Page 89 of 155 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2317

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if they do take the 2021 draft picks from both teams. A reason they can't do 2020 draft picks as possible punishment is the Steelers already traded away their 1st rd pick for this draft to the Miami Dolphins weeks ago.
    It wouldn't be that high is my guess. But the threat is there to scare other teams/players away from fighting. And the implication from what the NFL said this morning is that had Garrett not taken the helmet off and hit him, both him and the QB would be staring at 4 games for the racial epithets being thrown out at each other. But Garrett and Pouncey upped the anty, so those went away.

IMHO, if they were considering suspending Rudolph for saying racist ****, he should be suspended too. I don't agree about picks but more players should've been suspended and fined. Maybe even the coaches.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    By my eyes, Rudolph did "start" it, but the way Garrett decided to finish it was absolutely inexcusable.
    This. Hopefully in most everyone else's eyes as well but the severity of the retaliation hopefully doesn't overshadow it.

Maybe this shakes Mayfield straight lol, he was reeeall conciliatory about this afterward in real time, kinda like a real QB and not like Captain Chiponshoulderforlife.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Goddamn. NFLPA will likely argue for like "rest of the season" or "16 games" on his behalf, because they have to do something on a player's behalf...

But I'm relieved he won't be getting any shots at Kyler Murray in December, given what he did last night, to be sure.
    The NFLPA is too busy with the new CBA that is adding 2 more playoff teams, knocking the preseason to 2 games, and adding game 17 to the season with a second bye week.

Something tells me they won't because even the AB situation got a quick comment from the NFLPA and they've said boo so far.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

IMHO, if they were considering suspending Rudolph for saying racist ****, he should be suspended too.
    Ahhh... I wondered what set dude off THAT tough, that'll do it. Mason betta watch himself with his own teamates going forwards if that's the case. I'd hope Mason's lawyer not send out any more threatening tweets about legal action then.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Ahhh... I wondered what set dude off THAT tough, that'll do it. Mason betta watch himself with his own teamates going forwards if that's the case. I'd hope Mason's lawyer not send out any more threatening tweets about legal action then.
    I think Garrett committing assault is a big deal but IF what the NFL alluded to was considered, Rudolph needs to be suspended, even if it's a game. You can't go around triggering people and saying stuff like that.

What Garrett did was inexcusable but ... they need to address Rudolph's role, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The NFLPA is too busy with the new CBA that is adding 2 more playoff teams, knocking the preseason to 2 games, and adding game 17 to the season with a second bye week.

Something tells me they won't because even the AB situation got a quick comment from the NFLPA and they've said boo so far.
    A lot harder for the NFLPA to defend an alleged rapist and all-around jerk off the field in comparison to a player who fights on the field in a violent game.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    A lot harder for the NFLPA to defend an alleged rapist and all-around jerk off the field in comparison to a player who fights on the field in a violent game.
    Yeah, but ... you never know.

Not that is justifies what Garrett did at all, but accounts of the fight say Rudolph kicked Garrett in the groin as Garrett was getting up before he ripped Rudolph's helmet off. If true, Rudolph should be suspended as well, but it doesn't excuse Garrett's actions nor should it affect his suspension.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Not that is justifies what Garrett did at all, but accounts of the fight say Rudolph kicked Garrett in the groin as Garrett was getting up before he ripped Rudolph's helmet off. If true, Rudolph should be suspended as well, but it doesn't excuse Garrett's actions nor should it affect his suspension.

-M
    Just watched the clip. While he could have hit him in the groin as they went down, he did not intentionally kick him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M
    That video is going to get more airplay than the Zapruder film. I agree Rudolph didn’t cover himself in glory and should also face punishment, but yeah, Garrett was the villain of the piece.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Rudolph is reportedly out for concussion protocol, so it may be moot.

Spectacular Member

1. Game was in-hand and, by all accounts, over.
    2. I kind of felt like Garret could have got flagged for "late hit" or "personal foul" for pulling Rudolph down the way he did. Ive seen MUCH less contact get flagged.
    3. Rudolph lost it when he grabbed Garret's helmet first, and should be suspended at least one game. Garret...done for the year (which i recently saw was the minimum).
    4. All of this overshadows the fact a young playmaker (Juju) comes out of the game, and quite possibly multiple games now, due to helmet-to-helmet. This would be a much bigger part of the story of this game, had the last 14 seconds not been what it was.

Perhaps Rudolph lost it BECAUSE it was a late hit and was unnecessary since the win was already in hand for Cleveland. I understand players have to bust it until the final whistle, but Garrett took things too far when he could’ve just knocked Rudolph down and that melee never happens.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-15-2019 at 07:50 PM.

The chances that Rudolph went for the groin is highly unlikely. This seems to just be a conspiracy theory of some Browns fans to try and legitimize it a bit or something. Rudolph definitely did re-instigate the altercation, but that's entirely moot. Whether he did or not doesn't mean that there was any justification in performing an act that hadn't been done since Lyle Alzado. And even before that, when no one thought to make a rule for it just in case, swinging around helmets still never happened. That says something considering the violent emotions on the field during a game.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-15-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The chances that Rudolph went for the groin is highly unlikely. This seems to just be a conspiracy theory of some Browns fans to try and legitimize it a bit or something. Rudolph definitely did re-instigate the altercation, but that's entirely moot. Whether he did or not doesn't mean that there was any justification in performing an act that hadn't been done since Lyle Alzado. And even before that, when no one thought to make a rule for it just in case, swinging around helmets still never happened. That says something considering the violent emotions on the field during a game.
    The closest thing to last night’s melee where players used equipment against one another as weapons on the field was Juan Marichal of the Giants clubbing John Roseboro from the Dodgers with a bat way back in 1965. That’s just something you don’t see as players rarely go THAT crazy, so it stands to reason there wouldn’t be a rule on the books to handle a situation like that.