Page 98 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2317
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Also I'm not happy that KC employs Tyreek Hill at all. That is a Chiefs fan and I hate were so high on that list shown. If KC had a backup QB problem ala the Bengals and Redskins I'd be pushing the Chiefs to sign him. It beats what we have seen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And that shirt you and Steven Smith was so hot over ....well...looks like he didn't wear it during the actual work out.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/17/us/co...rnd/index.html

DAAAAAAMN YOOOOU KAAAAEPPPERNICCCK !!

Being honest , again what a load of horse ****. Your worried over a fucking shirt and peaceful protest deal than someone who can play. Yet the very teams mentioned last time have signed assholes off the street who have big court cases. Just mind boggling.
    Its clear you value SJW issues over actual talent on the field.

The shirt was one small part of the issue. He basically called all the NFL racist by wearing it. He wants to be a martyr more than a QB.

Talent wise he probably still would be a quality NFL backup but at this point of the season whats the point for any struggling team. For them its all about developing the young QB on the roster already or draft positioning (not that any team can actually ever admit to tanking).

Your also dreaming if you think Kaep would be a better QB than Dalton on the Bengals. 1. Dalton isn't a bad QB, he just isn't a great QB, 2. He knows the playbook. We've seen countless examples over the years of hapless QB's signed off the street and starting in less than a week who don't know the playbook. Thus Kaep is not an upgrade late season over Dalton.

As I said before the only places Kaep on a talent level would make sense right now is a team with an established QB where you don't have confidence in the backup. As I said before Seattle would be a good fit. They are a run first team with a mobile QB and Geno Smith as a backup is scary. Its also a good fit politics wise since Seattle is the most liberal NFL city there is other than San Fran.

But Kaep made it clear with his "tryout" that he doesn't actually want to play, he just wants to be a martyr. So why look at him when there are other flawed mobile QB's out there. Hell, why not give Tebow a try. You know he'd love another shot and skill wise he's as flawed as Kaep without the martyr syndrome.

Supercwfan you have a right to defend Kap and think he has the right to play. But the owners have a right to not sign him. Whether that is right or wrong. Playing in the nfl is a right. No one is entitled to play. that is And that is what bothers me about Kap. His since of entitlement. He acts like he is the second coming. He has talent but he is not as good as his attitude would suggest.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Its clear you value SJW issues over actual talent on the field.
    Dalton has struggled for longer seasons than Kaepernick. Its true , look back at it. His struggles with costly Ints etc has been a factor awhile. I pointed out backup QB situations across the league months ago and honestly Kaepernick's talent level is a lot better than a lot of #2 QB's. You worrying about SJW issues on a player (when a lot of the league have players who do SJW work etc) is silly. If talent is there you sign them.

The shirt was one small part of the issue. He basically called all the NFL racist by wearing it. He wants to be a martyr more than a QB.
    Again the NFL could comically not care about what shirts someone wears honestly. They can say , well he has some talent and can throw the ball. Lets kick the tires. Long as he's not having off field issues were good. To hell with his clothes choices.

Talent wise he probably still would be a quality NFL backup but at this point of the season whats the point for any struggling team. For them its all about developing the young QB on the roster already or draft positioning (not that any team can actually ever admit to tanking).
    The Bengals just gave up on their young QB. Dalton won't be there next year. The Bengals can get a QB in top of the draft but without a bridge QB its gonna be a risk to throw a QB in. Washington already guessed wrong with its bridge QB move.

Your also dreaming if you think Kaep would be a better QB than Dalton on the Bengals. 1. Dalton isn't a bad QB, he just isn't a great QB, 2. He knows the playbook. We've seen countless examples over the years of hapless QB's signed off the street and starting in less than a week who don't know the playbook. Thus Kaep is not an upgrade late season over Dalton.
    Its not the same play book. He's in Tyler's offense now , not the system ran by Marvin Lewis . In this season he has a 79.2 QB Rating. He was benched for a reason as struggles was happening. Career wise he's 88 QB Rating. Kaepernick has the same career QB rating , yet he has more playoff wins and been to a Super Bowl. So that gives him an edge over Dalton who hasn't won a playoff game .

With Dalton leaving however next season they need a bridge QB. And a sign to players they are at least trying to do something right now. Instead the message is...we wanna suck and go 0-16.

As I said before the only places Kaep on a talent level would make sense right now is a team with an established QB where you don't have confidence in the backup. As I said before Seattle would be a good fit. They are a run first team with a mobile QB and Geno Smith as a backup is scary. Its also a good fit politics wise since Seattle is the most liberal NFL city there is other than San Fran.
    The Bengals just benched a guy they don't see as the future as he's not been a good backup QB.

