Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
Results 331 to 341 of 341
  1. #331
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    So far it's working for Arizona... maybe not in the W/L/Tie column through two games... but they've got the first rookie QB to put up 300+ yards passing in his first two games since Cam Newton.


    Speaking of Cam Newton, just read on Deadspin that his foot is all jacked up, that's why he's played like hot garbage the first two games, and he's going to be out for awhile.


    The top comment on the story offers this:
    That makes three starting quarterbacks sidelined from injury, four if you count Sam Darnold with mono. Meanwhile, that mobile, talented quarterback who’s sitting at home will continue sitting at home. People need to stop beating the Kaepernick horse which is long dead because no team, and I repeat, NO TEAM will touch him, no matter how desperate or shorthanded they are at the position.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  2. #332
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,200

    Default

    I wonder if Christian Hackenberg can get back into the league.

  3. #333
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    5,301

    Default

    Its almost as if people just don't want Colin Kaepernick on their teams.

    Meanwhile, Joe Namath was the first famous QB the NFL ever had. He did commercials, showed up on TV series, movies, was a huge hit in popular culture. His stats tell half the story. The only comparable figures were Johnny Unitas and Bart Starr, and they were maybe half as famous. Joe was America's QB, prove me wrong!

    Ben is right there with Eli, on the bubble of getting in, probably will, but it will take a bunch of attempts.

    Ok last night was a pretty good game, I thought. For a Browns-Jets game, not bad. But man oh man it was hilarious when the broadcasters goofed a couple of times and referred to Mayfield as Manzel. LOL!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; Today at 11:04 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  4. #334
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I wonder if Christian Hackenberg can get back into the league.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already been called by somebody.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #335
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That makes three starting quarterbacks sidelined from injury, four if you count Sam Darnold with mono. Meanwhile, that mobile, talented quarterback who’s sitting at home will continue sitting at home. People need to stop beating the Kaepernick horse which is long dead because no team, and I repeat, NO TEAM will touch him, no matter how desperate or shorthanded they are at the position.
    Most teams wouldn't be able to handle the media distraction, and those that could are not in a position to need him.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  6. #336
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Who would you say are the ones that could? I think if Cam Newton went down for any serious amount of time the Panthers would be foolish to not try. But I don't know how receptive the Carolina community is to Kap's issues. Philly seemed like a possibility, but they grabbed McCown instead (more from a locker room would welcome him, but maybe his skill set didn't fit their play style).

  7. #337
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Farve was near the end of his career...i mean he had what 3-4 seasons before he faded away in Minnesota by the time Rothlisberger rose to fame. Again no one is saying Namath didn't play in an easy passing league given the rules of then. But saying Rothlisberger's career numbers aren't good enough with 2 Super Bowls to make it into Hall of Fame is silly. The idea other QB's shined somehow discounts Ben's accomplishments is silly. Its like if I said Dawson, Fouts and Unitas outshined Namath as his knee injuries got worse. It wouldn't hold up given what was accomplished.

    Here is Rothlisberger's accomplishments...








    There is more here...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Roethlisberger


    Yes Ben Rothlisberger isn't a good human being and really his off field shit is terrible to hear. But claiming his numbers and records don't matter because some other QB's was around is as silly as me claiming Fouts , Unitas and Starr outshined Namath so he doesn't deserve to be in Hall of Fame.
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I wasn’t saying he shouldn’t be in the Hall. I was saying he wasn’t more accomplished than Namath. He wasn’t
    To me, the Hall is about the history of the league.

    Joe Namath is in because of what he did and the place he played in the history of the NFL.

    As of right now, what has Ben done for the history of the league? Not really anything ... he's not better than Brady, or Manning, or Brees ... he didn't do anything historic that changed the league ...

    I think Eli deserves to be in before Ben in that regard. He took down the evil Patriots led by the GOAT Tom Brady, TWICE, in a SB. One of those teams was the vaunted 18-0 team. And he did it both times with flair.

    What is Ben's signature moment in the NFL for the average fan? His issues off the field ...

    30-40-50-100 years from now, do you really think people are going to talk about THAT ONE TIME Big Ben led the league in something or the fact that Eli beat Tom Brady twice in a SB?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  8. #338
    New old guy Surf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    What is Ben's signature moment in the NFL for the average fan? His issues off the field ...
    He's got 2 rings. Gonna be hard to keep him out past the second year of consideration. He's been more successful than his QB class mates, Eli and Phil Rivers. Phil Rivers is gonna be the debatable one, the man's never even sniffed the divisional round of the playoffs. Ben's a dirtbag but he's a HOF dirtbag.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

  9. #339
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    To me, the Hall is about the history of the league.

    Joe Namath is in because of what he did and the place he played in the history of the NFL.

    As of right now, what has Ben done for the history of the league? Not really anything ... he's not better than Brady, or Manning, or Brees ... he didn't do anything historic that changed the league ...

    I think Eli deserves to be in before Ben in that regard. He took down the evil Patriots led by the GOAT Tom Brady, TWICE, in a SB. One of those teams was the vaunted 18-0 team. And he did it both times with flair.

    What is Ben's signature moment in the NFL for the average fan? His issues off the field ...

    30-40-50-100 years from now, do you really think people are going to talk about THAT ONE TIME Big Ben led the league in something or the fact that Eli beat Tom Brady twice in a SB?
    Rothlisberger will be known for his toughness and ability to basically make come back throws with guys almost all over him. He took a large number of hits by hanging in pocket til the end.

    Again just because many of us never saw Rothlisberger or like him won't discount what he did on a football field. Which was win and get 2 rings.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  10. #340
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Rothlisberger will be known for his toughness and ability to basically make come back throws with guys almost all over him. He took a large number of hits by hanging in pocket til the end.

    Again just because many of us never saw Rothlisberger or like him won't discount what he did on a football field. Which was win and get 2 rings.
    This brings up the following question: will Roethlisberger say “Fuck it! I’m done!” and retire, or will he let ego and pride get the better of him and return next season, determined to go out on his terms and not because an injury derailed his season?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  11. #341
    Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This brings up the following question: will Roethlisberger say “Fuck it! I’m done!” and retire, or will he let ego and pride get the better of him and return next season, determined to go out on his terms and not because an injury derailed his season?
    And I believe when he opts to make that decision will have a huge effect on the Steelers' cap as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •