Page 144 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2317

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

- Ryan Tannehill became the second winningest QB against Tom Brady at 5-6. He is second to Peyton Manning at 6-11.
    Or the winningest at over 40% vs 27% for Peyton. But Eli is 3-2 with 2 of those being Superbowls, So I would give it to him. Peyton is up 3-2 in playoffs.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-13-2020 at 11:58 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

- Julian Edelman has been arrested and cited with a misdemeanor. NFL is already considering giving him a 2 game suspension.
    What the hell was up with that? Was Edelman, bored, high, drunk or all three?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

None of the Super Bowl teams left are big draws, except maybe the one with Rodgers on it. And thats only because of the State Farm commercials! Mahomes is on them, too, so maybe the best ratings would be Green Bay and Chiefs? I'd personally like to see that matchup. Bit of a throwback to the first few years of the Super Bowl era, when both teams were powerhouses, and also it could be sold as young versus old.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I think people got really bored with the Pats, and this line up will make people more excited.
    This years ratings are up year over year. With the Niners Vikings game the best in 4 years.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-13-2020 at 12:44 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Or the winningest at over 40% vs 27% for Peyton. But Eli is 3-2 with 2 of those being Superbowls, So I would give it to him. Peyton is up 3-2 in playoffs.
    It's just pure wins. Win percentage is a hard metric in football sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What the hell was up with that? Was Edelman, bored, high, drunk or all three?
    Hanging out with a known NBA partier apparently. And now NE is planning to fine him and the NFL will stay out of it.

So he gets to dodge a bullet.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-13-2020 at 02:45 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I honestly did not know a person could get arrested for standing on the hood of a car, even if it were a Mercedes.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

He damaged it, which is vandalism, though the report said minor damage.

It's just pure wins. Win percentage is a hard metric in football sometimes.
    True, but how many times they met comes into play for that. It's a little bit of a weird stat. He met Peyton 17 times, the most of any other QB by far. The next is Big Ben with 11.

Joe Burrow is now at the top of the list of every NFL team that even remotely needs a quarterback, he might be the highest rated college QB since Andrew Luck right now

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The 49ers fanbase is a pale shadow of what it was in the 90s when they were a dominant team (one also hurt when they actually left SF and created a bit of bitterness from fans who felt jilted), one that no longer travels well with the team like some of the bigger draws in the NFL, and they are no longer a ratings draw. How many prime time games has the NFL given them over the last few years? How many of those were when they weren't playing another big draw team?
    Actually no. Any franchise that has success like the 49ers had for as long as they did is always going to have a huge fanbase. 49ers fans have been well represented on the road this year. This was really apparent during the game in New Orleans in the Super Dome.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/12/...is-deep-south/

And no one cares that the 49ers are now in Santa Clara in an awesome new stadium compared to **** Candlestick, especially since more ticket holders resided outside the city anyway. There isn't some contingent of fans that refuse to go to games or be invested in the team due to leaving the city and traveling 50 minutes south. It's still the bay area. The 49ers are a decent ratings draw. Not great like Dallas, but not terrible like Jacksonville. The 49ers this year in primetime were awarded Cleveland as their first game. Since when is Cleveland a huge ratings draw? And then Arizona and Seattle, not huge rating monsters. That is how it's usually been the last few years. Division primetime games on either MNF or TNF, standard fair for doormat teams. And you could tell the schedule makers drew back the hype a good amount this year compared to last year since they had a few primetime games lined up in 2018, but shifted back after that season when the team sucked (due to Jimmy getting hurt). 49ers had 3 primetime games this year, but no SNF game scheduled. That changed when they were flexed into two spots later on. So they had 5 in total.

Next season they'll get a boatload of them. The 49ers played in arguably 5 of the top 10 exciting games in the NFL this year.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 01-13-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    When are you going to start believing in your team? If they reach the Super Bowl?
    Yes , for the curse and 50+ years of endless playoff sadness to end , KC has to do this. They have to win for me to believe. But the curse is strong. I am always a realistic person and through my life KC just has never been able to do it. Something always happens sadly.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Joe Burrow is now at the top of the list of every NFL team that even remotely needs a quarterback, he might be the highest rated college QB since Andrew Luck right now
    I can't say there's zero chance that Cincinnatti takes Ohio State's Chase Young ahead of him at #1 because he's that good and a hometown kid...

But now, the idea that that could happen is a billion to one. It's as much of a lock as you should see right now, barring a disastrous combine or pre-draft scandal. And maybe not even then.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I can't say there's zero chance that Cincinnatti takes Ohio State's Chase Young ahead of him at #1 because he's that good and a hometown kid...

But now, the idea that that could happen is a billion to one. It's as much of a lock as you should see right now, barring a disastrous combine or pre-draft scandal. And maybe not even then.
    The Bengals are in a hell of a spot. They have draft needs everywhere essentially and could demand a kings ransom for Burrow (3-4 , 1st rd picks ..maybe more) to get him or just draft him to appease the fanbase there. But this will be an interesting draft for the Bengals who likely will take calls from a few teams needing a QB.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

As much as I would like to see The Bengals take Burrows I wouldnt mind too much if they trade him for a good number of picks. Burrows alone wont fix the Bengals. They need a lot of help in every area. If Cincy throws Burrows out there season one with the team they have right now he will bomb and a lot of fans will be pissed and place the blame on Burrows.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Burrows alone wont fix the Bengals.
    This is assuming ownership feels his team is broken though. Constant and historic streams of revenue can be considered 'winning' by most metrics. From a fan perspective it's a wasteland but Brown still rakes in money, sure not as much as a team in a bigger market with a bigger winner but competing with the Browns in the state of Ohio for best pro team he's been winning that for only 30 or more years. The goodwill of drafting Burrow if he works it right would be through the roof until his rookie contract expires dude begins his real NFL career.

Question is, what can you get for Dalton at this point? Surely a couple of seconds maybe? 2 and a 3? I've always thought Dalton was better than Tannehill but a bad team taints talent so...
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.