Page 13 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Hey Oakland has a fair to middling shot to beat Denver. Denver is pretty inept. All the Raiders have to do is keep Von Miller at bay.
    I was this close, THIS CLOSE today to taking up for the Broncos D. I decided its best to wait and see with all the unknown quantities and not to hang my hat on the past.

I'm glad I decided that. As far as week 1 performances goes, the Broncos are in the dregs with the Dolphins. And they're purposely tanking. The Steelers I give a little bit of rope because it was the Patriots in Foxboro. The Broncos got smoked by the Raiders in Oakland. Not comparable.

Oh I forgot the Browns too.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-09-2019 at 10:04 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Josh Jacobs runs cleans

2TDs and 100 yars on your rookie debut...not too shaby
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So is this John Elway's last season as GM unless the Broncos do anything ? His teams have struggled since Peyton retired and Wade Phillips left.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

If the Broncos don't improve I would think the leash would be over but I mean who knows, there is no solid owner in place right now anyway. Part of me thinks Ellis doesn't make that move no matter what. But the common denominators are down to just one right now.

And its not so much that they lost in general that's so disappointing, its that absolutely nothing changed from last season. Just the first game but every major failing of last year carried over seamlessly into tonight.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Great 1st MNF game with the Texans not getting steamrolled, they lead in New Orleans including late except left enough time for Brees and the Saints offense to move the Football into fuel goal range, and Saints won with a game winning field with time expires.

Great week for the Titans because all 3 AFC South teams lost, and the Titans steamrolled the Browns including outscoring them 21-0 in the 4th.
    Can't wait to watch what the Titans can do when they play good teams and great teams.

Congrats Dolphins they are the 1st obvious they are tanking NFL team using what NBA teams use to intentionally tank.
    Also wow Ravens last 2 Seasons have outscored the 2 AFC east teams including with combing those points.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If the Broncos don't improve I would think the leash would be over but I mean who knows, there is no solid owner in place right now anyway. Part of me thinks Ellis doesn't make that move no matter what. But the common denominators are down to just one right now.

And its not so much that they lost in general that's so disappointing, its that absolutely nothing changed from last season. Just the first game but every major failing of last year carried over seamlessly into tonight.

Well its 1 game and there is 15 other games left. Teams that look like they are Super Bowl bound can fall apart during a long season while teams who struggled in week 1 can rebound. So the Broncos , Browns and ...ok I can't even imagine how the Dolphins can logically rebound right now. Given reports are their own players want out. But the Broncos and Browns can look at the 1st week and make changes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So is this John Elway's last season as GM unless the Broncos do anything ? His teams have struggled since Peyton retired and Wade Phillips left.
    I think Elway lost his biggest backer when owner Pat Bowlen died, and there's no telling if whoever assumed the reins has that same level of loyalty to the two-time Super Bowl winning QB. If the Broncos stink on wheat all season like they had last night, then yeah, I suspect Elway is done.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    It's easy to nominate some guys who had the 'worst day ever' if they have some precedence but I think Crab Leg Kid and Adam Vinatieri legit have a strong case. I have never been a Jameis fan but I always thought he had ability. I fly the black QB flag but he's not helped the cause in any way form or fashion at this point. If Bruce Arians and half a dozen black coaches on staff can't help you from looking like Matt Schaub out there well... Tyrod Taylor is now a holder for God sake so.

I don't hate on QBs solely based on race... hell, I was all about Randall Cunningham back in the day. What has me more critical of Jameis Winston is his background as an alleged sex offender, and general dumbass off-the-field. But even if I set that aside, on the field as a pro, he's always made huge stupid-ass turnovers in games that you'd expect from a rookie... but now he's in like year 5 and still making them.

I agree with the idea that Arians is the "last chance salvage" head coach for Winston. If BA can't get him playing up to the caliber of a #1 overall pick... odds are, the Bucs let him walk after this year in free agency. I have no idea who might want to take a chance on him, instead, though.

Shoutout to Kyler Murray and your Cards WBE, I never want to see Larry Fitzgerald gone from the league but hopefully the young kid puts a little pop into an otherwise slog of a final season for him.
    Kyler looked good from about 10 minutes into the second half, until the end of overtime. I'm not running out to buy his jersey based on how he looked for the first 40 minutes of that game.

Make no mistake, though, Kyler Murray is goddamned quick. There was one play where he ran for his life, he was dodging defenders in the backfield like I've only seen Russell Wilson do... but FASTER.

Hopefully Arizona gets their starting RT Marcus Gilbert back so Murray doesn't quite have to hustle so much.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think Elway lost his biggest backer when owner Pat Bowlen died, and there's no telling if whoever assumed the reins has that same level of loyalty to the two-time Super Bowl winning QB. If the Broncos stink on wheat all season like they had last night, then yeah, I suspect Elway is done.
    The Bowlen family is apparently undergoing some kind of internal power struggle, too. The Broncos have a lack of direction from the very top. So Elway gets a little more of a pass because he's the only thread of consistency left from the Pat Bowlen glory days.

Of course it depends on how the rest of the season goes for both the Broncos and the Raiders. If the Raiders do this every week and the Flacco looks as inept as he did last night every week, then I suspect Flacco or the coaching staff gets the blame and Elway gets another year.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

To clear more WR room for Antonio Brown , the Patriots today traded Demaryius Thomas to the NY Jets for a 6th rd pick. Thomas has to be let down as he was trying to rebound his career after an injury slowed his trade to the Texans last year.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To clear more WR room for Antonio Brown , the Patriots today traded Demaryius Thomas to the NY Jets for a 6th rd pick. Thomas has to be let down as he was trying to rebound his career after an injury slowed his trade to the Texans last year.
    New England is too stacked at the position now, DT would be, at best, the 5th option at his position, behind Brown, Gordon, Edelman, and Dorsett. That doesn't include the admittedly shallow TE position, the pass catching backs NE seems to love, or the three rookies NE has invested in at WR and who have performed well enough that the team is unlikely to want to part with any of the three.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    New England is too stacked at the position now, DT would be, at best, the 5th option at his position, behind Brown, Gordon, Edelman, and Dorsett. That doesn't include the admittedly shallow TE position, the pass catching backs NE seems to love, or the three rookies NE has invested in at WR and who have performed well enough that the team is unlikely to want to part with any of the three.
    And Gronk potential

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I just heard about it. I wonder if Darth Hoodie is suddenly having second thoughts about bringing in Brown who was already going to be a distraction before this story broke? I mean, it’s not like the Pats need Brown, not after dropping 30 on Pittsburgh two nights ago, the circus that follows him around is sure to be annoying as hell.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just heard about it. I wonder if Darth Hoodie is suddenly having second thoughts about bringing in Brown who was already going to be a distraction before this story broke? I mean, it’s not like the Pats need Brown, not after dropping 30 on Pittsburgh two nights ago, the circus that follows him around is sure to be annoying as hell.
    This thing is going to be messy as ****. He's accusing her of extortion for not investing in a business. It's going to a clusterfuck. Thank god Belichick will never answer a question about it