Page 60 of 155 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Cardinals put up 141 yards to the Giants 3 (YES, THREE) in the first quarter, while also picking off a pass.

Shurmur had better get his team to wake up.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Matthew Stafford just became the fastest QB to 40,000 career yards right now. Stafford has done it in 147 games. The old record was 151 games with Matt Ryan. Also Stafford is the 21st QB to do this and joins a list of these players.

Drew Brees
    Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Brett Farve *
    Dan Marino *
    Ben Rothlisberger
    Eli Manning
    Phillip Rivers
    John Elway*
    Warren Moon*
    Matt Ryan
    Fran Tarkenton*
    Carson Palmer
    Vinny Testeverde
    Drew Bledsoe
    Aaron Rodgers
    Dan Fouts*
    Kerry Collins
    Joe Montana*
    Johnny Unitas*

Stafford only needs 17 more yards to pass Unitas on career yards list. The * indicate Hall of Fame players.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

True to form, Arizona goes up 17-0 barely into the 2nd quarter, and within a few minutes, gives up 14 points (a passing TD and then a blocked punt for TD) and the Giants are right back in it.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Having watched the past two Cardinals games... I've seen them blow 14 and 17 point leads, so this isn't over and done with yet.

Cardinals have RB Chase Edmonds racking up yards and 2 TDs early in a rainy game in the first quarter. Arizona's got the ball back, looking to go up by 3 scores. Should they win today, they're at 3-3-1, and if the Rams win in Atlanta, every team in the NFC West is guaranteed be at .500 or better after 7 weeks.
    You were right to fear a meltdown.
    The resilient Giants have gotten back in the game to reduce the lead 17-14. As said in the movie Mighty Ducks 2 a lead is futile if the defense can't defend the lead.

Some surprising halftime scores in places like Buffalo, Houston and Wash.
    See how the second half goes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I admit it would fit Miami to do the following thing the rest of the season.

- Start Ryan Fitpatrick the rest of the way , riding some Fritmagic as usual.

- Don't learn anything about Josh Rosen in this stretch if he's worth keeping as a possible franchise QB.

- Win some games that blow your chance at a high 1st rd pick and potential franchise QB doing this comically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Don't disagree. The Phins can't even lose right.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Bengals lead the Jaguars 10-9 after three quarters.
    Maybe the Bengals finally get their first win or they find a glorious way to choke.

Bills remain in a heart attack game 17-14, the Bills need to increase the lead to avoid getting upset by the tenacious Dolphins.

To quote Stephen A Smith. "Aaron Rodgers is a BAAAAD Man!"

Broncos should ship Emmanuel Sanders to New Orleans. Give Brees another weapon for when he comes back.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Surprising no one....GB is going come out with the W.

Oak moved the ball well....but their Defense is not good enough to make up for the Car's fumble into the endzone.

how crazy can 3 min change a game...well that's the NFL for you.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL News

- Many people were blasting the Philadelphia Eagles for not getting a Ramsey trade done. But the Eagles came close to pulling one off. They offered the Jaguars 1st and 2nd rd draft picks in the draft for Ramsey. They felt it was a good offer and was topped by the Rams who gave up more.

As an Eagles fan, I’m glad they DIDN’T pull off that deal for what figures to be a ten game rental was too high a price to pay. From what I’ve seen, the Birds need more than just Ramsey to reach the Super Bowl, on both sides of the ball.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If Buffalo holds out they could go 5-1 and really be a surprise team with how they lean on Frank Gore so 2nd year QB Josh Allen doesn't have to do a lot as he grows as a starter. But who would imagine that 36 year old Frank Gore is having a solid damn season at this stage ? He's 36 and has nearly 400 yards rushing thus far this season. He is the Inconvenient Truth.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Atlanta is being bitchslapped by the Rams 30-10 late in the fourth and will soon fall to 1-6. At this point, it’s no longer a question of if head coach Dan Quinn gets the chop, but when.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Arizona's still hanging on 27-21, with the Giants at their own 11, 2nd and 10, at the two minute warning. New York has to hope rookie Daniel Jones can take them on an 89 yard drive, in a day where he's already got 3 turnovers. No timeouts left for the G-Men, either.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-20-2019 at 01:02 PM.