Page 83 of 155 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2317

Last minute deals that failed:

- NE and CLE agreed in principle to a trade for OBJ but could not complete the paperwork before the trade deadline. Both sides appear to be willing to make the trade in the offseason.

- LAC had a trade to WAS involving Okung and Williams but could not agree on pick years. Both sides appear to be willing to attempt the trade again later.

- PHI and MIA were working on a CB/RB trade for picks but time ran out. Both sides tabled it for the offseason.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Last minute deals that failed:

- NE and CLE agreed in principle to a trade for OBJ but could not complete the paperwork before the trade deadline. Both sides appear to be willing to make the trade in the offseason.

- LAC had a trade to WAS involving Okung and Williams but could not agree on pick years. Both sides appear to be willing to attempt the trade again later.

- PHI and MIA were working on a CB/RB trade for picks but time ran out. Both sides tabled it for the offseason.

It showed Beckum last week waiving his arms as he's wide open and has a step on his guy on a 4th down. Mayfield instead checked down to force it to Landry. As one guy on ESPN said , Mayfield has a closer connection to Landry and he's forcing to him more than going to a newer guy like OBJ.

Also this is the 2nd time in the last 3-4 years Cleveland ran out of time on a trade deal comically. (the 1st was AJ McCarron)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It showed Beckum last week waiving his arms as he's wide open and has a step on his guy on a 4th down. Mayfield instead checked down to force it to Landry. As one guy on ESPN said , Mayfield has a closer connection to Landry and he's forcing to him more than going to a newer guy like OBJ.

Also this is the 2nd time in the last 3-4 years Cleveland ran out of time on a trade deal comically. (the 1st was AJ McCarron)
    The Factory of Sadness keeps on trucking.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Andy Reid has said Pat Mahomes will start this weekend after taking part all week in practice. The doctors and Chiefs took their time and checked with Mahomes if he had any pain issues or anything each day. Mahomes claims Reid never told him he'd start til Friday's check up .

Mahomes was seen running and throwing at practice on Friday in a twitter video posted.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Factory of Sadness keeps on trucking.
    The incompetence of the Browns is absolutely breathtaking.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The incompetence of the Browns is absolutely breathtaking.
    Not as bad as The Bengals.

But I think even though the Bengals are 0-9 and going to lose Sunday to the Ravens the Browns are having the more disappointing season. I say this becasue no one really thought the Bengals would do anything while everyone had high hopes for The Browns.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Not as bad as The Bengals.

But I think even though the Bengals are 0-9 and going to lose Sunday to the Ravens the Browns are having the more disappointing season. I say this becasue no one really thought the Bengals would do anything while everyone had high hopes for The Browns.
    I'd say people thought the Bengals would be middle of the road and maybe a 5-11 or 7-9 team at best. There was middle of the road expectations for them. Baker Mayfield was penciled in as MVP for 2019 and the Browns were discussing Super Bowl.

But as Shannon Sharpe brought up the Browns did a few wrong things.

- They promoted a guy who only had half a season of experience as a coach and offensive coordinator in Freddie Kitchens. His lack of getting players to not get penalties in situations show as well as bad coaching decisions in game. They brought this on themselves in believing Kitchens would become a hot coaching prospect and promoting him too soon.

- A QB who is having a melt down from off-season on. Mayfield believed he was the best ever after a rookie season. He got angry over his RB wanting a trade in Duke Johnson and walked out of an interview this past week over a simple football question. A fact even Sharpe joked , it was an actual football question and nothing that needed the QB to stand and walk out of.

- John Dorsey went after exotic big name players and didn't examine his offensive and defensive lines. Remember when people claimed Kansas City should have traded for Beckum months ago ? Or how the Chiefs should have went for Antonio Brown ? The Chiefs saw the salary cap , players they had even if they lost Tyreek Hill (Hardman has had a better season that Beckum and is a rookie and 3rd string WR !) and realized they needed cap space for players ahead.

The Browns offensive line is a mess. He traded a key player on it for Beckum to New York. Now games in Dorsey realizes his team needs that OL/DL fixed and he dangled Beckum in a trade. Which won't help with that.

NFL News....

- Jacoby Brissett will not start this week due to his sprain knee.

- The Chicago Bears released Mike Smith (RB) who was signed to be part of a deep RB rotation in Chicago with David Montgomery and Tank Cohen. But as time passed he rarely played and the Bears decided to release him now to earn a compensation pick to use in 2020 draft.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

With my Eagles on their bye week, I'll be most interested in the Sunday night matchup between Dallas and Minnesota.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    With my Eagles on their bye week, I'll be most interested in the Sunday night matchup between Dallas and Minnesota.
    With my Patriots on their bye week, I'll be doing other things besides watching football.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I am really looking forward to this week. In a rare thing my Saints are on tv in my market so I will be watching that over The Bengals. And I am looking forward to The Seahawks and 49er's. A Monday game that I am looking forward to watching at long last.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Kyler Murray jut set the rookie record for most pass attempts without an interception. The previous record was 176 attempts and held by Dark Prescott and Derek Carr. Murray was at 182 attempts and counting.

Matt Stafford is out with broken bones in his back. Apparently he has been playing with back pain since last season, but his streak of consecutive starts ended this week when doctors refused to medically clear him to play.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 11-10-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Kyler Murray jut set the rookie record for most pass attempts without an interception. The previous record was 176 attempts and held by Dark Prescott and Derek Carr. Murray was at 182 attempts and counting.

Matt Stafford is out with broken bones in his back. Apparently he has been playing with back pain since last season, but his streak of consecutive starts ended this week when doctors refused ot medically clear him to play.

-M
    That is scary dangerous to do really. The Lions allowed Stafford to play with broken bones in his friggen back ? What happens if he takes a hit wrong ? I get Stafford wanted to play badly ala most guys. But for fucks sake you can't allow a guy to possibly injure himself to a point he could end up crippled. Goodell needs to investigate this.

KC struggling against the Titans sums up the year. They need to really invest next season in defense in draft and bring in a few players there.

Let's go Falcon's! 4 sacks today already, gotta get through the last 10 minutes.They're rolling in New Orleans.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.