Page 151 of 155 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2317

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    New Orleans huh, well the next 5 games combined he threw 3 TD's and 3 Int's and averaged about 188 yds per game, aye. Actually an awesome stat line, if you're Ryan Tannehill. Look, your team is a monster, Grabass is just simply the least scary part of that monster.

Garapalloo's arm, Mahomes arm, Chefs D, 9er's D. 1 of these things isn't like the others. 9er front is strong but they haven't faced a QB like Mahomes since, oh since that Lamar guy that beat them.

San Francisco is a force but they are not some breakaway slam dunk. Opening line btw is Chefs at -1.5
    Hmmm? We're moving the goalposts now? If we're gonna cherry pick, how about the three games before New Orleans when he had 7 touchdowns and 1 interception averaging 280 yards a game? He went toe to toe with an elite QB on the road. End of story. But if you want to shift the focus to the next few games the 49ers have gone 4-1 with him since that game in New Orleans, making plays when it mattered, which ultimately all that does matter. Not his fantasy football numbers.

"Haven't faced a QB like Mahomes since Lamar". Uhh...Russell Wilson bro? Who will probably finish second in the MVP race, and bested Mahomes a year ago, is a real pushover? Lamar just lost to Ryan Tannehill's squad at home.

Shanahan is 4-20 without Jimmy. He just helps the team win, and that is the "scariest part" of any team, the ability to consistently win.

Never insinuated that the 49ers were a slam dunk to win, I'm talking about Jimmy. I'm saying that the doubts about Jimmy's ability to step up, when he's already done so a few times this season (especially in last few games of the season when the 49ers defensively were hurting) has already been on display. Yet folks are still "Errmm...I dunno...he didn't throw 50 touchdowns though...."
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 01-22-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Not the biggest Cowherd fan, but he makes some good points here.

Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 01-21-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Hmmm? We're moving the goalposts now? If we're gonna cherry pick, how about the three games before New Orleans when he had 7 touchdowns and 1 interception averaging 280 yards a game? He went toe to toe with an elite QB on the road. End of story. But if you want to shift the focus to the next few games the 49ers have gone 4-1 with him since that game in New Orleans, making plays when it mattered, which ultimately all that does matter. Not his fantasy football numbers.

"Haven't faced a QB like Mahomes since Lamar". Uhh...Russell Wilson bro? Who will probably finish second in the MVP race, and bested Mahomes a year ago, is a real pushover? Lamar just lost to Ryan Tannehill's squad at home.

Shanahan is 4-20 without Jimmy. He just helps the team win, and that is the "scariest part" of any team, the ability to consistently win.

Never insinuated that the 49ers were a slam dunk to win, I'm talking about Jimmy. I'm saying that the doubts about Jimmy's ability to step up, when he's already done so a few times this season (especially in last few games of the season when the 49ers defensively were hurting) has already been on display. Yet folks are still "Errmm...I dunno...he didn't throw 50 touchdowns though...."
    Nobody moved no goalposts. That's not how that works. YOU the one who 'cherry' picked out the New Orleans game as some marker. Same New Orleans team that Kirk Cousins walked over mind you. Russell Wilson yes, he sure was better than Jim G that day- cause he had to be, and that 4 or 5 point win whatever it was, wasn't due to the 9er QB.

So that's just it, "Shanahan being 4-20 without Jimmy" is more of reason the 49ers are playing in the Superbowl than Grabassess play on the field since the ACL. Without that Jimmy ACL tear there is no Bosa. No Deebo.

My only contention is Jim G is an average to below average QB on a very strong team otherwise, that's it. Sure Nick Mullens thinks he's the **** but c'mon. Better than Trent Dilfer if it helps.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Not the biggest Cowherd fan, but he makes some good points.
    That's about the most perfect summary of any Cowherd take he's ever made

Huge Chiefs fan since January 19th here.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think a reason why many are looking bigger at Mahomes than Jimmy Garapalloo is more due to the fact that Pat Mahomes has personally carried KC on his back the entire playoffs it seems. The team gets behind and #15 dons his Superman suit and starts to rally em back and shocking people along the way. That AFC Championship comeback win was all Mahomes really as he ran and threw the ball all over the field.

Garapalloo doesn't have to really carry the 49ers much at all. They have 2 big factors that help them. A big time running attack and a big time defense as we see. He doesn't have to really rally the team back and everyone depends on him like we have seen from Mahomes. He's a solid QB sure and given the 49ers defense they likely will beat KC unless Mahomes has another magical game (if he has 1 more in the season to do).

But as a Chiefs fan Pat Mahomes I can now say it is a magical guy. As Mick Foley once said as ECW fans sang along to Enter Sandman back years earlier at ECW ONS .."They believe because he believes.." .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Does anybody think this will be a good game? I don't.

I think much past the 1st quarter, whoever is leading will keep it.

Either it's a 28-10 defensive showing for the 49ers or a 49-28 blowout for the Chiefs.

I'll be happily shocked if it's a good game.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Does anybody think this will be a good game? I don't.

I think much past the 1st quarter, whoever is leading will keep it.

Either it's a 28-10 defensive showing for the 49ers or a 49-28 blowout for the Chiefs.

