Page 19 of 155 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Big Ben is done
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Big Ben is done
    We'll see, but I'm ready for the Mason Rudolph experience.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I'm looking at the NE/Miami stat line and it's.....just......brutal.

Fitzpatrick had only 89 yards passing, and 128 Int return yards. A Passer rating of 23.8, and the wonky E!SPN "We hate the WC Offense" rating of 3.1. Passer rating differential was 100.9.

Only the fact that New England was missing 3 of the intended O-line starters from the game kept the score as close as it was.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Bills looking good. Josh Allen making some good throws. Frank Gore.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Fantastic Member

Ominous time to turn on the Philly/Atlanta game and see a chart showing Wentz, Desean Jackson, Nelson Alighor and a fourth Eagle all injured in this game although Wentz is back on the field. Not sure if he missed any plays.

Atlanta outbirded the birds for the first time in years

Meanwhile, once again the Saints get a bad call and thats the story. Is the media at fault for this or the Saints? The game was decided when Brees went out, man
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-15-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    We'll see, but I'm ready for the Mason Rudolph experience.
    He looked good overall, but the Steelers need an overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    He looked good overall, but the Steelers need an overhaul.
    Given my feelings about Big Ben, an enema would be the appropriate tactic.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The 49ers nutted on the Bengals. I was quite pleased with the results. 572 offensive yards, including 259 rushing yards. Jimmy G threw 3 touchdowns, and wasn't sacked once. The defense played strong, and even though the final score was 41-17, the last touchdown came with like 50 seconds left in garbage time. After the 7-7 tie, the 49ers never looked back. Defense largely played well, Deebo Samuel looked good as a rook, Matt Breida and Raheem Mostert both looked fabulous as runners, and George Kittle was a monster as a run blocker in addition to making some solid grabs. The only that thing that really was a bummer was that Joe Staley broke his fibula. Now he's out 6 to 8 weeks, and his replacement is a 6th round rookie that looked bad against backups in the preseason. Shanahan is going to have to figure something out.

Despite the setback, feels good being a fan of a 2-0 team, and more importantly a team that did it on the road. The Steelers are next week for the home opener, and I feel a lot better about that game now. Big Ben might not play, and even if he did the Steelers overall just look like a lackluster squad with it's glory days behind them.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 09-16-2019 at 02:46 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Atlanta outbirded the birds for the first time in years
    Hours later and Julio Jones is STILL running. Damned frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Meanwhile, once again the Saints get a bad call and thats the story. Is the media at fault for this or the Saints? The game was decided when Brees went out, man
    Sure, New Orleans WAS jobbed, no denying that, but they lost because Teddy Bridgewater looked like ****.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Is Josh Rosen that much worse than over-the-hill Fitz? Or are they afraid they will win and not have the #1 pick for Tua next year. Granted 102 points againts in 2 weeks says their D will give away games anyway. Curious how if the fans in Miami are calling for rosen as much as the Giants fans want Jones?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is Josh Rosen that much worse than over-the-hill Fitz? Or are they afraid they will win and not have the #1 pick for Tua next year. Granted 102 points againts in 2 weeks says their D will give away games anyway. Curious how if the fans in Miami are calling for rosen as much as the Giants fans want Jones?
    Dolphins have a brutal early schedule, I'm guessing they ride Fitz through that and then try and showcase Rosen.

But....Rosen is a terrible QB also.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Dolphins have a brutal early schedule, I'm guessing they ride Fitz through that and then try and showcase Rosen.

But....Rosen is a terrible QB also.
    Is he. He was on an awful Arizona team with a bad coach. I'd like to see them give him a chance. The have literally nothing to loose right now.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Rosen looked much better than Fitz

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Maybe the Dolphins know that Rosen would get beaten up and play badly behind a team that really can't compete in this stretch of games. Maybe the game plan is to bring him in with really a weaker schedule and an offensive line that may play better later. Because right now Rosen would look worse with what we have seen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.