But Kaep made it clear with his "tryout" that he doesn't actually want to play, he just wants to be a martyr. So why look at him when there are other flawed mobile QB's out there. Hell, why not give Tebow a try. You know he'd love another shot and skill wise he's as flawed as Kaep without the martyr syndrome.
    Honestly if people care more about what a player wore as a shirt over issues they have had with guys they have signed , they deserve to lose every year. Its why Washington and Cincy are searching for QB's and losing. Years from now a number of GM's will be hard pressed to explain why a guy taking a knee scared them more than someone committing assault.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Supercwfan you have a right to defend Kap and think he has the right to play. But the owners have a right to not sign him. Whether that is right or wrong. Playing in the nfl is a right. No one is entitled to play. that is And that is what bothers me about Kap. His since of entitlement. He acts like he is the second coming. He has talent but he is not as good as his attitude would suggest.
    I take offense when someone goes , he doesn't have talent etc. Or he does , but darn that knee he took makes him unemployable. To me if someone is getting employed who abuses their kids or wife etc. Those fucks don't deserve to play again. Kareem Hunt for kicking a woman and lying about it should not be suiting up in NFL.

The owners have a right to hire anyone they wish. But they also deserve all the mockery and disdain for their reasoning as well. If you sign outright terrible people doing things off the field then that organization deserves to be mocked. If your worried to sign someone wearing a shirt during a practice session or how he did a peaceful protest with no one being hurt , well they again deserve mockery.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Dalton has struggled for longer seasons than Kaepernick. Its true , look back at it. His struggles with costly Ints etc has been a factor awhile. I pointed out backup QB situations across the league months ago and honestly Kaepernick's talent level is a lot better than a lot of #2 QB's. You worrying about SJW issues on a player (when a lot of the league have players who do SJW work etc) is silly. If talent is there you sign them.

Again the NFL could comically not care about what shirts someone wears honestly. They can say , well he has some talent and can throw the ball. Lets kick the tires. Long as he's not having off field issues were good. To hell with his clothes choices.

The Bengals just gave up on their young QB. Dalton won't be there next year. The Bengals can get a QB in top of the draft but without a bridge QB its gonna be a risk to throw a QB in. Washington already guessed wrong with its bridge QB move.

Its not the same play book. He's in Tyler's offense now , not the system ran by Marvin Lewis . In this season he has a 79.2 QB Rating. He was benched for a reason as struggles was happening. Career wise he's 88 QB Rating. Kaepernick has the same career QB rating , yet he has more playoff wins and been to a Super Bowl. So that gives him an edge over Dalton who hasn't won a playoff game .

With Dalton leaving however next season they need a bridge QB. And a sign to players they are at least trying to do something right now. Instead the message is...we wanna suck and go 0-16.

The Bengals just benched a guy they don't see as the future as he's not been a good backup QB.

Honestly if people care more about what a player wore as a shirt over issues they have had with guys they have signed , they deserve to lose every year. Its why Washington and Cincy are searching for QB's and losing. Years from now a number of GM's will be hard pressed to explain why a guy taking a knee scared them more than someone committing assault.
    Dalton is a far better "bridge" QB to Finley right now than Kaep could ever be simply because he knows the system. In the offseason with new teams you could argue that Kaep would be as good as Dalton but right now no.

And the shirt does matter. Imagine yourself walking into a job interview with a shirt that says "F**K you ______(whatever company your applying to." Thats basically what he did with his Kunta Kinte shirt. He is trying to imply he is a beaten slave who has been so horribly abused by wearing that shirt. Exactly the wrong message you want to send to the owners. But exactly the right message you want to send to SJW warriors who will side with you for social justice reasons rather than on the field reasons - you being a perfect example.

By the way I don't care that he kneeled. I disagree with his reasons but I applaud his method because its peaceful, non violent, and non looting. I'm a Dolphins fan and Kenny Stills kneeled from near day one. I rooted for him every day to have a big day because I care about winning not the kneeling. I think people that get upset over the act of protest vs the reason for protest are stupid because we should applaud a leader in the black community (which he certainly is) advocating peaceful protests vs burning and looting your neighborhood down.

My disagreements with the whole Kaep issue is as always that so many of you inflate his ability to more than it is. As I've said before he is Tim Tebow redux. Very skilled in some areas but very flawed in others and a media circus wherever he goes. Not worth the distraction and media circus he brings given his mediocre talent.

If he had the talent he'd still be in the league. Case in point since you brought up Tyreek Hill. He is one of the best receivers in the league so his talent outweighs the public relations hit you get by having him on the team. Whereas Mark Walton just got cut from his second team (my Dolphins) after another domestic violence incident. He's an semi decent RB but not a great one so he is out of the league probably forever. Yet if he had the skill of Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara, or one of the other top RB's he'd still be around.

Ravens up 28-6 at the half.

Barring injury its hard to see any team in the AFC keeping them from the superbowl.