I'll be happily shocked if it's a good game.
    And ironically, at the moment, it's the first Super Bowl whose line in Vegas is "Pick 'em".
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And ironically, at the moment, it's the first Super Bowl whose line in Vegas is "Pick 'em".
    I get that. I don't know who to pick either.

I'm just saying I don't think it's going to be a good game. It's either going to be the Niners slow crawling a defensive blowout or the Chiefs blowing the doors off the game. I think we'll know after the 1st quarter which way it's going.

It's not going to be a Tommy Touchdown comebacker, a helmet catch wonder, a gimme FG wide right, or a game ending INT. I really think it's going to be a one-sided affair. More like a Legion of Boom or Purple Pain thumping or a Favre air show.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-23-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I get that. I don't know who to pick either.

I'm just saying I don't think it's going to be a good game. It's either going to be the Niners slow crawling a defensive blowout or the Chiefs blowing the doors off the game. I think we'll know after the 1st quarter which way it's going.

It's not going to be a Tommy Touchdown comebacker, a helmet catch wonder, a gimme FG wide right, or a game ending INT. I really think it's going to be a one-sided affair. But more like a Legion of Boom or Von Miller thumping or a Favre air show.
    "Flip a coin for who wins a blowout".

I agree.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Yah I think it will be a good game. Bosa chasing Mahomes all over the place, the ghosts of Derrick Thomas and Kevin Ross stuffing 3rd and ones, Garappolo finding out if he's Steve Young or Steve Bono.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I'm actually looking pretty forward to it. This has been one of the best NFL Playoffs I've ever seen.

Bonus points for all thine enemy's of the House of Colts have been spited this far save for this last one.

I have no doubts that the best two teams in both conferences are here, that's all I've ever needed.

Now I don't care much for either team or feel first about long suffering fanbases but that is an aside.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Nobody moved no goalposts. That's not how that works. YOU the one who 'cherry' picked out the New Orleans game as some marker. Same New Orleans team that Kirk Cousins walked over mind you. Russell Wilson yes, he sure was better than Jim G that day- cause he had to be, and that 4 or 5 point win whatever it was, wasn't due to the 9er QB.

So that's just it, "Shanahan being 4-20 without Jimmy" is more of reason the 49ers are playing in the Superbowl than Grabassess play on the field since the ACL. Without that Jimmy ACL tear there is no Bosa. No Deebo.

My only contention is Jim G is an average to below average QB on a very strong team otherwise, that's it. Sure Nick Mullens thinks he's the **** but c'mon. Better than Trent Dilfer if it helps.
    Defensive ends don't get teams to Super Bowls. Same with receivers. Can you name one? The 49ers would still be a losing squad if they had Bosa, Kittle, Sherman, Samus, and everyone else except a decent QB. Look at Denver What has Von Miller done in terms of guiding the Broncos to winning seasons since Manning retired? Look at Larry Fitzgerald. For all his greatness, he can't leapfrog the obstacle of the franchise not having a quality passer. A good QB is the most important factor in a team getting far. Jimmy is a good one. Not a great one, but he's a good one. This is a guy that took a team of scrubs on a 5 game winning streak in 2017 with a piece meal offense he had to learn in two weeks.

Did you watch the Seahawks game? Jimmy G was passing all over Seattle going 18/22 for nearly 300, and the only reason the game was close is because the 49ers defense, still injured, couldn't stop Wilson late in the game. Seattle is just that one team you can never blow out either. A terrible call on the offense for an illegal man downfield killed the 49ers on their second to last offensive drive, giving the Seahawks the ball back and a chance to go for the kill. The last 5 games of the regular season the 49ers defense was bad giving up 20 plus points in each one. Jimmy is the reason things didn't completely fall off.

And Cousins didn't walk over New Orleans. He had one touchdown in OT. The Saints crumbling had more to do with why they lost the game. The Minnesota defense killed the Saints upfront all game. The Saints were for real this year, and looked like the best team in the NFC the last few weeks of the season. A loss in the playoffs doesn't change that. Just like Baltimore's loss to the Titans means they were frauds.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 01-27-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think a reason why many are looking bigger at Mahomes than Jimmy Garapalloo is more due to the fact that Pat Mahomes has personally carried KC on his back the entire playoffs it seems. The team gets behind and #15 dons his Superman suit and starts to rally em back and shocking people along the way. That AFC Championship comeback win was all Mahomes really as he ran and threw the ball all over the field.

Garapalloo doesn't have to really carry the 49ers much at all. They have 2 big factors that help them. A big time running attack and a big time defense as we see. He doesn't have to really rally the team back and everyone depends on him like we have seen from Mahomes. He's a solid QB sure and given the 49ers defense they likely will beat KC unless Mahomes has another magical game (if he has 1 more in the season to do).

But as a Chiefs fan Pat Mahomes I can now say it is a magical guy. As Mick Foley once said as ECW fans sang along to Enter Sandman back years earlier at ECW ONS .."They believe because he believes.." .
    Mahomes is a better player. Of course. It's just funny hearing people saying "Jimmy can't carry the team" when he has at various points in the season already. But that's not a surprise. Unless you are a 49ers fan, following the team, watching every game from start to finish, you're just going to have a cliffnotes version of his performance in games. A lot of box score scouting instead of actually watching.