Page 12 of 155 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well after Miami's blowout loss it appears that a number of Dolphins players have pushed their agents to look at potential trades.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...-blowout-loss/
    Which of course the team is denying.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well after Miami's blowout loss it appears that a number of Dolphins players have pushed their agents to look at potential trades.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...-blowout-loss/
    Well, THAT certainly can't be good, but then, the situation in Miami was already fouled before yesterday's disaster, and things won't get any better with New England next on the schedule. If Baltimore, FAR from being an offensive juggernaut lit up the Fish for almost 60, god only knows what Tom Brady will do to them, especially now that he has a new toy in Antonio Brown. And you just KNOW Darth Hoodie will show no mercy to his former assistant Brian Flores. This game has bloodbath written all over it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, THAT certainly can't be good, but then, the situation in Miami was already fouled before yesterday's disaster, and things won't get any better with New England next on the schedule. If Baltimore, FAR from being an offensive juggernaut lit up the Fish for almost 60, god only knows what Tom Brady will do to them, especially now that he has a new toy in Antonio Brown. And you just KNOW Darth Hoodie will show no mercy to his former assistant Brian Flores. This game has bloodbath written all over it.
    Well Belichick wants to win of course. He's a coach and beating a former assistant doesn't matter really. Its just how he feels towards Flores that matters here. Because for every assistant and executive who leaves the team some are on his good side. He wants to win games sure , but the ones on his good side get his approval and some things at times. When Scott Pioli left to be GM of Kansas City , Bill traded Matt Cassel and Matt Vrabel for really nothing combined. He could have likely got a 1st for Cassel elsewhere given how solid he played in that season Brady was injured.

But he clearly liked Pioli and traded both guys for a 2nd rd pick which made me many do a ...ahhh ok . He could have moved Vrabel for another draft pick as well. But he liked him and decided to send Cassel there.

Now guys Bill doesn't like who left...Eric Mangini. That guy pretty much left and Belichick wasn't pleased. But it was when Mangini decided to report New England for the whole taping practices deal that Belichick wrote him off. It happened over a decade ago and he still won't speak to him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Looking at some highlights from around the league, noting that in Bruce Arians' debut with Tampa Bay, the supposed reclamation project on a certain crab burglar did not go well. Jameis Winston's tendency to commit stupid turnovers was on display, and he threw 3 INTs, including two pick-sixes.
    It's easy to nominate some guys who had the 'worst day ever' if they have some precedence but I think Crab Leg Kid and Adam Vinatieri legit have a strong case. I have never been a Jameis fan but I always thought he had ability. I fly the black QB flag but he's not helped the cause in any way form or fashion at this point. If Bruce Arians and half a dozen black coaches on staff can't help you from looking like Matt Schaub out there well... Tyrod Taylor is now a holder for God sake so.

Shoutout to Kyler Murray and your Cards WBE, I never want to see Larry Fitzgerald gone from the league but hopefully the young kid puts a little pop into an otherwise slog of a final season for him.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Arians is there to see if Winston is worth salvaging for next season. Unless things pick up he's likely not gonna last. And blasting Matt Schaub is silly in this case. Schaub was not a 1st rd pick when he came into the league. He was a 3rd rd QB who really wasn't expected to be a starter behind Michael Vick. Its just...he was a better passing QB than Vick and he was traded to Houston where he actually led them to a few solid seasons. (before injuries took him down).

Winston would love to be a pre-injury Matt Schaub right now. The guy with Texans through 2009-2012 where the team actually won its division twice and made it into the playoffs.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Well Belichick wants to win of course. He's a coach and beating a former assistant doesn't matter really. Its just how he feels towards Flores that matters here. Because for every assistant and executive who leaves the team some are on his good side. He wants to win games sure , but the ones on his good side get his approval and some things at times. When Scott Pioli left to be GM of Kansas City , Bill traded Matt Cassel and Matt Vrabel for really nothing combined. He could have likely got a 1st for Cassel elsewhere given how solid he played in that season Brady was injured.

But he clearly liked Pioli and traded both guys for a 2nd rd pick which made me many do a ...ahhh ok . He could have moved Vrabel for another draft pick as well. But he liked him and decided to send Cassel there.

Now guys Bill doesn't like who left...Eric Mangini. That guy pretty much left and Belichick wasn't pleased. But it was when Mangini decided to report New England for the whole taping practices deal that Belichick wrote him off. It happened over a decade ago and he still won't speak to him.
    Mangini was also trying to poach players for his new gig before the old one was over. The Pats blame Dieon Branch's contract issues that season on Mangini's pitch while on the team plane. Plus Bill tried to warn him away from the Jets in the first place - it's one organization you can say almost nobody in NE has anything good to say about.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Arians is there to see if Winston is worth salvaging for next season. Unless things pick up he's
    Oh, Rly. Man... Ed Werder, watch the F out, Supe is all over it.

Stop with the excuses (in your case, continue please, with Wikipedia-esque excuses). Mike Vick had nothing to do with Schaub's career as an NFL QB.

