Page 81 of 155 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2317

In other QB news, Nick Foles will return to the starter role for the Jags as Minshew will sit now that Foles is healthy again.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Cam Newton goes on IR, and is done for the season.

-M
    And Desean Jackson will join him there after surgery on his groin today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Malcolm Butler of the Titans also goes on IR with a broken wrist.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    In reading Jackson should have stayed off the field and skipped the rest of the year. He tore the muscle fully there in playing. So imagine that fucking pain he had.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In reading Jackson should have stayed off the field and skipped the rest of the year. He tore the muscle fully there in playing. So imagine that fucking pain he had.
    Jackson should've had the surgery right after suffering the injury in week 2, instead, he went the rest and rehab route which had zero results. Meanwhile, the Eagles shouldn't have sent him out there this past Sunday since he hadn't fully practiced prior to the Bears game. Short and sweet, everyone fucked up: Jackson, the medical staff, Doug Pederson, and the front office for not having a contingency plan for Jackson's absence as he was our only deep threat who stretched the field, on top of that, GM Howie Roseman let the trade deadline go past without addressing said problem. With nothing but butterfingered plodders in the WR room, it'll be Carson Wentz dinking and dunking for the rest of the season. Unacceptable!

Wilson or Watson or Jackson the MVP?

To me MVP really is which player has soo much value to their team...that if you take them away the team's fortunes drop or in most cases flip.

Take in 2016 Derek Carr was playing at such a high level...he took the team to the play offs...but since he broke his leg in week 17 against the Colts...when they played Houston in the playoffs they got destroyed because they had to start a back up QB.

For this year for me its really ether Wilson or Watson. Because without their heroics both Houston and Seattle would be sub .500 teams.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Jackson.

He's lit up some good defenses this year.

Wilson has yet to face a good team. We'll see after the Niners.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Week 10 predictions

Chargers over Raiders- Surging Chargers get back to .500
    Bears over Lions- battle for third place in the NFC North, with the loser probably no longer in contention
    Ravens over Bengals- Ravens win this game easily
    Bills over Browns- the Bills are getting good and the Browns have gone back to being bad
    Packers over Panthers- Packers bounce back from their road loss with a win at home
    Saints over Falcons- easy home win for the Saints
    Giants over Jets- both teams are at home, but the Giants have Saquon Barkley.
    Cardinals over Bucs- Cardinals are at the margins of contention, while the Bucs are done
    Chiefs over Titans- Chiefs should win this one with or without Patrick Mahomes.
    Colts over Dolphins- easy game for the Colts
    Rams over Steelers- Rams are too good for the Steelers
    Vikings over Cowboys- Vikings embarrass the Cowboys
    Seahawks over 49ers- Seahawks must win or else the 49ers will run away with their division.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Jackson.

The Seahawks did pretty well against the Saints. And I think the Buccs are actually way better than their record.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Cam Newton goes on IR, and is done for the season.

-M
    I read in the sports section of my local fishwrap this morning that Newton is owed $21 million for the next two years, but if the Panthers cut him after this season, they'll save $19 million on the cap. Newton is 30, his skills have been declining, and the Panthers have gone 5-3 without him this season. Would Carolina have the cajones to send Newton packing?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

There's this amazing sport called rugby.

If mainstream American audiences ever saw it, the NFL would be doomed.
    Oh, I'm well aware of rugby. I quite enjoy the sport, even if England have just been beaten in the World Cup Final by South Africa .

We have professional leagues for both codes (rugby league and rugby union) here in the UK, both of which are very good but will always have to accept minority status when compared to football (soccer).
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Ive seen Rugby a few times. I have really enjoyed it. But there is not much acess to it here in the states. Unless someone knows of a good sports channel with it on there.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Jackson.

Yep. And he beat the Patriots, practically putting the V in MVP not just for his own team but for the entire league.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Wilson or Watson or Jackson the MVP?

To me MVP really is which player has soo much value to their team...that if you take them away the team's fortunes drop or in most cases flip.

Take in 2016 Derek Carr was playing at such a high level...he took the team to the play offs...but since he broke his leg in week 17 against the Colts...when they played Houston in the playoffs they got destroyed because they had to start a back up QB.

For this year for me its really ether Wilson or Watson. Because without their heroics both Houston and Seattle would be sub .500 teams.
    My unconventional pick would be Christian McCaffrey. He's clearly the reason the Panthers are in the playoff hunt right now without Cam Newton. I know QBs are the likely pick. I can count the number of non-QBs who have won MVP in the last twenty years on one hand. But while you say that Houston and Seattle would be .500 without them, I don't know if the Panthers would have won a game without McCaffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Ive seen Rugby a few times. I have really enjoyed it. But there is not much acess to it here in the states. Unless someone knows of a good sports channel with it on there.
    NBCSN occasionally shows matches (they broadcast the recently concluded World Cup WillieMorgan mentioned), but nothing on a regular basis I'm afraid. I also find rugby entertaining.