Page 21 of 155 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I saw a blurb for the SI headline. This isn't good for him, since the presence of additional accusers pushes this past a case of " he said, she said" and into something more concrete. His chances of being suspended or placed on the exempt list just went up.

I've read elsewhere that the first accusation was covered by a nondisclosure agreement while terms were being discussed, and that didn't expire until the suit was filed - which would explain why the Patriots were unaware of it. It might have exempted his employer at the time negotiations started, but might not have allowed for any future changes in who was paying him.
    Brown's legal team has issued another blanket denial of misconduct in response to the new allegations. The second accuser, whose name hasn't been revealed, is neother seeking to press charges nor seeking remuneration, but said she chose to voice her experience to support Brittney Taylor to show she was not alone in her experiences with Brown.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I saw a blurb for the SI headline. This isn't good for him, since the presence of additional accusers pushes this past a case of " he said, she said" and into something more concrete. His chances of being suspended or placed on the exempt list just went up.

I've read elsewhere that the first accusation was covered by a nondisclosure agreement while terms were being discussed, and that didn't expire until the suit was filed - which would explain why the Patriots were unaware of it. It might have exempted his employer at the time negotiations started, but might not have allowed for any future changes in who was paying him.
    The second accuser is an artist who was painting him and alleges that AB was in house and walked out wearing nothing but a loin cloth while he had a convo with her. Creepy ****, but it’s not quite as serious as the rape allegation

The NFL is going to be forced to set precedence here ... and guys like Big Ben and AB are going to have to be put on notice that you'll be gone.

I don't see the NFL ignoring this one.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The second accuser saying that he walked out to her with only a loincloth on is relevant because thats the kind of thing the first accuser said he was doing at first, before it escalated on subsequent visits going into the assault/rape territory. It establishes a pattern, and frankly one consistent with the profile of a woman abuser type. Also, weirdly, I heard OJ stuck up for Brown. Wow.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Miami's defense looks to be historically BAD, having given up a whopping 102 points in just two games, the next closest teams in that department are the Giants and Deadskins at 63. Meanwhile, New England just might be in a spot of bother after having lost a third offensive lineman after LT Isaiah Wynn went down with a foot injury yesterday, joining C David Andrews (blood clots) and RT Marcus Cannon (shoulder). The Pats' success is pretty much predicated on keeping Tom Brady in one piece, if opponents start getting to Brady and roughing him up, things could get dicey for Darth Hoodie and company.
    Your ignoring the fact that the offense is throwing pick sixes like the second coming Matt Schaub so not all those points are on the defense. The defense actually played pretty good yesterday til midway through the 3rd quarter at which point they were beyond gassed due to the offense's constant three and outs. Then the offense threw back to back pick sixes and the team just gave up.

Not saying they are a great defense, just that on a team with a competent offense they could be a slightly below average defense.

Here's the Sports Illustrated article on Brown and the new allegations.

Sigh, I really am moved to not want him on my Patriots now. The mounting list of allegations only seems to hint this is only going to get worse.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

When the Dolphins traded their Pro Bowl star LB Kiko Alonso for the Saints backup LB we linda knew the defense was not gonna be that good.

They already had lost a number of pieces on that defense the last couple seasons. But the combination of trading away a star LT and Alonso on defense gutted this team.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

NFL News..

- Former 1st rd 2017 pick Taco Charlton of the Cowboys has vented online he wants traded. Charlton tweeted free me and later deleted it. But claimed he was frustrated after being declared inactive for the last 2 games.

- Jagaurs CB Jalen Ramsay demanded a trade after a sideline confrontation with coach Doug Marrone. Ramsay is a highly rated CB and wants to play a man to man scheme than zone he's been pushed into. Also he has said he plans to leave in free agency as he wants to save money on taxes and look at things outside football.

- Drew Brees will miss 6 weeks due to an injured hand he had surgery on.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

The Dolphins trade Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers for a 2020 1st round pick. Weird on the Steelers part. They just lost Big Ben, and that pick may go really high if the team lose a ton of more games. Would a safety really be the right direction to go if you have to rebuild? Guess they really think Mason is the future.

Yeah I don't think this is a good by the Steel City

I could see the Seahawks making a run for Ramsay
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is he. He was on an awful Arizona team with a bad coach. I'd like to see them give him a chance. The have literally nothing to loose right now.
    He is. His arm strength is not good and his accuracy is overrated. He will get a shitty draw having to prove himself on this Miami team, but it'd be true anywhere. He's not any good.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    The Dolphins trade Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers for a 2020 1st round pick. Weird on the Steelers part. They just lost Big Ben, and that pick may go really high if the team lose a ton of more games. Would a safety really be the right direction to go if you have to rebuild? Guess they really think Mason is the future.
    When Rudolph was selected the Steelers brass was very high on him. Claiming they felt he was the best QB in that class of 2018.

A lot of Steeler fans are thinking Rothlisberger will retire in 2020 after his surgery. Because he debated playing in pain back a year or 2 ago. So this maybe what drives him to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    When Rudolph was selected the Steelers brass was very high on him. Claiming they felt he was the best QB in that class of 2018.

A lot of Steeler fans are thinking Rothlisberger will retire in 2020 after his surgery. Because he debated playing in pain back a year or 2 ago. So this maybe what drives him to retire.
    They either have supreme confidence Rapistberger will be back or they have full faith in Rudolph as their QB of the future.

I keep seeing Rapistberger referred to as a future Hall of Famer should this be it for him but I don't see him getting in. Stat wise he's there but we also live in an era of inflated passing stats and we've seen how thats affected receivers who on stats alone should get in but aren't - Isaac Bruce for instance.

I see a glut of QB's coming into eligibility soon all with massive stats so to me the dividing line will be whether your considered one of the greatest players at your position and Ben isn't even close. Looking at his peers Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers will all be obviously considered before him. He overlaps with Kurt Warner and Brett Favre for the early parts of his career and Patrick Mahomes now. And then there a few short year wonders like Cam Newton or long time solid QB's like Matt Ryan who don't have the rings but will put up comparable stats by the end of their careers. He's not even close to be considered a top 5 QB of his generation and there are few years you would even consider him a top 5 QB that year. And he's always going to get lumped with Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers due all being drafted together and they have similar stats and Eli has the rings to match. Despite the lack of rings Rivers is probably the best QB of the three but he plays for bad luck Chargers.

Much like with Isaac Bruce I think the voters will end up rejecting him, Eli Manning, and Phillip Rivers barring River's somehow leading the Chargers to a superbowl. Eli has fallen off a cliff so I don't think there are any more titles in his future.

Rothlisberger will go in. If say Joe Namath with worse career stats and 1 Super Bowl goes in then its pretty clear Rothlisberger will make it in.