Matt Schaub might be an absolute Prince of a man. He might better be cause as an NFL QB he was half a bum. I say only half because he gets credit for looking like Al Bundy out there. I was a big fan of that show. 1- Matt Schaub is known most notably for being a pick-6 machine. Of which Crab Leg tried his best to emulate against the 9ers, a loose reference I'll grant but apt still.

I remember there was a stretch at the end when Houston moved on from him and I wanna say he was a Raider? Al Michael's talked up his recent scoring interception tendency and as soon as he did, BANG dude threw another pick-6. I laughed so damn hard my chest hurt. Not just for the entertainment part of it but the timing man, it was perfect. Also it was a call back from when he did it in Houston and I giggled then. I don't find Deion Sanders a great deal entertaining but he made a joke about Schaub and his wife being in the car talking about that and well, It was a little out of bounds, specially for somebody who has their own wife issues but that don't mean it wasn't funny as hell.

2- The Texans winning it's division twice in 20 years is like saying the Browns went 7-9, whoop-die-effing-doo is what I say to that. 40 year old Hasselbeck kicked the **** out of the Texans under the flu and a sever bout of diarrhea so there's your precedent.
    You bet yer ass.

Charles Woodson Jersey-Check

Hope that Derek Carr, Josh Jacobs, Daniel Carlson can help me come back from a 50 point hole in my FF league-CHeck

Optimism overflowing but the fear that its gunna be the same old song and dance yet again-check

Must be game day!

RAAAAAIIIIIIIIDDDDERRRRSSS
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Charles Woodson Jersey-Check
    Motherhood is the necessity of invention... or something to that effect.
    You bet yer ass.

Hey Oakland has a fair to middling shot to beat Denver. Denver is pretty inept. All the Raiders have to do is keep Von Miller at bay.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Oh, Rly. Man... Ed Werder, watch the F out, Supe is all over it.

Stop with the excuses (in your case, continue please, with Wikipedia-esque excuses). Mike Vick had nothing to do with Schaub's career as an NFL QB.
    Of course this had nothing at all to do with wikipedia but facts. Michael Vick then wasn't a good passing QB. He himself admitted he wasn't studying the play book and thought his athletic gifts could carry him beyond everything. Making excuses for Michael Vick years later for his run in Atlanta is silly. Schaub was a 3rd rd draft pick who wasn't expected to start at all. Vick would get banged up , Schaub would come in and execute the west coast system that the team ran. (a fact many then said Schaub worked it better than Vick , because he wasn't looking at 2 reads only and run if nothing was there)

Matt Schaub might be an absolute Prince of a man. He might better be cause as an NFL QB he was half a bum. I say only half because he gets credit for looking like Al Bundy out there. I was a big fan of that show. 1- Matt Schaub is known most notably for being a pick-6 machine. Of which Crab Leg tried his best to emulate against the 9ers, a loose reference I'll grant but apt still.
    Sure Schaub threw Ints , it happens. Yet he was a QB who had success before his injuries made him a backup (which he still is in Atlanta). He's a QB when healthy who had some solid seasons in Houston and played the west coast system pretty well. He had a longer career than most.

I remember there was a stretch at the end when Houston moved on from him and I wanna say he was a Raider? Al Michael's talked up his recent scoring interception tendency and as soon as he did, BANG dude threw another pick-6. I laughed so damn hard my chest hurt. Not just for the entertainment part of it but the timing man, it was perfect. Also it was a call back from when he did it in Houston and I giggled then. I don't find Deion Sanders a great deal entertaining but he made a joke about Schaub and his wife being in the car talking about that and well, It was a little out of bounds, specially for somebody who has their own wife issues but that don't mean it wasn't funny as hell.
    Sure that sounds funny , in looking Schaub was a backup that season in Oakland. One of the Int's thrown was a botched fake FG . But in the end the injuries took Schaub out as a starter. He became a better presence as a veteran backup QB as the Raiders wanted that season. (Derek Carr was the starter).

2- The Texans winning it's division twice in 20 years is like saying the Browns went 7-9, whoop-die-effing-doo is what I say to that. 40 year old Hasselbeck kicked the **** out of the Texans under the flu and a sever bout of diarrhea so there's your precedent.
    The Texans up til Schaub arrived at QB had never had a season above .500 . In fact one of the players claimed David Carr was holding the ball too long and it caused issues where he would take a big sack costing them as he looked for a deep throw. The team went from 6-10 before he arrived to 8-8 , then in 2009 to a winning record for them. Which I'm sure Houston was thankful for. Finally they won the division for 2 straight seasons.

Yep I'm sure a team that hadn't had a winning record since they were founded were like whoop de doo and all that , sure they were. This was their 1st success after 5 seasons of under .500 football.

Game of the week right there, easy. Saints overcome some potential controversy this time. Not to take away from Watson and the Texans. Great game.

Raiders march down the field and score like its nothing. Ouch.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-09-2019 at 07:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

aI've went ahead and offered a blood sacrafice to the Lord of the Pit, Al Davis to bless the Raiders with the W
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Hay guys can I take back my prediction that the Broncos might be average this year? Horrific start.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Burfict looking like...an actual D-Leader out there tonight....never thought I'd say that