Page 108 of 155 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2317

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    A San Francisco radio show host said that dark skin with a dark football gives Lamar Jackson an advantage at faking handoffs. And ... he was suspended for it.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/04/san-f...-skin-comment/

Yeah, I'm done for the day.

People are stupid.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

A San Francisco radio show host said that dark skin with a dark football gives Lamar Jackson an advantage at faking handoffs. And ... he was suspended for it.

He may actually be right. It doesn't make it unfair or anything because it is what it is but its really the same basic concept as why some college teams, especially ones like Boise State, will wear colors to make them blend into the field.

But in today's cancel culture and easily triggered outrage you can't say anything like this even if your right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Because that was a fucking stupid thing to have said.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Cowboys defense looks like garbage tonight.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There have been plenty of white QBs who were great at play action to RBs. Boomer Esasion is considered a great QB with that. Sam Wyche built a lot of what Bengals ran around Boomers skill at that.

Sounds like something stupid people would say about black QBs. There has been a number of silly absurd horse ****.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Because that was a fucking stupid thing to have said.
    Yep. Heaven forbid we give Jackson any actual credit for being good at what he does.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Damn, I've changed my mind. With as bad as the Cowboys have been I still thought they'd take a very weak division. But they just keep getting worse. I think the Eagles wrangle it and Dallas misses the playoffs entirely. Which will make me laugh and laugh.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Damn, I've changed my mind. With as bad as the Cowboys have been I still thought they'd take a very weak division. But they just keep getting worse. I think the Eagles wrangle it and Dallas misses the playoffs entirely. Which will make me laugh and laugh.
    In theory, Washington could get the division at 7-9. I wish I was lying, but somebody told me this could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    In theory, Washington could get the division at 7-9. I wish I was lying, but somebody told me this could happen.
    At this point, whichever team in that division can get to 7-9 will win it. Cowboys need to beat the Eagles and the Eagles need to beat the Cowboys and one other team to take it. Essentially, whoever wins the rematch between the Eagles and the Cowbys will likely take the division regardless of what their final record is.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There have been plenty of white QBs who were great at play action to RBs. Boomer Esasion is considered a great QB with that. Sam Wyche built a lot of what Bengals ran around Boomers skill at that.

Sounds like something stupid people would say about black QBs. There has been a number of silly absurd horse ****.
    If what he was saying was true, wouldn't every Cleveland QB be great at it, at least during home games? I mean, brown ball, brown uniform, right?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Yeah, I heard that too. While highly unlikely, that ridiculous scenario remains entirely possible given how awful NFC Least is as neither Dallas or Philly has put a stranglehold on the division.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If what he was saying was true, wouldn't every Cleveland QB be great at it, at least during home games? I mean, brown ball, brown uniform, right?
    Yeah its a stupid thing to believe. Uniform colors and someones color of their skin doesn't effect someone doing play action good enough to work. Baltimore has the #1 ranked rushing offense in the league. Mark Ingram has nearly 900 yards rushing and Gus Edwards has nearly 500. This isn't even counting Lamar Jackson who nearly has 1,000 yards rushing himself.

A reason play action works is Ingram and Edwards can carry the ball and are gaining over 5 yards a carry. This helps a lot to make teams buy into play action. So no its not Lamar Jackson's skin color or the uniforms or any other nonsense. If your team is talented at running the ball and your QB is solid enough at selling play action then its gonna work. Jackson is good at it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah its a stupid thing to believe. Uniform colors and someones color of their skin doesn't effect someone doing play action good enough to work. Baltimore has the #1 ranked rushing offense in the league. Mark Ingram has nearly 900 yards rushing and Gus Edwards has nearly 500. This isn't even counting Lamar Jackson who nearly has 1,000 yards rushing himself.

A reason play action works is Ingram and Edwards can carry the ball and are gaining over 5 yards a carry. This helps a lot to make teams buy into play action. So no its not Lamar Jackson's skin color or the uniforms or any other nonsense. If your team is talented at running the ball and your QB is solid enough at selling play action then its gonna work. Jackson is good at it.
    No one is saying he isn't a great QB. He deservedly is most likely going to win the MVP.

All anyone is saying that its a small extra advantage. No different than saying a left hander has a small advantage in some area of sports. Many have attributed some of Hall of Famers Steve Youngs success to being left handed because it throws off normal defensive schemes. Doesn't mean he didn't also have to work hard.

Just like being 6'4" is an advantage over being 5'10" at QB. That extra height doesn't take away from Tom Brady's accomplishments nor does that lack of height make Russell Wilson's any less (those are their heights by the way).

People need to stop being triggered over everything.

Or to give an even better example.

The MLB forbids pitchers gloves from being the same color as the ball because the ball is harder to see.

Lamar Jackson is great, barring a collapse at the end of the season or Russell Wilson overtaking him he is going to be the MVP. No is denying his skill. They are just bringing up one thing that may give him a slight advantage. Its not saying its the only reason he's good because if he was white with everything else being equal he'd still be in contention for MVP.