Page 154 of 155 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2317

I have two things to say - gratz Chiefs fans and ...

See, Rams, I told you not to give up Sammy Watkins! But did you listen ... no.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A lot of people are thinking Shanahan was trying to prove that Jimmy was a great QB and to shut critics up he could pull a Brady like drive out to win. Hell before the game Frank Clark literally taunted the 49ers to let the guy throw against them on twitter.

The gamble didn't work if Shanahan did this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fun SB Fact:

Patrick Mahomes became Super Bowl champion, Super Bowl MVP, two time Pro Bowl, first-team All-Pro, Most Valuable Player, Offensive Player of the Year, & NFL passing touchdowns leader in span of 2 years, joining several other legendary QBs to do all those in a 2 year span.

But he is the first and only one to do all that before the age of 25.

He is also the first and only QB to win the MVP and a ring before age 25.

Get ready for the the Magic Mahomes era!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-03-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

He also has the potential to be the fastest QB to 10,000 yards. He has four games to do it and 588 yards to go. He's also likely going to be the second fastest to 100 touchdowns if he maintains any consistency. He needs to just throw 24 touchdowns this season and he will have gotten there in 47 games. Dan Marino would still have the number 1 spot at 44 games, but he never won a Super Bowl, so there's that.

Last year another critic was Troy Aikman. During the season people posted that Mahomes had already threw like half the TDs Aikman had in his career.

Aikman told fans to wait til Mahomes won a Super Bowl before anything. Mission accomplished...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Congratulations Chiefs fan SuperCWFan1 and all other Chiefs fans that have been rewarded for their loyalty as Chiefs fans because the 2019 Chiefs ended their haven't won a Super Bowl in 50 years drought when they defeated the 49ers 31-20 in a dramatic competitive close great high scoring Super Bowl.

I was at the restaurant DJ's Dugout watching the Super Bowl which mostly had Chiefs fans, and 1 Chiefs fan was dressed as a Chief also he did have a fake spear. That did amaze me and will be most memorable about Super Bowl 54 for me along with the valiant 4th quarter Chiefs comeback win to win the Super Bowl in Miami.

Mahomes is the only NFL QB to have 3 double digit comeback wins in the same NFL Playoffs season.
    The Chiefs were able to comeback in the 4th to defeat the 49ers in the Super Bowl, and impressively they were able to limit the 49ers to 10 points for both the 1st half and 2nd half.

While I was wrong about the Chiefs defeating the Rams to win the Super Bowl because the Rams missed the Playoffs I'm still satisfied to see the Chiefs win the Super Bowl 31-20 defeating the 49ers with a valiant 4th Quarter comeback win.

The reason why I was confident for my pick the 2019 Chiefs winning the Super Bowl is that they would be like the 2012 Ravens a team that wins the Super Bowl the season after underachieving with a heartbreaking harrowing loss to the Patriots in a close afc championship game.
    I see that I was right, and similar to the 2012 Super Bowl Champions Ravens the 2019 Super Bowl Chiefs defeated the 49ers in a dramatic close great competitive Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The announcers all agreed...win or lose Andy Reid is a Hall of Fame coach. His coaching tree is vast across the league. His offenses always work to the people there.
    Andy Reid's resume is now easily HOF. Sure, "only" one ring, but with the total number of wins, playoff appearances, two Super Bowl Appearances and more goddamned appearances in Conference Championship games than most people even smell... AND that coaching tree.

He's in. His resume is better than Don Coryell's now. It's up there with a lot of other HoF coaches.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The announcers all agreed...win or lose Andy Reid is a Hall of Fame coach. His coaching tree is vast across the league. His offenses always work to the people there.
    A lot of people are thinking Shanahan was trying to prove that Jimmy was a great QB and to shut critics up he could pull a Brady like drive out to win. Hell before the game Frank Clark literally taunted the 49ers to let the guy throw against them on twitter.

If Kyle Shanahan retired today, his legacy is blowing two fourth-quarter leads that were two-possession advantages... with only half the fourth quarter left to play. 28-3 was still a 16-point lead with 8 minutes to go, and the 49ers were up by 10 when there was still seven minutes left on the clock.

His play-calling to throw the ball only bought both the Chiefs and Patriots more time in those two Super Bowls when he should have been using high-powered running games on Atlanta and now San Francisco to use the clock to his advantages. To say nothing of his clock management and how he used time-outs at the end of both halves.

That's the narrative for me, from a coaching standpoint. Never, ever let Kyle Shanahan have the lead in the 4th Quarter of a Super Bowl.

Oh, and not to bury the lede with another fun statistic... Kansas City became the first team in NFL history to over come double-digit point deficits in three playoff games to win a Super Bowl. There are QBs whose legend is built as "Captain Comeback", and I think that moniker will be firmly in the hands of Patrick Mahomes for the next several years now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Last year another critic was Troy Aikman. During the season people posted that Mahomes had already threw like half the TDs Aikman had in his career.