The NFL informed the Dallas Cowboys that both tripping calls in the game against the Patriots were wrong and should not have been called. The first set the Cowboys into a long yardage situation and led to the punt that was blocked, and the second negated a first down pass to Zeke on 2nd down that led to the overturned reception by Amari Cooper on 4th down that ended the Cowboys potential game winning drive in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. NFL officiating has been terrible this year, and here is another case where it impacted the outcome of a close game. Bad calls are part of the game, and it's no use crying over spilt milk, but the NFL needs to put a better product out there where officiating is concerned or it will eventually wear down interest in the game (and since there is a lot of money changing hands in legal wagering on games now and there is lot of gray area when it comes to the integrity of the game that could tarnish the NFL's rep even further). But it seems the modern NFL cannot get its act together on anything important these days.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Anyone who could argue for literal weeks straight against Colin Kaepernick, a guy who once put up 400 yards passing and 100 yards rushing in a playoff game... in a league with some of the players starting under center that are right now (this season has featured Gardner Minshew, Mason Rudolph, Josh Rosen, Luke Falk, Mitch Trubisky, Ryan Finley, Brandon Allen, Jeff Driskell, Case Keenum, Colt McCoy)...

I mean, I believe the expression is, "I think the lady doth protest too much."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

15/20 for 169 and 5 fuckin touchdowns is a sick stat line to pul. RG3 is out here getting reps against last seasons NFC Champion they're up so big.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Dalton is a far better "bridge" QB to Finley right now than Kaep could ever be simply because he knows the system. In the offseason with new teams you could argue that Kaep would be as good as Dalton but right now no.

And the shirt does matter. Imagine yourself walking into a job interview with a shirt that says "F**K you ______(whatever company your applying to." Thats basically what he did with his Kunta Kinte shirt. He is trying to imply he is a beaten slave who has been so horribly abused by wearing that shirt. Exactly the wrong message you want to send to the owners. But exactly the right message you want to send to SJW warriors who will side with you for social justice reasons rather than on the field reasons - you being a perfect example.

By the way I don't care that he kneeled. I disagree with his reasons but I applaud his method because its peaceful, non violent, and non looting. I'm a Dolphins fan and Kenny Stills kneeled from near day one. I rooted for him every day to have a big day because I care about winning not the kneeling. I think people that get upset over the act of protest vs the reason for protest are stupid because we should applaud a leader in the black community (which he certainly is) advocating peaceful protests vs burning and looting your neighborhood down.

My disagreements with the whole Kaep issue is as always that so many of you inflate his ability to more than it is. As I've said before he is Tim Tebow redux. Very skilled in some areas but very flawed in others and a media circus wherever he goes. Not worth the distraction and media circus he brings given his mediocre talent.

If he had the talent he'd still be in the league. Case in point since you brought up Tyreek Hill. He is one of the best receivers in the league so his talent outweighs the public relations hit you get by having him on the team. Whereas Mark Walton just got cut from his second team (my Dolphins) after another domestic violence incident. He's an semi decent RB but not a great one so he is out of the league probably forever. Yet if he had the skill of Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara, or one of the other top RB's he'd still be around.
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Anyone who could argue for literal weeks straight against Colin Kaepernick, a guy who once put up 400 yards passing and 100 yards rushing in a playoff game... in a league with some of the players starting under center that are right now (this season has featured Gardner Minshew, Mason Rudolph, Josh Rosen, Luke Falk, Mitch Trubisky, Ryan Finley, Brandon Allen, Jeff Driskell, Case Keenum, Colt McCoy)...

I mean, I believe the expression is, "I think the lady doth protest too much."
    He took that knee , that monster....

That trade the Rams did has really cost them. They traded Marcus Peters in a salary dump move to Baltimore and he's part of a big defense right now rolling along. The trade will cost the Rams the next 2 seasons in 1st rd draft picks and its not a ringing endorsement for Ramsay to stay as the team falls further behind the 49ers in NFC West.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I think it's safe to say the Rams are dead and won't make the postseason. At 6-5 and sputtering in third place in the highly competitive NFC West, L.A. will be watching the playoffs instead of participating in same.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just saw this on Facebook, and it made me chuckle:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think it's safe to say the Rams are dead and won't make the postseason. At 6-5 and sputtering in third place in the highly competitive NFC West, L.A. will be watching the playoffs instead of participating in same.
    The Rams have Arizona twice, at Dallas, Seattle, and at San Francisco in the last 5 weeks. That's... 3 playoff teams. The Cowboys might be currently leading the NFC (L)East, and Arizona is one of those "any given Sunday" teams who are oddly finally getting healthy in the final month.

Suffice to say, they are two games behind the Vikings and Packers as well, who are the 6 seed at 8-3 (and are getting hot). One of those teams is winning the NFC North, the other looks to be a Wild Card. The Packers' last weeks have the Giants, 'Skins, Lions, Bears, and Vikes. The Vikings have the Packers (duh, just said that), Seahawks, Chargers, Lions and Bears. The only playoff team Green Bay has is likely the Vikings, and the Vikings only have Green Bay and Seattle.

The NFC playoff picture might be locked in by the end of Week 16... but the deck looks stacked to where the Rams are gonna be enjoying an early vacation this year, and their Super Bowl Loss hangover is real.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.