Page 38 of 155 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Daniel Jones looks like the real deal for the Giants.
    NE is as good as they looked. The Bills were lucky playing bad teams.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Dwayne Haskins is in for the Deadskins.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Rocking and Rolling Titans
    Defense recovered a fumble the Titans defense created, and Mariota has thrown 3 touchdowns.
    Mariota playing effective after 2 consecutive unable to make the critical throws in the 2 games losing streak which included missed throws vs the Jaguars.

24-7
    The struggling Falcons making the Titans look like the 2007 elite scoring Patriots. I didn't expect that in a toss up game, and I hope that the Titans can play a effective full game because Falcons have the ability and arsenal to comeback and win.

Also great to see the Skins quit wasting time with at best 2nd string Keenum because he won't lead a NFL team to the Super Bowl, and start using the freakin QB they drafted.
    Like the Giants, the Skins have damn good valid excuse for not using the freakin QB they drafted. The Giants playing effecting in New Jersey with Jones because 17-3.

The Raiders came will be getting some coverage. But instead of the fact that they are up 21-10 on the Colts, the coverage will likely center on Vontaze Burfict getting ejected for yet another BS hit he laid on a Colts player.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Man, Detroit was reamed by the refs. Should be up a score, but a BS reversal on a TD led to a Stafford fumble on the next play.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Dolphins keeping the game watchable and competitive the Bolts lead 17-10, and the Chargers need to avoid the any given Sunday in Miami.

Raiders have played effective with a fast start, and lead the Colts 21-10 in Indy.
    Great rebound since the Vikings were made chumps in Week 3 by the Vikings so I didn't expect a great turnaround in a closed doors Stadium.

The Bills have scored the needed touchdown to make the game close 13-10.

The awful Skins making the Giants look like the 2018 LA Rams.
    24-3 what a damn joke.

I didn't expect the Browns to be leading the better Ravens 24-10 for the 4th Quarter in Baltimore. The Ravens look as terrible as the Browns have been for 2 of their 3 games.

Titans defense has had 2 stops with Falcons unable to convert on 4th Down. Titans defense have also played effective since Falcons offense big plays for 3 full quarters mostly has not happened.
    24-10 The Titans with the Football to start 4th Quarter, and they can use Henry making the Falcons defense more tired, eat clock, and best to score touchdown. The Titans are more likely to win this game in Atlanta if they score touchdowns in the 2nd Half because the tenacious Falcons won't quit.

Ridiculous how the Patriots always somehow get away with things. Jones with a vicious helmet to helmet that knocks Josh Allen out of the game, just as bad as Burfict's hit in the Raiders/Colts game, yet he's not ejected. Insult to injury, the Patriots didn't even get tangibly penalized for it because it was part of an offsetting penalty via a respective offensive holding call. Joke. There's no point in having personal foul caliber penalties if there's the chance they won't get applied. Offsetting for a personal foul has never made sense.

KC/Detroit had 5 lost fumbles between both teams in the 3rd quarter, a high not met since 1991. Chiefs lead 27-23 in a good one.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-29-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Titans get a needed win in Atlanta winning 24-10, a great team win with the Titans defense played effective for most of the game including 3 stops when Falcons couldn't get a 1st down on 4th down.
    Also Henry did run for more than 95 yards. Mariota had a great game for passing, and ran when he had to. Also Titans punter kept punting the football deep in Falcons territory so they won the field position battle.

The Browns have made the game a joke in Baltimore since it's 40-18, and the Ravens look way more like the 1-2 team today with this freakin stinker vs the expansion Browns.
    A great needed win for the Browns after that embarrassment on a Sunday night losing the heartbreaker in classic Cleveland fashion to the great Rams.

Great to see the Raiders also winning 31-17 in Indy vs the Colts.
    Also the Panthes hold on to defeat the Texans 16-10 late 4th in Houston. The Panthers defense was able to knock down a Hail Mary, and since the Texans are a better team than Cards I didn't expect this at all since Allen was making his 2nd start.

Bills have the tough luck of Allen getting inured, have remained in the game as I expected for them to keep the game close in Buffalo, and will need to outplay the Patriots in the 4th to win.
    Patriots lead 16-10 with 4 minutes left. The Bills if they get the chance will need Barkley to lead them to a valiant win.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Pat Mahomes showed , your never down...your never out of a game on that final OT drive. You could see Pratrica's face as he saw that TD. Like for fucks sake...what do I do to beat this kid ? I blitzed , dropped zone , man to man ...and Mahomes is literally driving it. By the end the Lions were tired. They had fought all game against Mahomes and the guy couldn't be denied.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Pat Mahomes showed , your never down...your never out of a game on that final OT drive. You could see Pratrica's face as he saw that TD. Like for fucks sake...what do I do to beat this kid ? I blitzed , dropped zone , man to man ...and Mahomes is literally driving it. By the end the Lions were tired. They had fought all game against Mahomes and the guy couldn't be denied.
    I wish I had taken a screenshot, because I saw 30-27 Lions actually posted up as the final score. Dewey defeats Truman all over again. Except in a less important manner, obviously. Well, the fans of a team or two might disagree with me...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Some notes from this weeks game.

- Frank Gore became the 4th player in NFL history to cross the magic 15,000+ career mark. Gore in his 15th season made the mark and is now eying passing Barry Sanders mark of 15,269 this season.

- As people demanded Dwayne Haskins to start a big reason he didn't was because he only had 1 year of college ball and was trying to learn this NFL system. A fact that Gruden remarked that if pushed in Haskins would have to go with a limited play book. The move didn't pay off as he was pushed in and went 9/17 for 197 yards and 3 Ints. It remains to be seen if Gruden will push Haskins in next week or let him learn more this season.

- The Legend of Kyle Allen is growing. Allen after fumbling 3 times still had a positive passing game and led the Panthers to a stunning upset of the Houston Texans today.

- Mitchell Trubisky is in the locker room due to injury and Chase Daniel is in. Trubisky is out for the game with a left shoulder now as an update and no idea what is wrong.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Two AFC favorite pull out tough wins

Chiefs/Lions was my favorite game of the season thus far. Didn't have the outcome I wanted (though on the other hand why do I care, my team isn't in competition this year anyway) but was a good game. That third was sloppy with the turnovers but it was fun to watch. I remember watching games like this as a kid when I watched John Elway. Can't remember how many times teams took a lead on those Broncos teams but left Elway way too much time to put a nail in them. Chiefs have got something like that now with Mahomes.

Speaking of which, it only took playing the Jags to make the Broncos look halfway decent.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-29-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Chiefs/Lions was my favorite game of the season thus far. Didn't have the outcome I wanted (though on the other hand why do I care, my team isn't in competition this year anyway) but was a good game. That third was sloppy with the turnovers but it was fun to watch. I remember watching games like this as a kid when I watched John Elway. Can't remember how many times teams took a lead on those Broncos teams but left Elway way too much time to put a nail in them. Chiefs have got something like that now with Mahomes.
    Kansas City has never had this really. Len Dawson was gone by the 1970's and Montana was sadly in for 2 seasons. Its wild to think that KC may have that after years of never finding that young franchise QB. I never expected it in my life time. I'm still stunned that Mahomes has done what he has in essentially 2 seasons of work.