Aikman told fans to wait til Mahomes won a Super Bowl before anything. Mission accomplished...
    Aikman IMO is one of the most overrated QB's in the history of the NFL. He was good but not great and definitely not Hall of Fame worthy. Any good QB playing behind one of the best offensive lines in NFL history, with Emmitt Smith as the RB, and a great defense is going to look good and win titles. You could have subbed in at least 10-15 other QB's playing in that era and gotten the same results.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 02-03-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Oh, and not to bury the lede with another fun statistic... Kansas City became the first team in NFL history to over come double-digit point deficits in three playoff games to win a Super Bowl. There are QBs whose legend is built as "Captain Comeback", and I think that moniker will be firmly in the hands of Patrick Mahomes for the next several years now.
    I like Mahomes but he has a decade or more of playing before he can be mentioned in the same breathe as Dan Marino or Tom Brady for comeback wins.

He's off to a hell of start on the ascension!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Andy Reid's resume is now easily HOF. Sure, "only" one ring, but with the total number of wins, playoff appearances, two Super Bowl Appearances and more goddamned appearances in Conference Championship games than most people even smell... AND that coaching tree.

He's in. His resume is better than Don Coryell's now. It's up there with a lot of other HoF coaches.
    Don Coryell!?!?!? At least Coryell has a style of offense named after him. How bout Reid's resume is better than Bill Cowher who just got in with not NEARLY as many Conference Championship game appearances. Some of those early Steeler seasons weren't even 8-8, the cult of personality is what was a big factor in getting Cowher into the HOF, by that same logic Tomlin is a HOF'er already...

I'm so glad Kyle Shanahan is getting the run he's getting for being shook playcaller for the second Superbowl now. I felt he gave up on the Falcons in that Superbowl, he even made Jimmy G kinda,sorta look not AS bad. Best believe though he's still a pedestrian QB and no where near what he's worth being paid. 100+ mil to checkdown every other time you got the ball is good work if you can get it I guess (that last chest pass was hilarious though). He's going to get side-eyes from a whole lot more brothas next season after that coaching performance, here's hopin' at least.

Shoutout to Kelcee boys. I know Eagles Jason Kelce and I'm familiar with 'Roller' aka Travis Kelce but it just hit me during the NFLN postgame they were brothers (I knew I knew that at some point). Primetime even said their dad big Ed was steppin' like George Jefferson today with both boys having Superbowl rings. I'm with him when he's right.

Last edited by Surf; 02-03-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Dan Fouts and others all have said Coryell deserves it. That Chiefs offense...that is Don Coryell inspired. Fouts in a special called "Missing Rings" said he could have stepped into the LA Rams huddle and ran the same plays. Everything seemingly was inspired by Coryell's system. So for what he brought to the league we see with these spread formations etc , Coryell deserves to go in at some point. Its wrong he's not so long.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Aikman IMO is one of the most overrated QB's in the history of the NFL. He was good but not great and definitely not Hall of Fame worthy. Any good QB playing behind one of the best offensive lines in NFL history, with Emmitt Smith as the RB, and a great defense is going to look good and win titles. You could have subbed in at least 10-15 other QB's playing in that era and gotten the same results.

In the Pregame , Jimmy Johnson made a point to say that Aikman had a great arm and could have threw for 4,000+ yards a season if the Cowboys wanted. They had Irvin , Harper and Novacek awhile so they could have lit it up. Its just Jimmy wanted a ball control system with his defense and while they could air it out , this worked for them. Its why Johnson said Shanahan should stick with run game and pound it and rely on defense.

What amazed me about the Super Bowl was how matter of fact both Mahomes and Reid seemed right after the game ended. For all you could tell, Reid was about to talk about how it was a good win but they had to now focus on next week. Just amazing discipline and control that man has, and respect of the team obviously.

Compare that to the 49ers who, upon getting one lousy interception, the whole team ran to the opposite end zone and created a team photo op. Focus. Lost.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    What amazed me about the Super Bowl was how matter of fact both Mahomes and Reid seemed right after the game ended. For all you could tell, Reid was about to talk about how it was a good win but they had to now focus on next week. Just amazing discipline and control that man has, and respect of the team obviously.

Compare that to the 49ers who, upon getting one lousy interception, the whole team ran to the opposite end zone and created a team photo op. Focus. Lost.
    Well this isn't the 1st time a team believed that they were gonna win leaving too much time on the clock. In watching "Missing Rings" the Bengals in 1988 had a lead over the 49ers with less than a minute and half. A fact that Collingsworth would tell Wyche they left too much time for Montana. The Bengals ownership thought they had won the game and team personnel began wheeling the celebration stuff into locker room. All while Montana started to drive.

Boomer was on the sideline as he claims as he had been contacted before the game by the Walt Disney company. They had wanted to film a spot of "I'm going to Disney World..." Anyhow he kept slowly rehearsing the line as they waited on time to go off the clock watching Joe. Then as he threw the winning TD the Disney folks went over to Montana to film the spot.

Shanahan doesn't late outside influences from "critics" dictate how he prepares for a game. He's not that stupid, nor is his skin that soft. Watch his pressers. He really does have tunnel vision when it comes to those things. Even if that was true, he would have let Jimmy pass the ball down the field before the two minute mark with a minute and a half and two timeouts in his pocket. But he was content to run the clock out, and only advanced the ball after a long run by Coleman, and there was barely any time left at that point. Only a nullified pass to George Kittle.

I'm not sure where you heard that narrative, but it's laughably bogus for anyone that has watched the 49ers consistently this year.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 02-04-2020 at 02:15 AM.