Page 104 of 155 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2317
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its hard for me to feel sad for Colts fans who for nearly 20 years was blessed with great QB play , playoffs and even Super Bowl appearances by Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. I mean for like 20 seasons Colts fans had 1 sure fire Hall of Fame QB in Peyton. Then one who could have been a Hall of Fame QB in Luck had his health not gotten him.

I mean you guys have won a lot. Try being a middle of the road average team who doesn't have a Hall of Fame QB taking you to a Super Bowl in 25+ seasons and feel the pain awhile. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I have to wonder if Larry Fitzgerald will return for a 17th season next year. If he does it will be fun to say he played for 3 decades (2000's , 2010's and 2020) . Also after today Fitzgerald is now 72 yards away from 17,000+ career receiving yards. Which is a hell of a feat.
    The old guys this season have been fun to watch. Fitzgerald played in a losing effort but is still catching passes across the middle in traffic. Petersen gets 99 yards in a crazy winning effort. Gore catching and running and making a difference in Buffalo.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Its hard for me to feel sad for Colts fans who for nearly 20 years was blessed with great QB play , playoffs and even Super Bowl appearances by Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. I mean for like 20 seasons Colts fans had 1 sure fire Hall of Fame QB in Peyton. Then one who could have been a Hall of Fame QB in Luck had his health not gotten him.

I mean you guys have won a lot. Try being a middle of the road average team who doesn't have a Hall of Fame QB taking you to a Super Bowl in 25+ seasons and feel the pain awhile. lol

Could be worse. You could live in Cincinnati.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Could be worse. You could live in Cincinnati.
    I thank my lucky stars at least the Hunt family has hired some solid coaches in the 90's , 2000's and 2010's. I'd love if they ever got past their personal curse but its KC. They aren't destined to win come playoff time.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Jacksonville has decided to go ahead and start Minshew this coming week according to a report. This has to be the weirdest thing ever. Foles rushed back to try and finish the season from a bad injury. Only to have the team literally push him to the side after he did this. Also now there is talk Jacksonville could let Foles go after this season.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Jacksonville has decided to go ahead and start Minshew this coming week according to a report. This has to be the weirdest thing ever. Foles rushed back to try and finish the season from a bad injury. Only to have the team literally push him to the side after he did this. Also now there is talk Jacksonville could let Foles go after this season.
    While it would be shocking for Jacksonville to give up on Foles after just one season, it’s not surprising, at least not to Eagles fans long used to the knowledge that Foles has been considerably less than successful away from Philly. Why that is, I have no idea.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

There are still a few teams that will be desperate for another QB option next year. (Cincinnatti, Miami, Washington, Denver, off the top of my head.)

Worse case scenario, the Eagles sign him back as a backup again without having to break the bank to do so.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Reports said it is Minshew for the rest of the season, not just this coming week. Jaguars are saying the healing collar bone prevents Foles from being as mobile as he needs to be as they are currently set up form an offensive stand point so they are going with Minshew. However due to the guaranteed money in Foles contract, they won't save anything (less than a million) if they cut him and very little if they trade him (less than $5 million) and the dead money they carry from him will nearly cripple their ability to sign anyone of substance in the off-season, so it seems likely they will keep him one more year (when all the guaranteed money comes off the books and they can cut or trade him without crippling their cap numbers) but possibly as the back-up to Minshew. It's a lot to pay for a back up, but they would pay just as much for an empty roster spot if they cut or trade him because of the contact's structure.

It's just a bad signing all around for them, not just signing him without considering his injury history, but structuring it so it is financially crippling to get out of the contract for the first 2 years.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    It's just a bad signing all around for them, not just signing him without considering his injury history, but structuring it so it is financially crippling to get out of the contract for the first 2 years.

-M
    That many years of Blake Bortles can make any team desperate.

To be fair no one thought Foles would suffer a broken collar bone in week 1. He had been healthy for the most part the last few seasons. It was a freak deal. Its like how Mahomes got lucky his knee was just a simple dislocation. It could have been worse for him.

In 2019 , coming into the off-season Foles was considered the best option to sign in free agency. I mean the world wasn't exactly demanding Ryan Tannehill then or Case Keenum as both were traded. In the draft there was 2-3 QB's and all 3 are going through growing pains as we see. So the Jaguars were in a position where they needed a QB. Foles was the best option in 2019 if a team wanted a good veteran winning QB.

Can't really blame Foles for going to J-Ville for more money than he would have gotten in Philadelphia. He pretty much maxed out on NFL fame on February 4, 2018. But I'm not sure I'd characterize him as an uncategorical winner - maybe more of an underdog winner. He might have flourished better had he gone to somewhere else as a backup rather than the starter. Then ended up having to prove his worth (again) when the main guy got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There are still a few teams that will be desperate for another QB option next year. (Cincinnatti, Miami, Washington, Denver, off the top of my head.)

Worse case scenario, the Eagles sign him back as a backup again without having to break the bank to do so.
    Cincinnati won't sign him. Dalton won against the Jets. He is going to win maybe two more games this year. Mike Brown will think everything is fine with the qb slot and keep Dalton on with a big time deal. Then waste the first round pick on a punter or something.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I do feel for Foles. Its like events conspire against him . Years ago he went to the Rams and was saddled with Jeff Fisher and his terrible offensive system. Then after he told that entire preseason how the team was his and they were gonna stick by him ; weeks in Fisher benches him . All to get Jared Goff so he could almost ruin him as we saw.

Then Foles goes to Jacksonville and gets injured in week 1 and loses this season more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Cincinnati won't sign him. Dalton won against the Jets. He is going to win maybe two more games this year. Mike Brown will think everything is fine with the qb slot and keep Dalton on with a big time deal. Then waste the first round pick on a punter or something.
    LOL. Maybe not a punter, but yeah, I can see them blowing it on a top WR or OT that they think will fix their whole offense and "return Dalton to greatness" when he hasn't had any.

Andy Dalton is a fairly handsome guy for a redhead, though!