Page 14 of 155 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

I guess we'll see where the investigation goes, if it gets to that point. I'll reserve having anything more to say about an allegation till then. When I ripped him for bad behavior it was for stuff that I knew he was doing, stuff that had tangible evidence behind it. This does not yet to our knowledge. Hopefully the authorities listen, investigate, see what's there if there's something there. Then maybe I'll have more to say.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Steelers got their bums handed to them. But the were still right in getting rid of AB.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This thing is going to be messy as ****. He's accusing her of extortion for not investing in a business. It's going to a clusterfuck. Thank god Belichick will never answer a question about it
    Yeah, but that won't stop the media from inquiring. Even local reporters, long used to dealing with the information reticent Belichick will ask about Brown anyway, lest they be slammed nationally for being shills covering for the team. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I know, stupid as hell, but that's just what's going to happen.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

While I think Antonio Brown is not a good person for how he fucked the Raiders over as we saw....I will wait til we see where this goes. Let the cops investigate and see where it goes. New England is in a spot right now given this...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    While I think Antonio Brown is not a good person for how he fucked the Raiders over as we saw....I will wait til we see where this goes. Let the cops investigate and see where it goes. New England is in a spot right now given this...
    Less than one might first think. Adam Schefter is reporting that the NFL was wholly in the dark until this went public.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Less than one might first think. Adam Schefter is reporting that the NFL was wholly in the dark until this went public.
    Speaking of which....

Antonio Brown: Patriots WR becoming the NFL's worst nightmare

Antonio Brown hasn’t just crashed the NFL’s 100th birthday party, he’s hijacked it.

The league planned on this season being a six-month celebration of its best games, biggest names and most iconic moments. Instead, it’s going to be all about AB, and there’s not a damn thing the NFL, the New England Patriots or even the iron-handed Bill Belichick can do about it.
    It will be weeks, and more likely months, before there’s any resolution to the lawsuit. Which means the NFL and the Patriots are stuck with this never-ending sideshow.

No matter how many times Belichick tries to stonewall and say the Patriots are on to whoever they’re playing that week, it won’t stop the questions about Brown. Anytime Commissioner Roger Goodell appears in public, he’ll be asked for an update on the wide receiver or to assess the various possible outcomes.

At every game and every practice, Brown will be under a microscope, his body language and interactions with Tom Brady and Belichick assessed and debated for even the slightest hint of trouble or discord.

And that's assuming Brown doesn't create any new dramas. Good luck with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Steelers got their bums handed to them. But the were still right in getting rid of AB.
    The Steelers kept Roethlisberger around for a decade (and counting) after being accused of doing the same thing, you guys aren't allowed to say a damned thing about Brown now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The Steelers kept Roethlisberger around for a decade (and counting) after being accused of doing the same thing, you guys aren't allowed to say a damned thing about Brown now.
    Not to mention all these accusation would have occurred when he was a Steeler

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

NFL Week 1 it was priceless that the Jets would find a new glorious way to lose with a chokejob.
    The Jets won the turnover battle 4-0 vs the road team the Bills, except they weren't able to score a 2nd td since the Bills held them to 3 field goals, and the Jets did lead for most of the game more than 52 minutes, and the Bills did outscore the Jets 14-0 in the 4th Quarter.
    Only the Jets could find a way to lose with winning the turnover battle 4-0, and they did with the Bills coming back to win 17-16.
    Like the Mets choking in the 9th inning, the Jets are king of heartbreakers that find glorious ways to choke late in the game including the 4th, and Sunday was a masterpiece chokejob, and a new way to lose for the choke artists aka the Jets.

The debuts of rookie head coaches Brian Flores (Miami) and Freddie Kitchens (Cleveland) were flat out disasters as they both had their heads handed to them in horribly embarrassing fashion this past Sunday. Sure, it's only one game and both teams could well rebound this coming Sunday (most notably the Fish as they host New England, and the Pats have had trouble winning in South Beach) but I'm sure the fanbases in both cities must already be wondering if they were sold a bill of goods on their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Hmmp. How magnanimous, as if.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Bang.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Not to mention all these accusation would have occurred when he was a Steeler
    Bang bang.

No fan of Brown, Steelers or Pats, a trilogy of assholes if you ask me but... this woman's account, on the surface seems... incomplete? There is at least 1 re-pass going on here amiright? Not putting it past him by any means and still... wait and see.

NFL has a merch issue with this don't they? Cause that's a big part of the business too, brand new Antonio Brown Pats jersey's that need to move- hopefully that move better and see the field, any field, unlike than the Oakland ones. Just 1 player but at the same time when one of their guys hits the major news outlets over conduct that's never cool. Specially when you're pushing miniskirts with NFL teams on them.
    Last edited by Surf; 09-11-2019 at 07:29 AM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Guess this depends on the purpose NE had for getting Brown in the first place. Belichick seems to be stockpiling picks for next year's draft, and Brown might have been trade-fodder in the first place. Still not a good look, and this has to hurt his trade potential as well as everything else.

Oh well, it wouldn't be the NFL without drama. People on sports radio are talking about OBJ's watch, for goodness sakes.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Guess this depends on the purpose NE had for getting Brown in the first place. Belichick seems to be stockpiling picks for next year's draft, and Brown might have been trade-fodder in the first place. Still not a good look, and this has to hurt his trade potential as well as everything else.

Oh well, it wouldn't be the NFL without drama. People on sports radio are talking about OBJ's watch, for goodness sakes.
    Yet another wide receiver with more talent than sense.

All-New Member

Why anybody wants Brown in their locker room is beyond me.

Also, anybody else kinda enjoy watching Baker Mayfield fall flat on his face after all off season being hyped as the best thing since sliced bread? "All the weapons he has around him now, he's going to be in the MVP talk." ...Yeah...No....

Week 2 Predictions

Panthers over Bucs- Panthers avoid 0-2 start
    Ravens over Cards- Ravens take command in the AFC North
    Bengals over 49ers- Bengals lost a close one at Seattle. 49ers are easier.
    Chargers over Lions- Chargers are too good for the Lions
    Packers over Vikings- Packers take command of the the NFC North
    Texans over Jaguars- Bill O'Brien must avoid an 0-2 start or his job is in trouble
    Patriots over Dolphins- Dolphins give up 50 points at home for the second game in a row
    Giants over Bills- Saquon runs wild in this
    Steelers over Seahawks- Steelers avoid an 0-2 start
    Titans over Colts- Titans take command of the AFC South
    Redskins over Cowboys- Redskins show up in the second half, upset the Cowboys
    Chiefs over Raiders- Chiefs avoid a trap game
    Bears over Broncos- Bears are contenders, the Broncos aren't
    Rams over Saints- Rams win an early season showdown
    Eagles over Falcons- Eagles go 2-0
    Browns over Jets- Browns must win or they will lose all of their hype