithead owner Daniel Snyder, he could drop the hammer tomorrow, or this afternoon. As for Haskins, yeah, he looked bad, I suspect if Keenum is ready to roll, he'll start this coming Sunday.
    Redskin play the Patriots next week so I'm fairly confident everyone will be picking the Patriots to win so that would put Gruden at 0-5. If he loses to Miami I would think that would be the final nail in the coffin.

I get the ejection and a fine because he's very much a repeat offender....

Maybe a 3-5 game suspension. But the entire season? BS. He plays dirty but he's not a felon or child beater....

Naturally he'll appeal. But even if he wins odds are he's going to miss probably half the season.
    Last edited by The Big G; 09-30-2019 at 09:04 AM.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

calling him a repeat offender is frankly a gross understatement, Burfict's had a 3-5 game suspensions in each of the last 3 seasons and he has a rap sheet going back to HIGH SCHOOL, at some point you have to send a message

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    Looks to be Week 10. I wonder if Snyder would wait that long.
    Yikes! If the Deadskins continue stinking on wheat like they did yesterday, Gruden won't make it past next Sunday, never mind last until November 10th.

Meanwhile, can't say I'm surprised Vontaze Burfict was shitcanned for the rest of the season. The guy's a thug and a serial headhunter, good riddance to bad rubbish. To be honest, Derek Barnett from my Eagles should've been suspended for his hit on Green Bay RB Jamaal Williams last Thursday night, that was as egregious as they came.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Cream will start to rise. A couple of the 2-2's have done it not so convincingly if you take out the Dolphin wins.

Vega$ Raiders might be #2 in the West.

Odell Beckham had him a day, 2 receptions and only 17 yards but most notably getting choked out on the field. Chubb had the game of the weekend, this Baltimore run or passing D is not the one from years past I see now.

Josh Allen took the hit of the weekend, ****. I do not think they are better with whohisface, Bills bailed on Manuel too soon so I don't think Barkley is any kind of savior.
    Yep. Being tackled from behind, going down, then the other defender smashed him in the side of the head, helmet to helmet. I was surprised he managed to hold onto the ball, let alone walk off the field. Worst thing, is that it was "off-setting fouls" and not even an attempt to look at targeting.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

I get the ejection and a fine because he's very much a repeat offender....

Maybe a 3-5 game suspension. But the entire season? BS. He plays dirty but he's not a felon or child beater....

Naturally he'll appeal. But even if he wins odds are he's going to miss probably half the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    calling him a repeat offender is frankly a gross understatement, Burfict's had a 3-5 game suspensions in each of the last 3 seasons and he has a rap sheet going back to HIGH SCHOOL, at some point you have to send a message
    Plus him blowing kisses and laughing showed what he is about. **** HIM. The only wish is NFL couldn't kick this goon out for good. Hopefully it happens next.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I have no problem with this. Fine those other guys? Fine. Even suspend them? If you look at it and it seems egregious enough give 'em a game. I wouldn't flip out over it. I'm not seeing a double standard with Burfict's season long suspension though because he's a career-offender. The habitual nature of his offenses matter.

Frankly I think just this season is too lenient. He just shouldn't be in the league period.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I have no problem with this. Fine those other guys? Fine. Even suspend them? If you look at it and it seems egregious enough give 'em a game. I wouldn't flip out over it. I'm not seeing a double standard with Burfict's season long suspension though because he's a career-offender. The habitual nature of his offenses matter.

Frankly I think just this season is too lenient. He just shouldn't be in the league period.
    He's gonna cripple someone at some point with how he thinks its funny to hurt others. We saw his reaction... (and Steven Smith reveals he was a dirty **** in college too)

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The funny thing is he was only at Arizona State University because Matt Barkley told USC he was a dirty player in High School, so he's literally been doing this kind of stuff at every possible stage of the game

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/mattdolloff/stat...947878405?s=21

Anywhere comparing the Jones hit on Allen with Burfict didn’t watch the play. Jones slows down and lets up while turning
    His shoulder into Allen to try to avoid the contact. Meanwhile Allen is still running forward and puts his head down to ensure the contact. That’s on Allen.

For the record Allen is 6”5 and Jones is 5”10. That’s a 7 inch difference. The only way helmet to helmet happens is if the taller player is lowering his head (the thing you are NOT supposed to do).

Bad to worse in Denver, turns out Bradley Chubb tore his ACL yesterday. Played on it in the second half but today's MRI revealed it. Out for the year. Look out Miami, someone else is coming for that #1!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Reports on Trubisky's injury are starting to leak out...

An MRI on the injured shoulder of Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky revealed that he has a dislocated left shoulder with a slight labrum tear, but he does not need surgery, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter Monday.

A source said that the QB should be back "sooner rather than later." Trubisky will travel with the team to London for its game against the Raiders but is unlikely to play.
    It's his left shoulder, so won't affect his throwing, but will still take some tile to heal.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    https://twitter.com/mattdolloff/stat...947878405?s=21

Anywhere comparing the Jones hit on Allen with Burfict didn’t watch the play. Jones slows down and lets up while turning
    His shoulder into Allen to try to avoid the contact. Meanwhile Allen is still running forward and puts his head down to ensure the contact. That’s on Allen.

For the record Allen is 6”5 and Jones is 5”10. That’s a 7 inch difference. The only way helmet to helmet happens is if the taller player is lowering his head (the thing you are NOT supposed to do).
    Except, Allen is being brought down from behind at that. So, no. Its not on him. And no, he can't exactly slide either because of said defender tackling him from behind. And he's not lowering his head, he's going down from the tackle as well.